Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 21 Ashland 16

Featured Replies

I prefer Ugly Step-Sister!!!!!:ylsuper: Yeah, I know, there they ones that got invited to the ball!!!

Just playing off the "family" atmosphere on here now WVA Boy.:thumb:

  • Replies 261
  • Views 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the fire truck issue. And before I get blasted from all my orange-blooded friends, if they still are my friends following this post, my allegiance and love for this school and football program should never be in question.

 

I certainly dont diminish last nights win, no more than to diminish Derrick Beach's punt return or Scott Grizzle's TD plunge. I celebrated at that moment and cheered and focused on the next series. If I see JT Forest next week I'll tell him how proud I am of him and the team and the good win, but strive to be better, reach for that trophy at Papa Johns. When we beat Ashland under Bill Tom Ross it was GREAT. But we have done it 5 times now. And we need to focus on what I think most of us truly want, a State Title. But we have yet to win a regional title. In 1999 I believe the fire trucks met us after defeating Ashland and we followed the next 2 weeks with losses to Paintsville and Greenup Co. AND a first round loss in the playoffs. That BIG victory over Ashland was long forgotten come November.

 

I just feel we need to keep some perspective. Congratulate those young men, needle your Tomcat friends and family, and focus on the next week. Don't embrace success so quickly. And I think many times these celebrations divert from the task at hand and that is winning a district, regional, and state title.

Once a Ram always a Ram TBF. I understand your point but I guarantee the coaching staff is focused on Rowan Co. as they will be in the film room most of today. The kids were told to enjoy the W for the weekend and come in Monday ready to get after it again. They have one goal and it is as you stated ,to win a State Title. The kids look forward to the escort home and it does keep the community involved in the program. There are several grandparents of the Ram players that are unable to attend a football game but can make it to their front porch to hear the post game celebration so it allows everyone to be a part of something special. To me that is what makes Raceland what it is.

I prefer Ugly Step-Sister!!!!!:ylsuper:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumb:

Once a Ram always a Ram TBF. I understand your point but I guarantee the coaching staff is focused on Rowan Co. as they will be in the film room most of today. The kids were told to enjoy the W for the weekend and come in Monday ready to get after it again. They have one goal and it is as you stated ,to win a State Title. The kids look forward to the escort home and it does keep the community involved in the program. There are several grandparents of the Ram players that are unable to attend a football game but can make it to their front porch to hear the post game celebration so it allows everyone to be a part of something special. To me that is what makes Raceland what it is.

Could be possible since NCC lost to Belfry from the so-called "weak" 2A class that Russell plays in.;)

Yes, Ashland's backup QB transferred from Greenup Co. two years ago.

my point was , that I get a negative slant when the opponents team has a transfer, but I dont ever hear about Ashland's transfers from the radio guys, is this just me or is there two sets of standards? Give credit to Giat, he doesnt have any problem talking about or welcoming Ashland transfers, but I just dont get the same slant from the radio booth? Listening to the Radio, I get the unspoken impression that Raceland went out and got this illegal transfer and that is why they were able to beat us? Am I just reading between the lines too hard?

Maybe its just me, but does anyone else get that feeling?

my point was , that I get a negative slant when the opponents team has a transfer, but I dont ever hear about Ashland's transfers from the radio guys, is this just me or is there two sets of standards? Give credit to Giat, he doesnt have any problem talking about or welcoming Ashland transfers, but I just dont get the same slant from the radio booth? Listening to the Radio, I get the unspoken impression that Raceland went out and got this illegal transfer and that is why they were able to beat us? Am I just reading between the lines too hard?

Maybe its just me, but does anyone else get that feeling?

The transfer did play a major role in the win.

Yet he was out as the Rams held onto the victory.

Good win for Ramblers any way you slice it. Good guys on that coaching staff deserved the victory.

You think GC might like to have a certain coach back?

Nice win, but I also think the fire trucks shouldn't be used until Raceland does something in the playoffs. According to the football preveiw, the Rams only have 4 playoff wins all time.

You are right on th poor record in the plaoffs SM, but one thing that you may not be aware of is that through the years Raceland Football has won I believe 17 district titles, have been in 11 region semi-finals, 9 region finals. No Raceland team with the exception of track has state title. I try and post positive on all Raceland sports and with the football's sucsess through the years imo it is the main source of pride in RamLand. I am not trying to belittle other sports, I enjoy, have pride in and support them all at Raceland. We all want a title in all sports, that is natural but I wouldn't single out the football program by saying "untill they do something in the playoffs". Imo they have through the years went further more times than the other sports have. JMO.

my point was , that I get a negative slant when the opponents team has a transfer, but I dont ever hear about Ashland's transfers from the radio guys, is this just me or is there two sets of standards? Give credit to Giat, he doesnt have any problem talking about or welcoming Ashland transfers, but I just dont get the same slant from the radio booth? Listening to the Radio, I get the unspoken impression that Raceland went out and got this illegal transfer and that is why they were able to beat us? Am I just reading between the lines too hard?

Maybe its just me, but does anyone else get that feeling?

:thumb: :thumb: Yep, D. Martin made it a point to imply that imo. With him it it always due to something or someone else that causes Ashland's losses.:sssh: :D Martin is the best play by play radio man in the area and I don't mind his strong allegiance to Ashland, heck he is their stations announcer - he should be. He does imo go out of his way to always blame it away and make excuses though.

I can guarantee the P-burg fans loved seeing this score!

Go Rams!

You are right on th poor record in the plaoffs SM, but one thing that you may not be aware of is that through the years Raceland Football has won I believe 17 district titles, have been in 11 region semi-finals, 9 region finals. No Raceland team with the exception of track has state title. I try and post positive on all Raceland sports and with the football's sucsess through the years imo it is the main source of pride in RamLand. I am not trying to belittle other sports, I enjoy, have pride in and support them all at Raceland. We all want a title in all sports, that is natural but I wouldn't single out the football program by saying "untill they do something in the playoffs". Imo they have through the years went further more times than the other sports have. JMO.

You are correct oldrambler but I think we have made the semi's 3 times. The track team is the only sport with a StateTitle & the Ram Pride band has won several Titles through the years. Years ago it was harder to make the playoffs due to the fact that only the dist. winner advanced so that makes those appearances even more of an accomplishment.

I can guarantee the P-burg fans loved seeing this score!

Go Rams!

If things go as are being discussed we may be in the same district in 2007.

We scrimmaged P-burg in the 70's and you guys were always a very physical footbal team. I made a few friendships through those scrimmages.

You are correct oldrambler but I think we have made the semi's 3 times. The track team is the only sport with a StateTitle & the Ram Pride band has won several Titles through the years. Years ago it was harder to make the playoffs due to the fact that only the dist. winner advanced so that makes those appearances even more of an accomplishment.

You are right cville, some of those years that I was thinking were before the expanded playoffs where more teams qualified and there was no per say semi final. Thank you for brining that up.:thumb: "I thought that I was wrong once but I was mistaken".:confused: :confused: :eek: :lol: :lol:

Dickie is Dickie, everything is great when the mighty Tomcats are winning. Congrats to the Raceland players, coaches, and community for a great win. I thought the Raceland players looked to be in better condition than the Tomcats. The Raceland staff really had the prepared and ready to play. Good luck to the Tomcats the rest of theseason and my best wishes go out to the Bonner kid.

You are right cville, some of those years that I was thinking were before the expanded playoffs where more teams qualified and there was no per say semi final. Thank you for brining that up.:thumb: "I thought that I was wrong once but I was mistaken".:confused: :confused: :eek: :lol: :lol:

:thumb:

Dickie is Dickie, everything is great when the mighty Tomcats are winning. Congrats to the Raceland players, coaches, and community for a great win. I thought the Raceland players looked to be in better condition than the Tomcats. The Raceland staff really had the prepared and ready to play. Good luck to the Tomcats the rest of theseason and my best wishes go out to the Bonner kid.

Thanks for the compliments about Raceland!! If anyone has an update I would appreciate any info on Luke Bonner. It is a tough break for a Senior who has worked as hard as Bonner to end a high school career with an injury. I hope all is well and he comes back. Great kid with a great work ethic.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.