March 13, 201610 yr Isn't the Louisville Regional already sold out? Ticket sales are little factor anyway given the mega contract that the NCAA has for television rights. It is even less of a factor concerning Kentucky since their fans buy tickets no matter where they go. I have no idea if it's already sold out or not. But if it is, I imagine UK fans bought those tickets expecting that UK will be playing there. Yes, UK fans will buy tickets wherever they are sent, but they will buy more if it's closer to home. A sold out arena is a sold out arena, but a 50% empty arena is bad for ticket sales and looks bad on tv. That said, what sense does it make to send UK far away from home?
March 13, 201610 yr Author Isn't the Louisville Regional already sold out? Ticket sales are little factor anyway given the mega contract that the NCAA has for television rights. It is even less of a factor concerning Kentucky since their fans buy tickets no matter where they go. The amount of business for the businesses in Louisville would also be higher if UK is there.
March 13, 201610 yr The amount of business for the businesses in Louisville would also be higher if UK is there. Not sure if that's necessarily true. UK fans will drive back to Lexington after each game. Out of staters will be in town the whole time.
March 13, 201610 yr Not sure if that's necessarily true. UK fans will drive back to Lexington after each game. Out of staters will be in town the whole time. UK fans come from all over the state and country. Normally an all day event. UK also normally brings fans in town who just want to party in the town they are playing and don't even go to the game.
March 13, 201610 yr 1 and 2 seed locks: KU, UNC, Mich St., Villanova, Oregon, UVA In the mix for 2 or 3 seed: Oklahoma, Xavier, Purdue, Miami, Xavier, Utah, WVU, IU, Maryland, A&M, Arizona, UK That's 18 off of the top of my head assuming no obvious omissions that are in the running for top 3 seeds. That means UK has to pass at least six of those teams to get to the three line. If they don't beat A&M, this is a moot point. It might be even with the conference tourney title. I think a win tomorrow will go a long way toward a 3 seed, but they are most likely a 4 seed. Edited March 13, 201610 yr by born2reign
March 13, 201610 yr Tomorrow means nothing, IMO. I think the field is very close to being set right now. I think Kentucky locked up a 3 seed with today's win.
March 13, 201610 yr Author UK fans come from all over the state and country. Normally an all day event. UK also normally brings fans in town who just want to party in the town they are playing and don't even go to the game. The last two times UK has played in Louisville for the tournament the tickets were to expensive for us. So we usually went down to 4th Street to watch on the big screen they have set up on the street! Great time!
March 13, 201610 yr Tomorrow means nothing, IMO. I think the field is very close to being set right now. I think Kentucky locked up a 3 seed with today's win. Well you were half right. Today meant nothing.
March 13, 201610 yr Well you were half right. Today meant nothing. I'm just dumbfounded. Such a hose job. Today really did mean nothing.
March 13, 201610 yr Cal just went off on ESPN, it was epic. Maybe, it's the time I spent @ UNLV, I love his us against the world mentality. Bring it on!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.