May 14, 201610 yr Wife has an uncle who got out of prison after serving 15 years for rsping his daughter repeatedly for 10 years. Said he didn't do it. So its ok if he babysits your daughters right. How about if he just wants to use the womens bathroom, no harm there right. This really has nothing to do with transgenders but all about the reason there are seperate bathrooms now and it needs to stay that way. People with malicious intent will ise any means to get to vunerable victims. Why help them do so? Come on. Of course I wouldn't let that person babysit my kids. Where have I ever said I would or defended that sort of behavior? Letting a transgender person into a bathroom isn't helping someone reach a vulnerable victim. If you're all about protecting the kids, lets not let them be altar boys since a few priests have been sex offenders, or let our kids go to football camps where guys like Sandusky can get a hold of them. Let's shut down the Boy Scouts too...kids have gotten abused there as well. Those are all real situations, events that have occurred. The crazy bathroom scenarios don't happen, despite the fact that there aren't any laws preventing them from happening right now. And through the many pages of discussion, no one has addressed why we aren't worried about our young boys using a urinal next to a potential sex offender, which can happen right now, whether you pass bathroom laws or not. If you're worried about kids getting abused, you need to worry much more about the people you know and trust than the cross dressers or folks that will claim to be transgenders to get into busy public restrooms.
May 14, 201610 yr You have no idea, and I don't appreciate your characterization of me. I hope you can realize though that it is entirely possible to disagree about something without making things up. This entire issue reminds me of the fear mongering urban legends we have about people giving out drugs to trick or treaters or hiding AIDS infected needles. Sure it's possible, but since we don't have literally any evidence at all, I'll lean on the side of it not being a problem. Since I'm not of the opinion that we need to fix a problem that doesn't exist, you know what does concern me, the suicide rates of individuals trying to make it through their lives. I'd rather support a position that makes them feel a little more comfortable. You know what the ironic thing is? We haven't heard any uproar about women transitioning and using men's rooms with little boys where there are, you know, actual urinals. In women's restrooms, as far as I know there are only stalls. Heaven forbid a girl wash hands next to a transgender woman. It's not about transgenders. It's about the unnecessary loophole being created. They are the door to a much bigger problem. I don't care what adults do to themselves or other consenting adults. I do care when you have to explain to a child why a guy with a beard in a dress is in the bathroom with them. There are not even enough transgenders in the world for this to even be an issue. On the other hand look up your local sex offender registry since there are no bad guys. Be comforted that you're giving them the right to be in the bathroom with people they have no business being in there with. All they have to say is I identify as a female. It will happen and you can remember I told you so. How will you feel about the victim, will it be worth it.
May 14, 201610 yr Come on. Of course I wouldn't let that person babysit my kids. Where have I ever said I would or defended that sort of behavior? Letting a transgender person into a bathroom isn't helping someone reach a vulnerable victim. If you're all about protecting the kids, lets not let them be altar boys since a few priests have been sex offenders, or let our kids go to football camps where guys like Sandusky can get a hold of them. Let's shut down the Boy Scouts too...kids have gotten abused there as well. Those are all real situations, events that have occurred. The crazy bathroom scenarios don't happen, despite the fact that there aren't any laws preventing them from happening right now. And through the many pages of discussion, no one has addressed why we aren't worried about our young boys using a urinal next to a potential sex offender, which can happen right now, whether you pass bathroom laws or not. If you're worried about kids getting abused, you need to worry much more about the people you know and trust than the cross dressers or folks that will claim to be transgenders to get into busy public restrooms. I trust no-one with my kids, no-one.
May 14, 201610 yr It's not about transgenders. They are the door to a much bigger problem. I don't care what adults do to themselves or other consenting adults. I do care when you have to explain to a child why a guy with a beard in a dress is in the bathroom with them. There are not even enough transgenders in the world for this to even be an issue. On the other hand look up your local sex offender registry since there are no bad guys. Be comforted that you're giving them the right to be in the bathroom with people they have no business being in there with. All they have to say is I identify as a female. It will happen and you can remember I told you so. How will you feel about the victim, will it be worth it. But it is ok for them to use the men's room with young boys, where they completely blend in and have every right to be in. Maybe we need to put a sign up and have a separate sex offender bathroom.
May 14, 201610 yr Come on. Of course I wouldn't let that person babysit my kids. Where have I ever said I would or defended that sort of behavior? Letting a transgender person into a bathroom isn't helping someone reach a vulnerable victim. If you're all about protecting the kids, lets not let them be altar boys since a few priests have been sex offenders, or let our kids go to football camps where guys like Sandusky can get a hold of them. Let's shut down the Boy Scouts too...kids have gotten abused there as well. Those are all real situations, events that have occurred. The crazy bathroom scenarios don't happen, despite the fact that there aren't any laws preventing them from happening right now. And through the many pages of discussion, no one has addressed why we aren't worried about our young boys using a urinal next to a potential sex offender, which can happen right now, whether you pass bathroom laws or not. If you're worried about kids getting abused, you need to worry much more about the people you know and trust than the cross dressers or folks that will claim to be transgenders to get into busy public restrooms. I trust no-one with my kids, no-one.
May 14, 201610 yr I trust no-one with my kids, no-one. Then no bathroom, school, locker room, friends house, public park is safe. Laws or no laws. But busy, public ladies rooms (again, men's rooms are just fine for boys....predators never abuse boys) are where you draw the line. I get it. I'm very protective of my kids and will defend them to my death. But the cross dressing bathroom boogey man is very, very low on my list of worries.
May 14, 201610 yr But it is ok for them to use the men's room with young boys, where they completely blend in and have every right to be in. Maybe we need to put a sign up and have a separate sex offender bathroom. Good idea. I'm in the mens room with my younger boy. So if they value their life and limbs I wouldn't reccomend trying. My 18yr old 230 lbs and 15 yr old 179 pounder can handle most men in that situation. I've got little mans back. I can't go into the bathroom with my 16yr old daughter. Since I can't I can guarantee noboby else will either.
May 14, 201610 yr Then no bathroom, school, locker room, friends house, public park is safe. Laws or no laws. But busy, public ladies rooms (again, men's rooms are just fine for boys....predators never abuse boys) are where you draw the line. I get it. I'm very protective of my kids and will defend them to my death. But the cross dressing bathroom boogey man is very, very low on my list of worries. Not about the trans or crossdressers. It's pandoras box and im sorry if you cant see it going in a direction YOU didn't expect it too.
May 14, 201610 yr Let's read and understand the directive before we make assumptions. Boys will not just be allowed to go into the girls bathrooms and locker rooms (and vice versa) under this new direction. The first requirement is that parents must submit a a gender identity for the student that “differs from previous representations or records in order for a student to be able to use a different restroom than what is listed on the students records. Without this, no student will just be allowed to enter the "wrong" restroom and claim it's their "right". So unless the parents of these "pervy teenage boys" are on board with them using the girls restroom, and submit the proper paperwork, any boy who does so, is subject to discipline, just like they would be in the past. Second, schools are permitted (and likely will) to provide alternative, more private options for those who want more privacy, such as separate facilities, privacy curtains, or allowing them to change in stalls. And many schools already have these policies in place, and have had them in place for some time, and have had no issues. Yeah because HS boys reading the headlines will look into the fine print as to the total legislation... Then you will get the enabling type parent who will back and justify little Johnny's behavior. As to the point about schools already having these policies in place...Exactly... Federal Government should stay out and let local schools handle this as needed... I am not outraged by the statement, I am outraged by the fact our president is forcing this down our throats and making a mountain out of a mole hill.
May 14, 201610 yr You have no idea, and I don't appreciate your characterization of me. I hope you can realize though that it is entirely possible to disagree about something without making things up. This entire issue reminds me of the fear mongering urban legends we have about people giving out drugs to trick or treaters or hiding AIDS infected needles. Sure it's possible, but since we don't have literally any evidence at all, I'll lean on the side of it not being a problem. Since I'm not of the opinion that we need to fix a problem that doesn't exist, you know what does concern me, the suicide rates of individuals trying to make it through their lives. I'd rather support a position that makes them feel a little more comfortable. You know what the ironic thing is? We haven't heard any uproar about women transitioning and using men's rooms with little boys where there are, you know, actual urinals. In women's restrooms, as far as I know there are only stalls. Heaven forbid a girl wash hands next to a transgender woman. Nail, meet hammer.
May 14, 201610 yr Nail, meet hammer. More like pervert meets opportunity. The lack of foresight into where this all goes bad amazes me. You can't always look through those rose colored glasses and be oblivious to all the outcomes. You have to consider the other side, the bad side may occur. I'm done, the liberal diseased mind cannot be cured and it's obvious that the soon to be victims are just collateral damage to an insane agenda. I just hope the victims are somebody you know, closer the better, and not somebody I do. Then you can reflect on the lack of common sense and a failure to open your mind to all the possibility's. Your tolerance is intolerant to the innocent victims . You have opened a loophole not for transgenders but for people with bad intentions. This has never been a gay issue, they are not the issue, the transgenders are not the issue, rapist,molesters, and pedophiles are. You should be proud of yourselves for being so accommodating to them. They are out there praying on people now, This is true, and you just gave them another tool. While the incident probably won't happen in a public bathroom. Taping, stalking, sexual excitement will, once a rapist mind goes there there is no stopping them. Somebody is getting raped. Society does not deserve leaders who are so short sighted.
May 14, 201610 yr Liberals rarely see the unintended results of their well intended laws , rules, and policies.
May 14, 201610 yr You have no idea, and I don't appreciate your characterization of me. I hope you can realize though that it is entirely possible to disagree about something without making things up. This entire issue reminds me of the fear mongering urban legends we have about people giving out drugs to trick or treaters or hiding AIDS infected needles. Sure it's possible, but since we don't have literally any evidence at all, I'll lean on the side of it not being a problem. Since I'm not of the opinion that we need to fix a problem that doesn't exist, you know what does concern me, the suicide rates of individuals trying to make it through their lives. I'd rather support a position that makes them feel a little more comfortable. You know what the ironic thing is? We haven't heard any uproar about women transitioning and using men's rooms with little boys where there are, you know, actual urinals. In women's restrooms, as far as I know there are only stalls. Heaven forbid a girl wash hands next to a transgender woman. I have heart and I feel for them and what they go through. I am not a proponent of hate. Just a question, do you really think they are committing suicide because of the bathroom issue? So if you want to help find another way. This won't help with the mental problem of being two people or societal pressure.
May 14, 201610 yr Serious question, If there is currently no problem, as some posters say, why did the POTUS need to come out and issue yet another Executive Order to address this situation? This is blatant Executive overreach. This is creating a problem where none exists according to those defending this action.
May 14, 201610 yr Serious question, If there is currently no problem, as some posters say, why did the POTUS need to come out and issue yet another Executive Order to address this situation? This is blatant Executive overreach. This is creating a problem where none exists according to those defending this action. I think the problem started when the push came to start forcing transgenders into specific bathrooms, and laws such as the one in North Carolina started to pop up. At that point, a directive became necessary to protect the rights of transgenders. In other words, had a law meant to restrict access not appeared, there wouldn't have been a need for an executive order.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.