Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Bracket

Featured Replies

Well, I see a lot of orange in that picture because Augusta played Robertson County in the second game that night. With the host school playing the 6pm game on the 3rd followed by Augusta vs. Scott at 7:30 there might be a bigger crowd than you think...

I think whole city of Augusta took up only half the Fieldhouse to get their first region win in... well.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think whole city of Augusta took up only half the Fieldhouse to get their first region win in... well.

 

In a long time, 1950 as a matter of fact. I hope that's right, I don't feel like getting up to check the book!! And our whole town may only fill up one side of the fieldhouse but it's the thought of it that makes it so fun and unique. Our school is and community are so small but yet here we ALL are slugging it out with the big schools. No matter what happens, it's an awesome time to be an Augusta Panther fan!!

From Northern Kentucky its 1 hour and 42 minutes, 111 miles one way to Montgomery Co. So yeah, somewhere in the region is close to two hours away, especially if a team is traveling by bus.

 

When you don't get off work till 4:30/5 how can you make it there for both games? Especially on a weeknight?

 

The Fieldhouse is the most central location for all teams. Whether teams traveling, or fans it's less of a hassle and more convent.

 

I think you missed the point. If you live in the region, you are within an hour of at least one of NKU or Montgomery Co. You found it too daunting of a task to make it to travel to the region the 1-2 times out of 20 years that it was an hour away from you, yet you think it is perfectly reasonable to expect folks to travel that one hour every year to Mason Co.

 

Those folks have the same issue with getting off work and traveling to the game that you mentioned.

Most these schools don't pack big crowds and Mason Co is old and outdated..... True fans will travel regardless how far. No different than Montgomery or Paris going to Mason. Stop crying and enjoy some good ball or stay at home.

 

Disagree.

I'd go every night for this years games if they were being played at the Fieldhouse, as I feel there is no lock to win in any of the games. Just not making the drive from NKY to Mount Sterling all 4 nights. You'll find me in Henry County or at NKU a night or 2 this year.

I think you missed the point. If you live in the region, you are within an hour of at least one of NKU or Montgomery Co. You found it too daunting of a task to make it to travel to the region the 1-2 times out of 20 years that it was an hour away from you, yet you think it is perfectly reasonable to expect folks to travel that one hour every year to Mason Co.

 

Those folks have the same issue with getting off work and traveling to the game that you mentioned.

 

I'm in NKY and in no way, shape or form do I think the 10th Region tournament should be played at NKU or anywhere up here.

 

The central location of the Fieldhouse shows $$$-wise (which is the most important thing) & travel-wise, that it is the best location for the tournament.

 

The 40th has their right to pick where it is held when it's their turn, however, it seems as their reasoning is "just because we can" instead of common sense.

In answer to Goldie's question about what will happen when GRC builds their new gym.

 

Since the decision on where to host the tournament rotates each year among districts, the 40th will still only have one chance every four years to host it at either GRC or MoCo. So the tournament will still go to the 40th every four years, but it will only be played at MoCo or GRC, each once every 8 years.

The best way to keep the tournament at the more spacious Fieldhouse every year would be for fans to go to Montgomery County in droves, forcing them to turn away hundreds at the gate because of at capacity. Someone told me this happened when the tournament was held at Clark County one time, forcing people to watch the game on TVs in a classroom. After that, it came back to Mason County.

I know last years format was changed due to weather. I really liked the all day Saturday format for first round. I wish they would of let the girls played Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Boys 1st round Saturday and semi and finals next Monday and Tuesday.

I've missed only two region games in 40 years. The 97 finals and last years finals. Hands down the Fieldhouse is the best for atmosphere and experience. The only downfall is their parking. But, it could be worse. MOCO has a beautiful facility. To me there are a few seats that have bad sight lines there. NKU is a first class facility. Just felt like the games were dead because place was half full and fans were away from the floor. Plus, I like it played in a high school gym.

I'll drive the 1:15 minutes each day and enjoy quality 10th region basketball. I will enjoy every minute. Just wish it was at the Firldhouse IMO.

Realistically, yes. The only high school venues.

Only high school venues would be mont co and mason. Where it should be is bbt arena. Mason tries to keep an iron grip on it with a number of excuses and I will say I don't blame them. Mason is old and big and has history but if that is what decisions are made from then uk should still be in alumni or memorial. Join the rest of the state and go to venues that the kids would love to say they played in. The various other regions play at wku, eku, bellarmin, Corbin collesiom, Frankfort collesiom and I'm sure a few others. See the trend? The kids love it!

Meanwhile mason completes their psychological warfare to make everyone believe that is the ONLY place. It's funny that I read mason fans complaining about the "ridiculous " drive they will have to make to Campbell county and the huge disadvantage they have.

The 10th coaches get what they deserve by allowing mason to control it each year. If it's my districts time then we are hosting. Plane and simple

 

Last point, mason has taken hosting this tournament for granit. I used to go every year but have chosen not to do so. I'm tired of seeing Mason's students sit in the middle of opposing fan bases or sitting directly behind the opposing teams benches. Should never ever be allowed if it is truly neutral. Mason continues to get away with these antics and the authorities always just put their palms to the air when you have a handful of students causing havoc. It gets old and I simply didn't enjoy that atmosphere and now stay home

By the way. Attendance is way down at mason so when I look at these other regions in the larger arenas the atmosphere is so much better and enjoyable and you don't have homers destroying the atmosphere Wku.... Awesome. Frankfort. Awesome. Bellarmine awesome. Bbt. Awesome. Haven't seen Corbin or eku though

Seems like Augusta always travels in a pack. The whole town might be there!

 

And so does Pendleton. Those 2 playing on the same night, plus MoCo will make for big crowd.

 

I've said it before...Montgomery county has an excellent facility. It's just that its a long drive to make 4 different nights.

The Fieldhouse is a great place for the regional tournament - best in the region for a host of reasons. Old, but classic, nostalgic, and historically old. I hate the drive to Montgomery County, and will likely miss the tourney this year. The drive is part of the reason. I would likely have gone to the semi's and finals at Mason as it is only 45 minutes from home. That said, I think Montgomery is a neat venue, and should be able to host the tournament if they wish. I would also love to see the 10th at the BB&T. It's not a high school gym, but I think playing here is great for the kids. And for me!!! I live close!!

Only high school venues would be mont co and mason. Where it should be is bbt arena. Mason tries to keep an iron grip on it with a number of excuses and I will say I don't blame them. Mason is old and big and has history but if that is what decisions are made from then uk should still be in alumni or memorial. Join the rest of the state and go to venues that the kids would love to say they played in. The various other regions play at wku, eku, bellarmin, Corbin collesiom, Frankfort collesiom and I'm sure a few others. See the trend? The kids love it!

Meanwhile mason completes their psychological warfare to make everyone believe that is the ONLY place. It's funny that I read mason fans complaining about the "ridiculous " drive they will have to make to Campbell county and the huge disadvantage they have.

The 10th coaches get what they deserve by allowing mason to control it each year. If it's my districts time then we are hosting. Plane and simple

 

Last point, mason has taken hosting this tournament for granit. I used to go every year but have chosen not to do so. I'm tired of seeing Mason's students sit in the middle of opposing fan bases or sitting directly behind the opposing teams benches. Should never ever be allowed if it is truly neutral. Mason continues to get away with these antics and the authorities always just put their palms to the air when you have a handful of students causing havoc. It gets old and I simply didn't enjoy that atmosphere and now stay home

By the way. Attendance is way down at mason so when I look at these other regions in the larger arenas the atmosphere is so much better and enjoyable and you don't have homers destroying the atmosphere Wku.... Awesome. Frankfort. Awesome. Bellarmine awesome. Bbt. Awesome. Haven't seen Corbin or eku though

 

Obviously only speculating here, but I'd say if we could have a show of hands, your perspective would be in the vast minority.

I am not sure. Bbt drew the most fans the region has seen in some time.

 

Guess it's not about the kids though.

And just basketball. Why not any of the other sports?

Because of the MONEY!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.