Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK 3 or 4 Seed?

Featured Replies

I believe UK has locked up at least a 4 seed and possibly a chance at a 3 seed still if they win the Sec tournament.

 

My question is which seed do you want them to get. They may have a shot to be in the Louisville region if they are a 4 seed since they may be the top 4 seed. While if a 3 seed they may be put out west.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the 3 seed takes them farther away I would take the 4 and play closer to home. Personally I think the committee will place UK as close to Kentucky as they can even if it changes their seed. For one reason and one reason only, ticket sales.

I'd take the 16 seed for UK to be in the Louisville region. If they are in that region and make it to the sweet 16, gonna be very tough to keep them out of the Final Four IMO.

I'd say a possible #3 if they win or if they lose close and a possible #5 if they lose bad. I think the committee will use the excuse if that happens will be their losses to Ohio State, UCLA, Auburn, and Tennessee, LSU, and possibly Vandy with none of the 5 for sure and maybe 6 teams not making the tourney. Could be if the Cats were to lose tomorrow that only 2 out of 8 losses would be to teams that make the tournament.

The three seed means that you don't to play the #1 seed until the final four. I take three.

The three seed means that you don't to play the #1 seed until the final four. I take three.

 

The thing is, there isn't a legit 1 seed this season. The tourney is wide open, I would be surprised is more than one, #1 seed makes it to the final four this year.

The three seed means that you don't to play the #1 seed until the final four. I take three.

 

You mean the Elite 8?

You mean the Elite 8?

 

Your good, How did you know what I meant???? Thanks Sir!!!!!

Everything I've read says what happens tomorrow doesn't matter and I think UK is sitting at a 3 seed now

Everything I've read says what happens tomorrow doesn't matter and I think UK is sitting at a 3 seed now

 

This

I've said no worse than 4-5 all along, even before they started hitting their stride.

 

3 seed.

If they somehow do end up as a 4, they would likely be the top No. 4 seed...which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

If the 3 seed takes them farther away I would take the 4 and play closer to home. Personally I think the committee will place UK as close to Kentucky as they can even if it changes their seed. For one reason and one reason only, ticket sales.

 

Isn't the Louisville Regional already sold out? Ticket sales are little factor anyway given the mega contract that the NCAA has for television rights. It is even less of a factor concerning Kentucky since their fans buy tickets no matter where they go.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.