Boycotting the Oscars

jericho

Im not sure. I dont keep up with what I watch.

I do know that one thing, there are a lot of white lily people who pay money to go watch movies and thus this is how some like Will Smith got rich.

Maybe if no one went to his movies he may think different if there is no demand for him.

No one watches his movies anymore though......

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's take a different approach. We have the same issue here on BGP every year with every All Star team. Someone who may have been deserving is left off. So if you want to add someone, then you have to remove someone.

Who was nominated? Since Will Smith and Michael B Jordan were two who were mentioned, let's focus on that category. (disclaimer, I haven't seen any of the movies or performances under consideration, so I can't comment)

Which black actor/actress were "deserving"? Already identified above

Now who do you remove from the nominated list to promote them?

Were the non-nominated really deserving of the nomination?

Is it really a racial issue or were there just better performances by those who were nominated?

There can be up to 10 nominees in some categories like Best Picture and in some categories there were less than 10 nominations so no one has to be removed from anywhere. Only 8 movies were chosen for Best Picture nomination.

Michael B Jordan could/should have received a nomination for Creed

O'Shea Jackson could/should have received a nomination for Straight out of Compton

I loved both of their performances...but if DiCaprio doesn't win for The Revenent they need to recount the votes.

I thought O'Shea Jackson, Jr did a great job as well. I didn't think he'd be nominated but it is pretty cool to see him receiving nationwide acclaim for his role.

No one watches his movies anymore though......

I still watch his movies, he is a great actor IMO. I didnt go watch his latest movie concussion for obvious reasons.

Before I answer this question I want to know if this is a serious question or sarcasm. :lol2:

Come on you know its pure smart Alec sarcasm

Let's take a different approach. We have the same issue here on BGP every year with every All Star team. Someone who may have been deserving is left off. So if you want to add someone, then you have to remove someone.

Who was nominated? Since Will Smith and Michael B Jordan were two who were mentioned, let's focus on that category. (disclaimer, I haven't seen any of the movies or performances under consideration, so I can't comment)

Which black actor/actress were "deserving"? Already identified above

Now who do you remove from the nominated list to promote them?

Were the non-nominated really deserving of the nomination?

Is it really a racial issue or were there just better performances by those who were nominated?

I take out Bryan Cranston and Eddie Redmayne and put in Michael B. Jordan and O'Shea Jackson, Jr.

When you have voters who are predominantly old white dudes, it is absolutely some white guy's fault that there are no black nominations.

...or maybe they movies just sucked, isn't that a possibility ? Were there a lot of black actors in the most recent Star Wars movie that were snubbed by the committee, because other than that, it would appear that 2015 wasn't a banner year for good flicks.

...or maybe they movies just sucked, isn't that a possibility ? Were there a lot of black actors in the most recent Star Wars movie that were snubbed by the committee, because other than that, it would appear that 2015 wasn't a banner year for good flicks.

Other than Creed, Straight Outta Compton, Concussion and Star Wars I am not sure of other movies or roles that black actors and actresses appeared in. It doesn't mean there wasn't quality work done somewhere by black actors and actresses. How does a movie like Danish Girl get found and Eddie Redmayne nominated for Best Actor and any movie starring Idrie Elba isn't a consideration also?