Kentucky 76 Vanderbilt 57

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skal kinda reminds me of a young WCS. It took WCS a while to get it together no? And even when he did, he really wasn't a prototypical "back to basket" post up type of guy. So maybe Skal will blossom into something special. I hope so.

I think about my son, who is in his second semester of college. He's a great kid, like his ole man, but he still makes mistakes of youth. If he had to manage playing in the fishbowl of UK, on top of being away from home and in college and girls.....so I am rooting for the kid.

On the bolded, I don't know Mayfieldfan. UK is basically a high school all star team and those kids are used to all the attention of the "fish bowl". They're just in a bigger one now. I think the issue is trying to play "team" ball and or playing roles on the team. And about girls, believe me, these guys can handle that aspect.

On the bolded, I don't know Mayfieldfan. UK is basically a high school all star team and those kids are used to all the attention of the "fish bowl". They're just in a bigger one now. I think the issue is trying to play "team" ball and or playing roles on the team. And about girls, believe me, these guys can handle that aspect.

I am 49 and still can't. But it's been a lot of fun making mistakes.

I haven't gotten to watch UK much this year, but was thrilled this was one of the games I've seen. Awesome and fun game to watch.

Skal sure wasn't missed today. UK needs to get him out there some to improve, but Arkansas aside, he just hasn't been great. I really hope he doesn't try to leave after this year, he needs more time in college whether an NBA team will take him or not.

Completely agree about Skal. Someone will take him, there is no doubt in my mind about that. But imo, if he leaves this early he will be a bust in the NBA.

Completely agree about Skal. Someone will take him' date=' there is no doubt in my mind about that. But imo, if he leaves this early he will be a bust in the NBA.[/quote']

He has to leave, weak draft and a loaded class coming in next year. He could easily be the 6/7 guy next year if they get Bolden.

He has to leave, weak draft and a loaded class coming in next year. He could easily be the 6/7 guy next year if they get Bolden.

Hell he's pretty much the 6th or 7th guy now. I get what your saying, but i firmly believe he will be a bust if he leaves this year.

Someone mentioned they still thought Murray shot to much. I had no problem with his shooting today. Him and Ullis are one of the best backcourts in America. Murray is a player and he has shown that he can go off when he gets going. No one has a problem when he makes the same shots he had missed before. Him and Ullis are my favorite players. I love their game!

If he decides to come back next year he won't see much playing time IMO. And he will see basically zero time if Bolden signs with UK. So he doesn't have much choice but to enter the draft.

I'm wondering about the big Kiwi. My neighbor said he heard that Cal may just redshirt him after all. Don't know where he heard that but he obviously isn't going to play him or he would have put him at Arkansas toward the end of the game instead of the walk on's.

As far as Skal, when he came in the game right off the bat he did not guard the 3 and his man nailed a open 3. Cal yanked him immediately and you could read lips asking him, why didn't you defend the 3? That was the game plan and he failed as soon as he came in. Like everyone said though Cats didn't him today. Team Defense was fantastic and going forward will be key to this team. It sure doesn't hurt to shoot as well as they did too. That was a fun game to watch!

Anyone know why Cam Justice's playing time has decreased so much since beginning of season? I remember in the early season tournaments he was playing quite a bit and scoring as well. Is he happy there? Hope he doesn't do like so many Ky. High School Stars that go out of state and transfer back home after a year to play at Pikeville, Thomas More,etc.