Kyle Wiltjer to do autograph tour in Ky

jericho

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with him getting money...think about it. If you were a kid coming out of college and somebody would give you $$$ to sign your name, every one on here would be scratching something on a file card.....

I saw Jaren Lorenzen at St Therese a few years ago during their basketball tournament signing for $5 a pop...and he donated it back to St. Therese, awesome fundraiser....and yes, I paid my $5 and had him sign my UK hat. One of the many pieces in my collection

Did you really ever watch Wiltjer after he left UK or do you only remember how he looked in college at uk? He will have a very good career overseas if he chooses not to be in the nbdl.

Quite a bit. He was very good. He was also taken out on occasion down the stretches of some games because he can't defend a cardboard cutout of Bam Bam Bigelow. He can make it some international leagues, but I am not sure he can compete at the highest European level of hoops, which is higher brand than college.

That said, I am not a scout, so he will probably be a solid NBA player :lol2:

Quite a bit. He was very good. He was also taken out on occasion down the stretches of some games because he can't defend a cardboard cutout of Bam Bam Bigelow. He can make it some international leagues, but I am not sure he can compete at the highest European level of hoops, which is higher brand than college.

That said, I am not a scout, so he will probably be a solid NBA player :lol2:

I think you are spot on. It won't be in the highest level leagues, but he will find a spot somewhere over there.

He'll be in Harrodsburg tomorrow at Dr. Klosterman's office from 10-1. Dr. Klosterman hooked me up with Ortho-K so I am going to go check out KDub tomorrow in Harrodsburg. I can't wait to see how slow he is in person. :lol2:

Seriously though, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the whole show.

I'm listening to KW on KSR. Seems like such a good cat.

Has there ever been a kid who transferred out of UK that gets the love that he does?

Not that comes to mind immediately but I can think of a few who would have gotten love if they would have transferred out.

Roderick Rhodes got more love from UK fans after he left. #stillbitter #justsayin

Has there ever been a kid who transferred out of UK that gets the love that he does?

I can't think of anyone that left for another school that was still beloved by BBN.

Not that comes to mind immediately but I can think of a few who would have gotten love if they would have transferred out.

Roderick Rhodes got more love from UK fans after he left. #stillbitter #justsayin

Very true, however I also don't think there were any kids who transferred after just their second season and continued to show love for the school he left. He constantly still talked and tweeted things about big blue nation or things. So anyone who shows love to UK will usually get love back. If he left UK and never really said a word about UK and only focused on his new school then he wouldnt have gotten the attention he gets from UK fans still. If he didn't do that then most UK fans wouldn't keep giving him the love he gets still.

Chris Mills?

Much goes into transfers, but departures are usually because the kid can't cut it at the school, or in the case of Kyle, was replaced by studs. I think most were understanding of the situation. Plus he was always good about showering love back to the BBN on twitter and such.

Very true, however I also don't think there were any kids who transferred after just their second season and continued to show love for the school he left. He constantly still talked and tweeted things about big blue nation or things. So anyone who shows love to UK will usually get love back. If he left UK and never really said a word about UK and only focused on his new school then he wouldnt have gotten the attention he gets from UK fans still. If he didn't do that then most UK fans wouldn't keep giving him the love he gets still.

Kyle deserves love from UK fans. He represented the school well while there and after he left.

Kyle deserves love from UK fans. He represented the school well while there and after he left.

True, a lot of players transfer due to some type of problem. He never had a problem at UK and left on good terms. I still cheered for him at Gonzaga.