Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nicest Gyms in the state?

Featured Replies

I have a ton of pictures. Want me to just start posting them?

If you have one of Knott Central please post it. Perry Central has a nice gym too.

And Breathitt Coliseum is a gym built during LBJ's administration and is a dome shape building. It is unique imo.

  • Replies 157
  • Views 46.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a ton of pictures. Want me to just start posting them?

 

Please, for us uncultured folk.

Hazard High School

 

hazard gym.JPG

These are some really nice gyms. They are indicative of the high regard the communties have for HS basketball.

Perry Central (not a good picture; looking to see if I have a better one):

 

perry central gym.JPG

Covington Holmes - David M. Evans Fieldhouse

 

IMG01478.jpg

not for sure how much Owen's can seat

 

I am guessing ~ 2000, but that might not be the official number.

I think Hazard's Memorial Gym was opened in 1950. It was the class of the mountains for many years.

Not a good picture but Rowan County High School:

 

rowan county gym.JPG

Any love for Highlands' new digs? I have yet to make the trip.

 

Anyone have a picture? I saw it last year before the renovations, would like to see the changes.

I know I have better pics somewhere but this is Breathitt County:

 

breathitt county gym.JPG

Henry County is a classic.

 

The first gym I thought of.

Any pics?

 

Here are a few videos off their Facebook page that show the gym.

Third one shows the letters on the bleachers. Fifth one shows a good view of the whole gym.

https://m.facebook.com/MercerCountySeniorHigh

Edited by First

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.