Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nicest Gyms in the state?

Featured Replies

At Scott County right now.

 

It is awfully nice!

  • Replies 157
  • Views 46k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I too love the pictures. MoCo does have a very nice gym.

I like Pulaski's as well. I have not seen one nicer then Mercer's gym. The fact that it's only about five years old is in it's favor .

 

Any pics?

Montgomery county

 

[ATTACH]54959[/ATTACH]

 

Is that a "Big A" fan hanging from the rafters?

Edited by Randy Parker

Montgomery county

 

[ATTACH]54959[/ATTACH]

 

What is seating capacity?

Is that a "Big A" fan hanging from the rafters?

 

None other.

Edited by Randy Parker

What is seating capacity?

 

4200

Harlan County gym is incredible.

 

Nothing to do with this topic but I was glad to see that when the new Harlan County school was built after consolidation that they decided to not use the "Central" that many others have done after combining schools. I've always thought that just a simple Perry County would have been better for their new school when it formed in the 1990s. There seems to be a zillion Central's out there when it's not needed in the school name. McCracken and Muhlenberg decided against adding Central, too. Makes sense.

To add to the above post, with Letcher and Knott it was not a bad idea to add Central in their new school's name. Each county already had schools with the name of the county before consolidation. Knott had Knott County High and Letcher had Letcher High. So I suppose they went with Central for that reason.

I have a ton of pictures. Want me to just start posting them?

Speaking of new gyms, Letcher County Central has a nice facility. The only issue I have with it is it only seats about 2600, which is kind of small for a school and county of their size. They hosted the district a couple years ago and it was bursting at the seams. They actually had to use split sessions to make it work. They were removed from the regional tournament rotation last year. I don't know how much of a factor the size of their gym had to do with that. Hazard Memorial was also removed from the rotation. The 14th now uses 4 locations for the region, one venue from each district.

Owen County image.jpeg

image.jpeg

not for sure how much Owen's can seat

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.