Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nicest Gyms in the state?

Featured Replies

One of the end zones are always available. There is a set of bleachers that can be pulled out on the stage in case of a big crowd. Sadly those are never pulled out as much.

  • Replies 157
  • Views 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would like to see an old picture of The Fieldhouse with the baseline benches.

Mayfield gym.jpg

 

Mayfield has a nice dome gym. Too bad they don't support basketball...

McCracken County has a sweeeeet gym. State of the art. Tilghman has the coolest old feel/fieldhouse gym. Bowling Green is massive, one of the few schools with standing goals instead of suspended hoops and seats around 5k

I absolutely love Augusta's gym. Mr. Cat and I were just there last weekend and I took some pics. I'll try to add them when I get home.

Does anyone have a picture of Bracken County's old gym inside and outside?

Must say some cool looking gyms in WKY.

 

NKY gyms are rather boring. Not really one that really sticks out to me.

Does anyone have any pics of Holy Family Catholic in Ashland? It's a small gym and it's been years since I've been in it, but it has great character. Holy Family is now a KHSAA school, so I figured I would mention it.

I absolutely love Augusta's gym. Mr. Cat and I were just there last weekend and I took some pics. I'll try to add them when I get home.

 

Hopefully someone will post some pics of Augusta. My grandma Easton was from Maysville and talked about the rivalry between Maysville and Augusta all the time. She really enjoyed those games and constantly talked about them even after being transplanted into Ashland for 20+ years.

[ATTACH]55001[/ATTACH] Augusta High School.

 

Thank you sir, that's a great looking gym. While it's small, it's unique, I like it. To be as old as I believe it is, it's in great shape as well. I don't travel to watch games often, but man, I'd like to hang out at that place for a district game against Mason County, I imagine it would be a great atmosphere.

Thank you sir, that's a great looking gym. While it's small, it's unique, I like it. To be as old as I believe it is, it's in great shape as well. I don't travel to watch games often, but man, I'd like to hang out at that place for a district game against Mason County, I imagine it would be a great atmosphere.

 

We are very proud of our tiny throwback gym. It was built in 1926 and it's undergone it's share of changes over the years but still has that old school feel to it that the purists appreciate. You can see a district game there vs. Bracken County or St. Patrick but you won't see a district tournament game there because it's just too small. Plus, without seeding, you won't see Mason County playing there. On a final note, I really feel we have one of the nicest looking floors in the 10th region. It is very well taken care of and I love how the lights shine on it.

Perhaps I'm getting confused with another gym, but did the benches at The Fieldhouse use to be located in the end zones, like Vandy's gym? If so, when did they get moved to the sidelines?

 

The benches have not been in the enzone said since the 70's or early 80's.

When did the folowing gyms open:

 

Mason County------

Henry County------

 

Thank you.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.