Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

10th Region POY

Featured Replies

Who would be your front runner and why?

  • Replies 81
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Homer pick I know before anyone calls me out but, Austin Crawford. Kid can do it all. Score, rebound, defense. Averaging 26 and 10 per game. Cant argue those numbers.

 

A case can be made for Pig Williams, Jake Ohmer, Matt Wilson, and Dante Allen, but none are putting up the numbers Crawford is on a night in night out basis.

 

My top 5 today would be:

 

1. Crawford

2. Ohmer

3. Wilson

4. Williams

5. Allen

Homer pick for me also. Matt Wilson. 21 points and 12 rebounds per game with consistent double and triple teaming. He alters shots on the defensive end.

Does POY HAVE to be a senior? For some reason I always thought that.

I haven't seen Austin Crawford, but for the rest of the nominees, it'd be Matt Wilson for me and I wouldn't have to think about it long. The only time I'd have Jake Ohmer before Matt Wilson is alphabetically.

If it can be anyone in the 10th region my list would go:

 

1. Austin Crawford: 26.9 PPG, 10.1 RPG, 53.1% FG, 27.9% 3P, 70.2% FT, and playing defense night in and night out.

 

2. Matt Wilson: 20.5 PPG, 12.0 RPG, 64.9% FG, 46.2% 3P (13 taken), 61.8% FT, not sure about the blocks, but he has to average around 2-3 per game.

 

3. Pig Williams: 19.7 PPG, 4.4 RPG, at least 3-4 APG, 42.2% FG, 35.2% 3P, 66.7% FT, and being probably the best perimeter defender in the 10th region.

 

4. Jake Ohmer: 26.7 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 43.4% FG, 34.8% 3P, 86.5% FT, and may be the best scorer in the 10th region.

 

5. Dontaie Allen: 22.1 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 47.7% FG, 43.2% 3P, 66.9% FT, and is just a freshman who will be the next big thing IMO.

If it can be anyone in the 10th region my list would go:

 

1. Austin Crawford: 26.9 PPG, 10.1 RPG, 53.1% FG, 27.9% 3P, 70.2% FT, and playing defense night in and night out.

 

2. Matt Wilson: 20.5 PPG, 12.0 RPG, 64.9% FG, 46.2% 3P (13 taken), 61.8% FT, not sure about the blocks, but he has to average around 2-3 per game.

 

3. Pig Williams: 19.7 PPG, 4.4 RPG, at least 3-4 APG, 42.2% FG, 35.2% 3P, 66.7% FT, and being probably the best perimeter defender in the 10th region.

 

4. Jake Ohmer: 26.7 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 43.4% FG, 34.8% 3P, 86.5% FT, and may be the best scorer in the 10th region.

 

5. Dontaie Allen: 22.1 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 47.7% FG, 43.2% 3P, 66.9% FT, and is just a freshman who will be the next big thing IMO.

 

My order is different, but those are the top five IMO, although it's really hard to keep Caswell Fuller off the list.

1. Matt Wilson

2. Pig Williams

3. Austin Crawford

4. Dontaie Allen

5. Caswell Fuller / Jake Ohmer

Matt Wilson in a tight race over Austin Crawford. Stat fillers on the offensive end slightly favor Crawford, but are very comparable. Where I see a marginal difference is that defenses collapse on Wilson leaving plenty of room for his teammates to operate for tons of open 2's and 3's. Where Austin's game is drive and penetrate with teammates that don't often knock down the open looks. So, BC cannot win unless Crawford scores a ton. CC does not need 30 from Wilson to win, so he does not pile up huge point totals. Small advantage to Wilson offensively.

 

Defensively, Austin is solid, but not a shutdown defender. Wilson alters every teams offensive plan, every penetrator is concerned about his shot being blocked or at least the need to alter his release. IMO Wilson wins the defensive comparison soundly.

although it's really hard to keep Caswell Fuller off the list.

 

I was just getting ready to post this. Others may have higher scoring %, but as I have stated many times, I don't go by just points. Fuller just makes MoCo go. He is their floor general and does it to perfection. It could be scoring one night , others steals, assists and excellent ball handling.

 

No I am no homer, he is from our rival school.....:lol2:. I just like the way this young man plays. Very underrated player.

I have always been one who advocates that this should be the player that stands out beyond statistical information. Best ppg scorer, rebounder, % shooter, etc. are all criteria that should be taken into account but beyond statistics I consider team w/l record, does he make players around him better?, is he supportive of teammates or belittling? , is he respectful of Coaches, Referees, Fans?, does his ego exceed his talent level? and that's how I define it. In fairness, I haven't seen enough games this year to offer an opinion but again, I think these traits are what makes a statistically good or even great player into the POY. Obviously, one man's opinion.

I have always been one who advocates that this should be the player that stands out beyond statistical information. Best ppg scorer, rebounder, % shooter, etc. are all criteria that should be taken into account but beyond statistics I consider team w/l record, does he make players around him better?, is he supportive of teammates or belittling? , is he respectful of Coaches, Referees, Fans?, does his ego exceed his talent level? and that's how I define it. In fairness, I haven't seen enough games this year to offer an opinion but again, I think these traits are what makes a statistically good or even great player into the POY. Obviously, one man's opinion.

 

That is this females opinion too. Needs to be a all round player, not just scorer.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.