Boycotting the Oscars

jericho

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've saw that a few places...someone said and others on TV have repeated it. No way it's close to true though. Just to offset me, someone would have to go to the movies 5 times more than me or about 200 times.

I have been researching it, since I am not certain where I heard it. But it looks like it is about 15-18%.

So next year when they give a black actor a nomination, for the sake of diversity, will that make the black actors feel better?

"There were other actors better than you, but because you are an actor of color you get the nomination."

Probably doesn't phase African American coaches when they get an interview in the NFL because of the Rooney Rule.

Probably doesn't phase African American coaches when they get an interview in the NFL because of the Rooney Rule.

I agree that there are similarities, but the differences between the Rooney Rule and the nominations for the awards make this analogy invalid, in my humble opinion. When interviewing a coach, you can literally interview as many different people as you want. Heck, theoretically an NFL team could interview every single person in the world.

I may be wrong, but I believe the nominations are narrowed down significantly from the original list, and only a certain number of actors are allowed on the final nomination.