Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 21 Ashland 16

Featured Replies

Something that the Ramblers should look at is that it may be a Baseball school year in year out. They compete with the big boys (without fire truck escorts) go about their business and are at the top of the region almost every year. The basketball team has been very competitive over the last 10 years. I believe that they won a district and their was no fire truck escort. I am glad that the fire departments of the two communities supported the kids and gave their appreciation. I am just an outsider looking in, but Raceland has allot of goods things going on and need to look at the big picture. Like TBF said, the focus needs to be on the BIG WINS, Fairview, LCA, Bath, Paris. Those teams allow you to reach your goal.

 

I hope the Raceland wins them all. Vanderhoof is a great guy and great coach. I know some the kids and their great hard working individuals. Keep the game in perspective.

I know that if any Raceland team or coach wants a fire truck escort one would be provided. There are alot of Raceland players whose fathers are on one or more fire departments and would congradulate any team or our Ram Pride Band. We are proud of all our students and coaches and directors at Raceland.

  • Replies 261
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im there every week painting, cutting grass, and pulling weeds out of concrete. I dont know what you are talking about.....

............and of course picking up all that old discarded junk everywhere.:thumb:

............and of course picking up all that old discarded junk everywhere.:thumb:

 

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. :rolleyes:

One more parade comment - it's a Raceland tradition. We have had parades for cheerleaders returning from camp, JFL wins, Academic meets, Vacation Bible School graduations, and KUNA elections. Aunt Bea would appreciate our small town celebrations for the kids in whom the community takes much pride. In the mid-90's I recall parades for nearly every on-the-road victory. Lots of fun & lots of community spirit!

:thumb:

Not when the parade route is a quarter of a mile...small town USA *grin*

:D That's funny right there!!!

This is so true. It was a special evening for everyone. Those that could come and those that could not. I think it was done with taste. They waited until the bus was at fitness world and then took them in. They didnt run all over Raceland and Worthington. Just a nice congradulations straight to the fieldhouse. To TBF, he could never lose any of his friends. He is an prime example of great character in Raceland.

:thumb: I agree 100%!! He very seldom misses a game at home or on the road.

They do have some hard hitting LB's put lets not forget the linemen.

The defensive line did a great job of getting off the ball and allowing the LB to get to the ball. They also seemed to be in excellent physical condition. Maybe a little more fluid intake on thursday though.

Could you possibly try to make a more sweeping generalization about Ashland fans?

 

 

Frances

 

 

He could try, but thats pretty much says it all in a nutshell.

Im not the only one who does that stuff, but I appreciate the kind words! :thumb:

Then tell whoever helps you with the upkeep that Putnam always looks great.:thumb: You guys do a good job GIAT.

GodIsATomcat,

As for gas prices... Then I am glad Raceland got $4500 from Ashland to come and play the game. The money is nice, but the win was priceless.

  • Author
... Aunt Bea would appreciate our small town celebrations for the kids in whom the community takes much pride. ...

 

Take this from an eastern Kentucky boy that doesn't get to come home nearly often enough - there is NOWHERE on earth as sweet as small town America. Life in eastern Kentucky has some drawbacks, but I'd give my right arm to raise my kids there.

 

I say that knowing full well that some of the rivalries get overheated from time to time - but the people back home are second to none.

 

 

Melancholy,

Frances

Here is a pic of the Ram defense.
Nice pic BLUE did you get this off a site?
hows bonner doin? any news? updates?

 

Had an MRI on Saturday, the results should be know sometime Monday. I have heard that there was minimal swelling, which seemed to be good news, but who knows. It did not look good Friday night I know that!

Wow. Thats incredible. With gas prices these days all those parades must get expensive! :lol:

This is a very small town we are talking about. A person can see the ending point of a parade from the starting point of the parade.:lol: I wouldn't excatly call a couple of fire trucks, maybe the Police cruiser and some people following in their vehicles blowing horns a major event parade.:p Macy's has noting to worry about.:lol: Just a community showing respect for a bunch of kids that had a huge win. I also tend to adhere to the "act like you have done it before" way of thinking (and by the way, we have done it before) . This however was not a planned, promoted event and I really don't see anything wrong with it. (other than if we play the Tomcats again next year you can bet this just might be a topic of interest and conversation in their camp/locker room :sssh: .) Lets go Rams, lets get focused on Rowan Co. this week and go out and get win #2 in our home opener.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.