Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity/Scott County Scrimmage

Featured Replies

I know this got beat around a little in another thread but could someone please give us a rundown here?

  • Replies 104
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this got beat around a little in another thread but could someone please give us a rundown here?

 

 

SC won the scrimmage between the varsity teams 16 to 15. In the JV game the TRINITY team ran away with it.

 

It will be a real interesting week for the boys!

 

Thank god it is a game of adjustments and Coach Beatty does that very well.

  • Author

Sounds like a great scrimmage for both teams.

 

My hat is off to Coach McKee of Scott County for scheduling both T and X in scrimmages. Coach, stay the course because you are gaining ground each year and when you finally win a big school title it will be very sweet because it means your team was better than X and T.

Sounds like a great scrimmage for both teams.

 

My hat is off to Coach McKee of Scott County for scheduling both T and X in scrimmages. Coach, stay the course because you are gaining ground each year and when you finally win a big school title it will be very sweet because it means your team was better than X and T.

 

 

Well said!

4 Ever, do you still think Trinity was slighted by not being ranked #1 in the state after this scrimmage? I wonder how high Scott County is in the national rankings. Hopefully this will be a wakeup for the players to stop reading their press clippings before the season starts. I know it killed St. X when they were nationally ranked and lost to Cov. Cath in the first game of the season a number of years back.

 

Yes, I know scrimmages don't mean everything, but this result should be a shock. Congrats to Scott County. They seem to be really building a quality program and Coach McKee is doing it the right way -- by playing the best, year in, year out.

Scott Co IS a quality program! They aren't going anywhere either with the growth there! It is going to be interesting to see how they do without the kid they lost. They are one of the top teams in the tier that is chasing X+T IMO.

4 Ever, do you still think Trinity was slighted by not being ranked #1 in the state after this scrimmage? I wonder how high Scott County is in the national rankings. Hopefully this will be a wakeup for the players to stop reading their press clippings before the season starts. I know it killed St. X when they were nationally ranked and lost to Cov. Cath in the first game of the season a number of years back.

 

Yes, I know scrimmages don't mean everything, but this result should be a shock. Congrats to Scott County. They seem to be really building a quality program and Coach McKee is doing it the right way -- by playing the best, year in, year out.

 

 

Yes I still do, don`t hang your hat on a scrimmage when you don`t see 1) all of the off. plays? 2) trying to get the right personnal alignment etc.

 

Apparently YOU don`t understand football!!!

Would someone who was at the scrimmage please explain how the scoring was figured? It was announced prior to the scrimmage that actual game rules would apply for the first three quarters and that the scoreboard would be set to zero at the end of each quarter. Also, I had to leave about halfway through the third quarter. This is what I thought I saw:

 

1st quarter - SC scores first and the extra point was good 7

1st quarter - SC sacks Nick for a safety 9

ROCKS score and make 2 point conversion 8

 

2nd quarter - SC scores 7 -0

 

Midway through 3rd quarter - SC scores 7-0

 

That's when I left. I thought it was 23-8 as I reported earlier. Thanks.

I was unable to be there, would someone give more details please as Shamrock69 aluded to. I know it is just a scrimmage but Scott Co.'s senior class has lost several close games to Trinity in the past and that is really a good accomplishment for them to beat them no matter if it is a scrimmage.

Yes I still do, don`t hang your hat on a scrimmage when you don`t see 1) all of the off. plays? 2) trying to get the right personnal alignment etc.

 

Apparently YOU don`t understand football!!!

 

I think the question now, as a result of this scrimmage, which should be asked is, "Why did BGP rank the pebbles so high at #2 in Preseason, when there is obviously a lot of development yet needed to qualify for this lofty position?" ....and I DO understand football! :lol: :p :lol:

Shamrock 69 is correct-the score was 23-8 when he left in the 3rd quarter. Trinity scored again and it was 23-15 at the end of the 3rd. Then in the 4th quarter the game switched from being a "regular game" the first 3 quarters to being a "controlled scrimmage", where each team would run either 5 or 10 plays at a time. If a team scored in that period, they would not kick an extra point or try for 2 points. And instead of the other team getting the ball after a score, sometimes the team that scored got the ball back at their 30 to keep running their set of plays. I know that happened with Trinity at least twice in the 4th. It was hard to follow the scoring during the 4th, but Trinity played much better in the 4th and outscored Scott County by 2 or 3 to 1, and that's why I posted earlier that if you combined the points for the entire game, Trinity would have won by around 7-10 points.

 

Another interesting thing was that this was a scrimmage for the officials as well. We had 9 officials for the game, and they worked in and out of the game all night. The white hat we had was a veteran referee, and he kept tight control of the game. But a couple of the other fellas came in at the referee position, and one fella in particular let a few things go on after the whistle that could've led to problems, although order was restored quickly. Then when the white hat came back in, the game tightened up again considerably.

 

Also, I don't recall seeing any injuries at all, which is great for a scrimmage.

Agree with the kudos to the Cards...That is why Scott County played in a state final a couple of years ago. They did a nice job preparing for the scrimmage and had some gadget plays that had the Rock dbs scratching their heads. Nice double hand off flea flicker to score a td before half! On the varsity end of things both teams scored 2 tds. Rocks got an easy 2pt conversion after one td. On the 2nd td they kicked for one (not trying to tie). SC got a safety on a juggled snap. Rocks passed on at least one easy fg to run more plays. SC looked like they had a scrimmage under their belt... Trinity didn't. Rock nation not ready to snatch #17 yet... but not going to forfeit their games either. Coaches B, B & C will find the rythm and the beat will go on.... la de da de dee, la de da de daa. {The score was never a 23-8 spread... largest point spread (during the first 3 quarters) was 16-8... and as I said T then scored but did not even try for two}. To answer another question, the running game was fair+. Tim is developing nicely, Nick still can juke with the best... no stats to throw at you but the second td drive (short one) was all running plays I think.

Would someone who was at the scrimmage please explain how the scoring was figured? It was announced prior to the scrimmage that actual game rules would apply for the first three quarters and that the scoreboard would be set to zero at the end of each quarter. Also, I had to leave about halfway through the third quarter. This is what I thought I saw:

 

1st quarter - SC scores first and the extra point was good 7

1st quarter - SC sacks Nick for a safety 9

ROCKS score and make 2 point conversion 8

 

2nd quarter - SC scores 7 -0

 

Midway through 3rd quarter - SC scores 7-0

 

That's when I left. I thought it was 23-8 as I reported earlier. Thanks.

 

I thought SC only scored 2 TDs with their varsity, one the long Boot run by their QB and the other the flea flicker pass. What was the other TD?

....and I DO understand football! :lol: :p :lol:

You're right, you do. But you allow your hatred for the Kentucky Football Powerhouse to dissuade the reality that you think you are posting.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.