Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 21 Ashland 16

Featured Replies

I heard a lot about the Greenup County transfer on the radio last night, didnt Ashland also get a Greenup Transfer and some Ironton Kids? I didnt hear them mentioned on the radio so I'm just wondering if my info is accurate?

 

 

Yes, Ashland's backup QB transferred from Greenup Co. two years ago.

  • Replies 261
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashland was supposed to have gotten a transfer from Russell and one or two from Ironton i think.

 

1 from Ironton, 0 from Russell.

Great night for Rams. A guarantee check and icing on the cake: a win.

I thought Thomas ran as hard as I have seen him run in his career. He could have a big year. Rams played tough D and got the big plays they needed.

Good crowd to get the season started.

Good post cvillecat :thumb:

Thanks jericho51. It was a great game to watch no matter who was your favorite. Ashland will be more hungry than ever and I would not want to be their next opponent. Fields is as hard nosed as I have ever seen play.

Raceland's defense came out amd played hard nosed smash mouth football. They have some hard hitting LB's.

Good observation statmaster. The Raceland LB's are very physical and get to the ball well. We have to do a better job of initial contact though, we missed a lot of tackles at or behind the line of scrimmage.

:thumb: :thumb: Excellent point GCT, Raceland has played these bigger, better competetion schools early and whenever they can. IMO it certainly helps come District time. Also, I am not so sure that Ashland will be 0-3 in two weeks.:sssh:

 

You need to give Belfry more credit than that...The Pirates just knocked off the favorite to win the 1A championship...

Congratulations to the Rams on a nice win to open the season...:thumb: You did what you had to do to get out of there with a win...Don't get too high off of this game...You have a lot more important games down the road and this was not a "vintage" Ashland team you beat by any stretch of the imagination...With the talented coaching staff you have, I know you'll be able to keep it in perspective...Bigger fish to fry!!! (as they say)

 

Good luck the rest of the season and just remember, there were A LOT of Russell fans there last night pulling for you guys!!...

They were having a dance at the Tennis Courts tonight, scheduled before the win.

 

I'm a huge Rambler fan and I understand the excitement with the victory, but I think the fire truck lead back to the school is a bit much for a regular season win that truthfully means little other than some bragging rights. It is not as important as a win over Bath Co. and we dont lead the team back with sirens blaring when we return from Owingsville.

 

I'm proud of the players and coaches. Congratulations on a nice win. But the district games and playoffs are the real prizes. Lets take pride in a regular season win, but don't lose our minds. We've beaten Ashland before. Hopefully it is a building block to success in the post-season. A good first step forward.

 

 

Go Ramblers....

 

Very good post!!!

 

BTW GREAT FREAKING WIN FOR THE RAMS!!! AWESOME!!!!:dancingpa :banana:

If Ashland continues to play like they did last night they could be 0-3 real quick.

I would strongly agree with this as well. Ashland's skill positions played well last night especially the secondary and backs. The line was outplayed on both sides true but thats not why they lost. Missed assingments on special teams, having the ball inside the Raceland 25 3 times and coming away with no points, penalties, turnovers, and and the injury of one of our captains on the 3rd play from scrimmage cost Ashland in this game without a doubt. I dont think there's any question Ashland has more talent. The good thing is its week 1 and this game means nothing towards the playoffs and hopefully the cats will wake up and start cutting out the silly mistakes. Good luck to a good Raceland team this year!

 

I bet you a "momram" would probably disagree with you!!!:thumb: Here's to EWE though!!! HA!!!

I hate like heck to disagree, momcat, but the truth is that the better team won last night. Would they win a rematch, if we played them again in 4 weeks? Who knows? But the reality is, they were the better team on the night that the game was scheduled. On the post game radio show, Coach Hart mentioned (on more than one occasion) that the coaching staff did not have our Tomcats ready to play this game. It's tough for him to have to admit that, but I take my hat off to him for it. Are the Raceland kids better than ours? Not at all. But as a team, they were definitely better than we were when it counted.

 

The talent and preparation of the Raceland team last night was better than the talent and preparation of the Ashland team. The difference may well have been more along the lines of preparation, but without question, talent had an impact on the outcome of that game as well.

 

Make no mistake - I'd still take our Ashland kids anytime. I'm sure that Oldrambler, Incognito, Cville, and the rest of the Ram faithful feel the same way about their kids.

 

 

Frances

Thank you frances, I agree on the points that you made. The Raceland team was focused and confident last night. I along with most others tabbed Ashland as a favorite, imo you almost have to in a matchup like this. Ashland as a favorite was NEVER in the minds of the Raceland players from their playoff loss last year up through last night. From what all I gather from talking to these kids and the coaches they went into Putnam last night not "thinking" they would win but "knowing" they woud win. I just hope that this group can stay focused throughout the season like they were last night. I still think that Ashland can and will have a very good season. Their program is top notch and takes a back seat to no one. I want to thank all the Ashland fans that has given Raceland credit and compliments on the way our kids played. That shows class and respect, the same kind of respect that we have for the Tomcats. As for the ones that want ot blame it on anything other than they just got outplayed I believe that is youth talking or far too bias to look at it honestly. This does not imo mean they are bad fans at all, ALL schools / teams have these fans.

You need to give Belfry more credit than that...The Pirates just knocked off the favorite to win the 1A championship...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :sssh: :sssh: :sssh: I am giving Belfry credit.

I bet you a "momram" would probably disagree with you!!!:thumb: Here's to EWE though!!! HA!!!

How long did it take EWE to come up with that? That was a classic.:lol:

Dont you know that would mean he would have to swollow his pride? The loss alone was hard enough on him.

I think that GIAT is basically a good guy. I have to admire his dedication and pride in his Tomcats although I think that allegiance clouds reality at times.:sssh: Maybe he attended the Dickie Martin School of Philosophy??:lol: :lol: - Just kidding GIAT.

I think that GIAT is basically a good guy. I have to admire his dedication and pride in his Tomcats although I think that allegiance clouds reality at times.:sssh: Maybe he attended the Dickie Martin School of Philosophy??:lol: :lol: - Just kidding GIAT.

 

I'm more than basically a good guy. :sssh: You can bet that no matter what happens with my Tomcats either good or bad I will be there everynight. Doesnt it go something like " For richer or poorer, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, tell death do us part into the Putnam Stadium in the sky?" Well thats how I fell about my Tomcats! And yes I will agree that my reality is filled with big beautiful maroon clouds. ;) I also have attended the DM School of Philosophy, I consider Dicky to be a father figure in my life, and Im not joking.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.