Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 21 Ashland 16

Featured Replies

Where are you all when the field needs painted ( which I have helped almost every week for the past 4 years and my father the other 3) or the senior flags put up, the cat heads put in the corner of the endzone. Also the last fire truck I followed was the one in 1990 and I was 9. I just dont think that our the tomcat fans can stand the truth ( which is that our football team isnt really good right now) and you all hope to much. I will be at the field to paint this week will you all???

:confused: I can't speak for cvillecat but he is a Raceland fan and I don't think that there was a need for him to paint the Tomcat in the corner of the enzone at Putnam stadium or cut the grass and put up your flags:confused: :lol: , I think that you have enough Tomcats fans to take care of that and they do an excellent job by the way. I know that when his son was a player at Raceland that he and his wife did more than their fair share of work at Ram Stadium! :thumb: Besides tomcatsalute, I think that a Ram was in your endzone at Putnam around 3 times friday night.

  • Replies 261
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I felt comfortable making my point of view on the firetruck issue. I was at Nicholas Co.' date=' (Downtown Carlisle) when Raceland was 1-8 in 2000, supporting my Ramblers with only a few hardy comrades. :thumb:[/quote']

I too was there. and support them no matter what the record. The fire truck issue is not a big deal, at least we know the sirens work!! If the kids enjoy it then I am ok with it.

Something that the Ramblers should look at is that it may be a Baseball school year in year out. They compete with the big boys (without fire truck escorts) go about their business and are at the top of the region almost every year. The basketball team has been very competitive over the last 10 years. I believe that they won a district and their was no fire truck escort. I am glad that the fire departments of the two communities supported the kids and gave their appreciation. I am just an outsider looking in, but Raceland has allot of goods things going on and need to look at the big picture. Like TBF said, the focus needs to be on the BIG WINS, Fairview, LCA, Bath, Paris. Those teams allow you to reach your goal.

 

I hope the Raceland wins them all. Vanderhoof is a great guy and great coach. I know some the kids and their great hard working individuals. Keep the game in perspective.

Raceland coaches & players do look at the big picture & go about it in a business like manner. As for doing it year in & year out the football team had a stretch of 13 straight years making the playoffs and have only missed the playoffs 5 times since 1979 so I would say they have been focused.

Maybe if the basketball coaches made a phone call to the local FD they may have escorts also. If the kids enjoy the escort and the FD is willing to provide it why is it such a problem for some? Raceland athletics are special but the fact is it is a football town. It always has been and always will be.

Where are you all when the field needs painted ( which I have helped almost every week for the past 4 years and my father the other 3) or the senior flags put up, the cat heads put in the corner of the endzone. Also the last fire truck I followed was the one in 1990 and I was 9. I just dont think that our the tomcat fans can stand the truth ( which is that our football team isnt really good right now) and you all hope to much. I will be at the field to paint this week will you all???

Tomcatsalute, I think you are a little confused by my user name. While I am a Tomcat fan, (when they are not playing Raceland,) I bleed ORANGE!! The cat at the end of my name represents my sons college team and my support of UK. You are to be commended for your work at Putnam stadium but no matter what the truth is about your Tomcats, being negative is not the solution. The kids deserve more from their fans than that. I can guarantee you that not many coaches feel that their program is at the top of their game this early in the season so I would not be so quick to judge.Negative thoughts bring negative results!!

Ashland seems to always find room for excuses in every sport when they fail. I'm a big basketball fan and they blame there losses on poor officials there, so that makes sense for them to make excuses in football also. No hard feelings to Ashland, they just need to learn to accept losses and put it behind them.

 

 

There are some great Ashland fans out there. I don't think it's fair to generalize all T-cat fans just on the actions of a few. Every program has immature fans.

There are some great Ashland fans out there. I don't think it's fair to generalize all T-cat fans just on the actions of a few. Every program has immature fans.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Where are you all when the field needs painted ( which I have helped almost every week for the past 4 years and my father the other 3) or the senior flags put up, the cat heads put in the corner of the endzone. Also the last fire truck I followed was the one in 1990 and I was 9. I just dont think that our the tomcat fans can stand the truth ( which is that our football team isnt really good right now) and you all hope to much. I will be at the field to paint this week will you all???

 

Im there every week painting, cutting grass, and pulling weeds out of concrete. I dont know what you are talking about.....

One more parade comment - it's a Raceland tradition. We have had parades for cheerleaders returning from camp, JFL wins, Academic meets, Vacation Bible School graduations, and KUNA elections. Aunt Bea would appreciate our small town celebrations for the kids in whom the community takes much pride. In the mid-90's I recall parades for nearly every on-the-road victory. Lots of fun & lots of community spirit!

One more parade comment - it's a Raceland tradition. We have had parades for cheerleaders returning from camp, JFL wins, Academic meets, Vacation Bible School graduations, and KUNA elections. Aunt Bea would appreciate our small town celebrations for the kids in whom the community takes much pride. In the mid-90's I recall parades for nearly every on-the-road victory. Lots of fun & lots of community spirit!

 

Wow. Thats incredible. With gas prices these days all those parades must get expensive! :lol:

Im there every week painting, cutting grass, and pulling weeds out of concrete. I dont know what you are talking about.....

I have to admit the Putnam Field is the best looking field of any in the Region, now I know who to thank:thumb:

Not when the parade route is a quarter of a mile...small town USA *grin*

I have to admit the Putnam Field is the best looking field of any in the Region, now I know who to thank:thumb:

 

Im not the only one who does that stuff, but I appreciate the kind words! :thumb:

Not when the parade route is a quarter of a mile...small town USA *grin*

 

Well I never thought about that! :lol:

Raceland's defense came out amd played hard nosed smash mouth football. They have some hard hitting LB's.

They do have some hard hitting LB's put lets not forget the linemen.

Once a Ram always a Ram TBF. I understand your point but I guarantee the coaching staff is focused on Rowan Co. as they will be in the film room most of today. The kids were told to enjoy the W for the weekend and come in Monday ready to get after it again. They have one goal and it is as you stated ,to win a State Title. The kids look forward to the escort home and it does keep the community involved in the program. There are several grandparents of the Ram players that are unable to attend a football game but can make it to their front porch to hear the post game celebration so it allows everyone to be a part of something special. To me that is what makes Raceland what it is.

This is so true. It was a special evening for everyone. Those that could come and those that could not. I think it was done with taste. They waited until the bus was at fitness world and then took them in. They didnt run all over Raceland and Worthington. Just a nice congradulations straight to the fieldhouse. To TBF, he could never lose any of his friends. He is an prime example of great character in Raceland.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.