Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wisconsin 66 Xavier 63

Featured Replies

Watched it again. He was falling backwards before the contact. I just hate it for X. Maybe it's my pure hatred for Wisconsin as a UK fan.

 

Falling before contact doesn't negate the call. Hit him squarely in the torso. By rule , that's a foul.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eliminate the charge!!!!!!

 

Ironic that it was your boys that made the charge en vogue back in the 90s.

I feel bad for my dude, MTGL.

 

Same here. Only reason I root for Xavier.

I have many friends that went to Xavier. My girlfriend went to Xavier. I draw no joy from this loss. My enmity for Xavier died some time ago, though I do still joke with my friends.

 

I was pulling for the Musketeers last night; perhaps having a Daytonian among the ranks was precisely what was unhelpful.

At first look I thought defensive player was moving and no way it was a charge. At second look, he lowered his shoulder into him. Tough call.

No direct issue with Chris at all, just dont think he is that high level of a coach. This year is proving that because for once he has significant talent and it like X season is fading away quickly. They should be an elite 8 team minimum this year, but (as I said earlier in the year) they dont have an elite 8 coach to lead them there, and its going to show.

 

 

hmmm

Hield from Oklahoma better hope he gets the same officials that he had Sunday, or at least not the one from the UK game, he uses his off arm to create space very often. He didn't get called for it once that I saw.

 

Hield does get away with it a lot, I agree.

Well, my only two teams I care about are out. Tough weekend for X and UK .

 

I don't do brackets so I'll just watch with hopes of great games from here on out.

Well, my only two teams I care about are out. Tough weekend for X and UK .

 

I don't do brackets so I'll just watch with hopes of great games from here on out.

 

 

I'm pretty much in the same boat. My son asked me last week if we could go to the midnight showing of Batman vs. Superman this Thursday since he starts his Spring break Thursday after school. I told him it all depends on what time UK might play if they were to win. We don't have to worry about that now.

Glad I did not post last night or I would have likely been suspended. So upset and disappointed in this loss. I truly thought this team was going to make the big run and I was planning my trip to Houston.

Sumner will get better but he really hurt the team last night.

Is this the charge call you guys are talking about?

 

 

Watch @BigEastTourney's Vine "Unbelievable ending in the Wisconsin Xavier game tough way to end the season."

 

Looks like the correct call to me.

 

That's it. Thanks for posting. I disagree with you. That is the epitome of a fake charge for me. The defender is laying down before contact is ever made and then launches himself onto the floor as if the contact knocked him down. If Sumner makes zero contact, Koenig would have ended up exactly the same. All of his body action was his own doing.

 

Look at the feet of the two players. Both of Sumner's feet are a foot to the right of Koenigs feet. How is it possible for Koenig to have been in front of Sumner?

  • Author
That's it. Thanks for posting. I disagree with you. That is the epitome of a fake charge for me. The defender is laying down before contact is ever made and then launches himself onto the floor as if the contact knocked him down. If Sumner makes zero contact, Koenig would have ended up exactly the same. All of his body action was his own doing

 

Exactly, my 3 month old wouldn't have fallen that hard.

That's it. Thanks for posting. I disagree with you. That is the epitome of a fake charge for me. The defender is laying down before contact is ever made and then launches himself onto the floor as if the contact knocked him down. If Sumner makes zero contact, Koenig would have ended up exactly the same. All of his body action was his own doing.

 

Look at the feet of the two players. Both of Sumner's feet are a foot to the right of Koenigs feet. How is it possible for Koenig to have been in front of Sumner?

 

For what it's worth...it wasn't Koenig. It was #3 Zak Showalter.

Ironic that it was your boys that made the charge en vogue back in the 90s.

 

I've stated my disdain for charges for a while now. My boys benefit from it but I hate charges. I think they are crap.

In the NBA, the Wisconsin player gets a technical on that play. I want everyone who thinks that was a charge to look at the feet of the two players and where the contact happened between the two players and explain to me how that is a charge. And if that is a charge somehow under the rules, please change the rules.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.