Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 21 Ashland 16

Featured Replies

Cubster,

They can not have him back!!

  • Replies 261
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cubster,

They can not have him back!!

And I really do not think he wants to go back.

Could be possible since NCC lost to Belfry from the so-called "weak" 2A class that Russell plays in.;)

 

That is actually a good point, takes some sting out of 2A is weaker at the top than 1A argument. It was at Belfry though, lets go with the officiating defense!!!

We arent a very good football team. We only play about 15-16 guys with 40 on the sidelines just watching. The coaches say we have alot of depth which is true but we dont use it. Ashland will start 0-3 and probably will only win 3-4 games.

Ashland seems to always find room for excuses in every sport when they fail. I'm a big basketball fan and they blame there losses on poor officials there, so that makes sense for them to make excuses in football also. No hard feelings to Ashland, they just need to learn to accept losses and put it behind them.

We arent a very good football team. We only play about 15-16 guys with 40 on the sidelines just watching. The coaches say we have alot of depth which is true but we dont use it. Ashland will start 0-3 and probably will only win 3-4 games.

 

:irked: That is the type of attitude we DO NOT need. :irked:

  • Author
Ashland seems to always find room for excuses in every sport when they fail. I'm a big basketball fan and they blame there losses on poor officials there, so that makes sense for them to make excuses in football also. No hard feelings to Ashland, they just need to learn to accept losses and put it behind them.

 

Could you possibly try to make a more sweeping generalization about Ashland fans?

 

 

Frances

:irked: That is the type of attitude we DO NOT need. :irked:

Exactly true GIAT!! Those are the same fans that want to follow the fire truck escort after a victory:lol: but are nowhere to found in time of need.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: "Pot, meet the Kettle" - LOL, enough of this though, I may catch ya down the line in another thread sometime.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

OK Pot

Ashland seems to always find room for excuses in every sport when they fail. I'm a big basketball fan and they blame there losses on poor officials there, so that makes sense for them to make excuses in football also. No hard feelings to Ashland, they just need to learn to accept losses and put it behind them.

Dawg not all Ashland fans are like that, infact most on here have not given those excuses. I think that comes from that one of the most vocal ones amoung them happens to have a microphone in front of his pie hole :sssh: on game night.:D ALL schools have those type of fans that want to place the blame on anything,anyone and anywhere other than where it should be. They would rather say anything other than the truth which probably was they just got outplayed and were beaten. To just "excuse" it away imo sends a bad message to the kids and that they are telling them that it doesn't matter bc it is always someones else's fault that you got beat.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

OK Pot

:thumb: Gotcha Kettle.:D :laugh:

You are right cville, some of those years that I was thinking were before the expanded playoffs where more teams qualified and there was no per say semi final. Thank you for brining that up.:thumb: "I thought that I was wrong once but I was mistaken".:confused: :confused: :eek: :lol: :lol:

 

Something that the Ramblers should look at is that it may be a Baseball school year in year out. They compete with the big boys (without fire truck escorts) go about their business and are at the top of the region almost every year. The basketball team has been very competitive over the last 10 years. I believe that they won a district and their was no fire truck escort. I am glad that the fire departments of the two communities supported the kids and gave their appreciation. I am just an outsider looking in, but Raceland has allot of goods things going on and need to look at the big picture. Like TBF said, the focus needs to be on the BIG WINS, Fairview, LCA, Bath, Paris. Those teams allow you to reach your goal.

 

I hope the Raceland wins them all. Vanderhoof is a great guy and great coach. I know some the kids and their great hard working individuals. Keep the game in perspective.

Exactly true GIAT!! Those are the same fans that want to follow the fire truck escort after a victory:lol: but are nowhere to found in time of need.

 

 

That's why I felt comfortable making my point of view on the firetruck issue. I was at Nicholas Co., (Downtown Carlisle) when Raceland was 1-8 in 2000, supporting my Ramblers with only a few hardy comrades. :thumb:

Exactly true GIAT!! Those are the same fans that want to follow the fire truck escort after a victory:lol: but are nowhere to found in time of need.

Where are you all when the field needs painted ( which I have helped almost every week for the past 4 years and my father the other 3) or the senior flags put up, the cat heads put in the corner of the endzone. Also the last fire truck I followed was the one in 1990 and I was 9. I just dont think that our the tomcat fans can stand the truth ( which is that our football team isnt really good right now) and you all hope to much. I will be at the field to paint this week will you all???

Something that the Ramblers should look at is that it may be a Baseball school year in year out. They compete with the big boys (without fire truck escorts) go about their business and are at the top of the region almost every year. The basketball team has been very competitive over the last 10 years. I believe that they won a district and their was no fire truck escort. I am glad that the fire departments of the two communities supported the kids and gave their appreciation. I am just an outsider looking in, but Raceland has allot of goods things going on and need to look at the big picture. Like TBF said, the focus needs to be on the BIG WINS, Fairview, LCA, Bath, Paris. Those teams allow you to reach your goal.

 

I hope the Raceland wins them all. Vanderhoof is a great guy and great coach. I know some the kids and their great hard working individuals. Keep the game in perspective.

bball I support ALL Raceland teams in ALL sports, boys and girls. You are correct in that the baseball team is a contender year in and year out usually. I think that the main problem there is that when tourney time rolls around in baseball that school is usually out. Word does not get around and lets face it, the paper does not cover baseball as well. I just don't see the big deal about the now infamous fire truck thing. The fire dept.'s of the two communities and members of these communities wanted to do it to show appreciation to the kids and coaches. I feel certain that the school itself did not organize this. GO RAMBLERS....................in ALL sports:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.