Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nicest Gyms in the state?

Featured Replies

The benches have not been in the enzone said since the 70's or early 80's.

 

Thanks Sumo.... I had the privilege of suiting up in the Fieldhouse late 70s, and that was my recollection.

  • Replies 157
  • Views 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Breathitt County's gym is my favorite in the state. Don't have a picture and honestly a picture wouldn't do it justice.

 

Saw it on WYMT. That is one high ceiling.

When did the folowing gyms open:

 

Mason County------

Henry County------

 

Thank you.

 

 

I believe Henry County was 1962.

Paducah Tilghman has an older gym that I really like. Always have. [ATTACH]54997[/ATTACH]

 

Love the banners of the other Region 1 schools. :thumb:

[ATTACH]54993[/ATTACH]

 

Owensboro High School

 

This is actually Hancock County High School

Montgomery county

 

[ATTACH]54959[/ATTACH]

 

Wow this gym is nice and big. Is this gym bigger than Pulaski?

Speaking of new gyms, Letcher County Central has a nice facility. The only issue I have with it is it only seats about 2600, which is kind of small for a school and county of their size. They hosted the district a couple years ago and it was bursting at the seams. They actually had to use split sessions to make it work. They were removed from the regional tournament rotation last year. I don't know how much of a factor the size of their gym had to do with that. Hazard Memorial was also removed from the rotation. The 14th now uses 4 locations for the region, one venue from each district.

 

What are the venues?

The benches have not been in the enzone said since the 70's or early 80's.

 

I would like to see them go back to that next year in the regionals, sort of as a throwback

Does anyone have a picture of Bracken County's old gym inside and outside?

 

Believe it actually seated more than the new gym that was built. Wish it hadn't been torn down, could have served many purposes in the community

Believe it actually seated more than the new gym that was built. Wish it hadn't been torn down, could have served many purposes in the community

 

New gym is listed on KHSAA as 2000

 

Old gym seated 2200, but I know I saw 25-2600 in there several times. I probably have some photos of the old gym...will have to dig though. The ones in yearbooks just don't show it very well.

 

I agree. It was a shame they tore it down. A new bank was needed, but could've went elsewhere. A new courthouse? eh.

I too would like to see some pics of Fleming Co. old gym or some similar too it.

 

Me too. Used to play pickup games in that gym as well that old Mayslick grade school gym

New gym is listed on KHSAA as 2000

 

Old gym seated 2200, but I know I saw 25-2600 in there several times. I probably have some photos of the old gym...will have to dig though. The ones in yearbooks just don't show it very well.

 

I agree. It was a shame they tore it down. A new bank was needed, but could've went elsewhere. A new courthouse? eh.

 

Several were talking about that gym at the district tourney this week. Didn't they have a ticket window or two,similar to Mason County outside? I can remember watching a game there against Mason County and the benches were in the far end zone, on separate sides of the goal of course. People tell me that never happened, anyone else remember that?

I too would like to see some pics of Fleming Co. old gym or some similar too it.

 

I know I have pics of me playing there...had to climb up a ladder to check in.

Several were talking about that gym at the district tourney this week. Didn't they have a ticket window or two,similar to Mason County outside? I can remember watching a game there against Mason County and the benches were in the far end zone, on separate sides of the goal of course. People tell me that never happened, anyone else remember that?

 

Yes. there was a ticket window on the left as you went in, but I rarely remember it being used.

 

I'll back you up on the benches being in the end zones. I remember it happening too! We BOTH can't be wrong.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.