Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nicest Gyms in the state?

Featured Replies

I have always loved the Knott co gym. Perry Centrals gym will hold around 5,000 also. I was in Pulaski recently and it is nice.

  • Replies 157
  • Views 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have always loved the Knott co gym. Perry Centrals gym will hold around 5,000 also. I was in Pulaski recently and it is nice.

I think they list Perry Central's gym at 4,500. I agree it's a very nice gym. Not a bad seat in the house, two restrooms on the lower level and two on the top, a plenty of parking, concessions on both level.....a great venue for big games and tournaments, as is Knott Central's gym.

Covington Holmes - David M. Evans Fieldhouse

 

[ATTACH]54970[/ATTACH]

 

I played at Holmes once and it seemed like everything went straight up. It was an odd perspective compared to most of the gyms I had played in.

Henry County will always be my favorite. The 8th region tournament is one of the best in the state no matter how good the teams are because of it. 50+ years of hosting means a lot of people have made a lot of memories in that gym.

1962884_10202342517623202_862529396_n.jpg?oh=d896f94721b06a74442545e2edc57d5b&oe=576506CB

 

10th Region Tournament 2014

The Fieldhouse (Capacity 5,400)

Mason County

Somerset's Briar Patch

 

305734_2116101306734_2058422149_n.jpg?oh=2afc413341bc0d43af7fa8a8a03b7e1f&oe=57541FD3

 

300058_2116053345535_748751948_n.jpg?oh=8fb5caefa7e4052d5702c6e3ab4fe9bd&oe=57576D21

 

These don't really do it justice

Somerset's Briar Patch

 

305734_2116101306734_2058422149_n.jpg?oh=2afc413341bc0d43af7fa8a8a03b7e1f&oe=57541FD3

 

300058_2116053345535_748751948_n.jpg?oh=8fb5caefa7e4052d5702c6e3ab4fe9bd&oe=57576D21

 

These don't really do it justice

I was in Somerset's gym about 15 years ago. I really liked it. Very nice gym and well taken care of.

I'm kind of partial to the old gyms personally.

If I had to name two favorites I'd go with The Owensboro Sports Center and Mason County's Field House.

Somerset's Briar Patch

 

305734_2116101306734_2058422149_n.jpg?oh=2afc413341bc0d43af7fa8a8a03b7e1f&oe=57541FD3

 

300058_2116053345535_748751948_n.jpg?oh=8fb5caefa7e4052d5702c6e3ab4fe9bd&oe=57576D21

 

These don't really do it justice

 

Old school look, I like it.

Hazard High School

 

[ATTACH]54969[/ATTACH]

 

That picture totally doesn't do that place justice. This joint is one of KY HS hoops' gems. Right down to the ratty locker rooms.

Somerset's Briar Patch

 

305734_2116101306734_2058422149_n.jpg?oh=2afc413341bc0d43af7fa8a8a03b7e1f&oe=57541FD3

 

300058_2116053345535_748751948_n.jpg?oh=8fb5caefa7e4052d5702c6e3ab4fe9bd&oe=57576D21

 

These don't really do it justice

 

What a great gym. Loved what they did with the renovations about a decade or so ago.

Somerset's Briar Patch

 

305734_2116101306734_2058422149_n.jpg?oh=2afc413341bc0d43af7fa8a8a03b7e1f&oe=57541FD3

 

300058_2116053345535_748751948_n.jpg?oh=8fb5caefa7e4052d5702c6e3ab4fe9bd&oe=57576D21

 

These don't really do it justice

 

I've never seen a school put their region on the court like colleges put their conference. A pretty simple idea that I'm really liking.

What a great gym. Loved what they did with the renovations about a decade or so ago.

 

Yeah that completely changed it...I'm glad when they did that renovation they embraced the age and size and didn't "modernize" it.

Somerset's Briar Patch

 

305734_2116101306734_2058422149_n.jpg?oh=2afc413341bc0d43af7fa8a8a03b7e1f&oe=57541FD3

 

300058_2116053345535_748751948_n.jpg?oh=8fb5caefa7e4052d5702c6e3ab4fe9bd&oe=57576D21

 

These don't really do it justice

 

Very nice! The railings and wall look very close to the court though. Is this a safety hazard or is there more room than the pic appears to show?

Pulled this photo of Paintsville's packed gym off twitter. Photo courtesy of JR VanHoose.

 

IMG_20160226_035338.jpg

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.