Boycotting the Oscars

jericho

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said Michael B Jordan got ripped out of nomination. I called for him to be nominated right after I watched the movie. I just don't understand why people are using Will Smith as an example , he has been nominated twice in the past for much better roles.

The Academy is made up of old White men for the most part. Call it what you want but they aren't going to get the same thing out of Straight out of Compton as people under the age of 50 will. I wasn't shocked by that being left out even though I loved it.

At the end of the day this year if Leo doesn't finally win that will be the biggest crime.

I would say Idris Elba in "Beasts of No Nation. "

Loved him years ago in HBO's "Sometimes in April."

Sad thing is that this is the second straight year.

I haven't seen his performance in Beasts but do you think that snub might have had more to do with the fact that it is a Netflix movie than his skin color? The academy is very slow to embrace new media.

I haven't seen his performance in Beasts but do you think that snub might have had more to do with the fact that it is a Netflix movie than his skin color? The academy is very slow to embrace new media.

I'd like to say yes, but two Netflix-produced films are up in the documentary category.

In the end, it's tough to know what the Academy is going to embrace at any given moment, but I'll say this: Eddie Redmayne was a shoo-in on the day he took that role in The Danish Girl. Any halfway decent picture about someone going trans was a guarantee.

I'd like to say yes, but two Netflix-produced films are up in the documentary category.

In the end, it's tough to know what the Academy is going to embrace at any given moment, but I'll say this: Eddie Redmayne was a shoo-in on the day he took that role in The Danish Girl. Any halfway decent picture about someone going trans was a guarantee.

I was actually thinking the same thing as him. I liked Beasts and enjoyed it. But has any movie not released on the big screen been nominated for any major award before ? I'm not sure. When I watched it I thought he was excellent just didn't think he would be up for anything because he's on Netflix.

Documentaries make sense because most the best ones are released on new media now.

If I had to pinpoint the problem I'd say part of it is probably racism. But part of it is the voters being out of touch with popular culture because of the age gap . That has always been a problem.

I still think MBJ has the biggest the beef.

Check out what Stacey Dash had to say about it.

*Disclaimer: I really do not care what she says about anything, she will always be on my Top 10 list.:banana:

'Clueless' actress: 'There shouldn't be a Black History Month' - LA Times

Ignorance.

First, BET does have white nominees.

Secondly, Black History Month rose out of necessity since history books for decades have been light on the subject.

Lastly, she gets to keep her Fox News gig with these types of comments.

For everyone lauding Smith in Concussion, you know the movie flopped?

Only movie I saw this year was Trainwreck. LeBron didn't deserve Best Supporting Actor for it :D

Train wreck was not nearly as good as I expected it to be. It wasn't really good at all.