Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region Bracket

Featured Replies

I am not sure. Bbt drew the most fans the region has seen in some time.

 

Guess it's not about the kids though.

 

Because you had 9th region fans showing up to watch as well. That isn't happening if it's at Mason or Montgomery because games are probably on same nights

  • Replies 88
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Total miles from each school to Mason County High School and Montgomery County High School:

Fr School to Mason / to Montgomery

Campbell 50.3 / 79.8

Mason N/A / 49.1

Augusta 18.8 / 67.2

Paris 42.9 / 31.1

Harrison 44.5 / 37.4

Pendleton 37.9 / 58.2

Montgomery 49.1 / N/A

Scott 55.1 / 91

Obviously only speculating here, but I'd say if we could have a show of hands, your perspective would be in the vast minority.

You may be surprised. I definitely agree with him.

The best way to keep the tournament at the more spacious Fieldhouse every year would be for fans to go to Montgomery County in droves, forcing them to turn away hundreds at the gate because of at capacity. Someone told me this happened when the tournament was held at Clark County one time, forcing people to watch the game on TVs in a classroom. After that, it came back to Mason County.

 

Yes please come in droves, so we turn people away. That horse was beat to death on here when moco first hosted.

 

"The gym is to small"

 

I've been to every moco hosted region since the new gym was built and I've never seen the gym near capacity.

 

I to look forward to watching games at the new GRC facility. It should be a fantastic facility if everything is done that is being planned.

Edited by TexasRanger
edit text

Don't look so bad to me.....either people will come and watch basketball at Montgomery or go somewhere else.....or just stay at home and cry about it not being at Mason Co Fieldhouse. A bunch of crying men on here over where the games are played is ridiculous.....

I really don't have a problem with the tournament being at Montgomery.......

Of course, I'd rather only drive to Mason Co., it's 35 miles closer.......

Hopefully I'll be at Montgomery Co. for 3 sessions, cheering on the Camels.

I'll probably take in a few games of the 9th region tourney versus driving to the other side of hell. I loved it when the 9th and 10th were at the BOK

I'll probably take in a few games of the 9th region tourney versus driving to the other side of hell. I loved it when the 9th and 10th were at the BOK

 

I'll be attending the sunday semis for sure.

:popcorn::popcorn:

Don't look so bad to me.....either people will come and watch basketball at Montgomery or go somewhere else.....or just stay at home and cry about it not being at Mason Co Fieldhouse. A bunch of crying men on here over where the games are played is ridiculous.....

 

Paging @lawildcat..... :popcorn:

It's not all about the size of the gym...in fact, I would say the size of the gyms is mostly an overstated part of this debate. High school basketball attendance, while still good, isn't the same as it was 30-40 years ago. Now, there are exceptions to the rule when many small towns have exceptional teams. But, for the most part, regional quarterfinals on Wednesday and Thursday throughout the state will be played mostly in half- and 3/4- filled gyms, many of them smaller than Montgomery Co.

 

IMO, most of the neutral fans in the 10th, the ones who are more likely to go to games whether their team is playing or not, your hard-core high school basketball fan...reside in the northern part of the region, and that's why Mason Co is the preferred spot, and is the biggest reason why Mason Co has bigger $$ numbers on these KHSAA financial statements.

I'll probably take in a few games of the 9th region tourney versus driving to the other side of hell. I loved it when the 9th and 10th were at the BOK

 

Hell's a little strong for mt sterling, but if works for you, that's cool.

 

I to loved all the games at BOK, obviously a longer drive, but great seats and a college feel that I think all the kids would remember the rest of their lives.

 

Plus a neutral floor to boot. I'm all for having it there every year.

Hell's a little strong for mt sterling, but if works for you, that's cool.

 

I to loved all the games at BOK, obviously a longer drive, but great seats and a college feel that I think all the kids would remember the rest of their lives.

 

Plus a neutral floor to boot. I'm all for having it there every year.

 

Didn't say Mt. Sterling was hell, just said it was on the other side of it. LOL

Great points about playing at BOK (or what ever bank is currently on the building BB&T).

Maybe even a little more exciting now that the Norse are D1

Cry me a river... When we played, some got the Monday night game at 5:15 at the fieldhouse. Someway somehow people actually made it to those games (as it was always packed) no matter where you lived. The draw is in Harrison, which says that may be the central location. It only makes it fair that it's rotated. I'm sure fans from moco and Clark don't want to drive up north ever year either, but they do. Go to moco support the teams and have fun watching the 10th.

Cry me a river... When we played, some got the Monday night game at 5:15 at the fieldhouse. Someway somehow people actually made it to those games (as it was always packed) no matter where you lived. The draw is in Harrison, which says that may be the central location. It only makes it fair that it's rotated. I'm sure fans from moco and Clark don't want to drive up north ever year either, but they do. Go to moco support the teams and have fun watching the 10th.

 

I'm in the north end of the 10th and don't think it should be played up here...at all & I can be at BB&T in under 10 minutes

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.