Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Syracuse 64 Duke 62

Featured Replies

This is certainly not helping UK's RPI.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is certainly not helping UK's RPI.

 

Exactly. On one hand, we need duke to be duke. On the other hand, :dancingpa

They like UK will be fine this year too. People around here freak out way to much way too soon.

 

You're very optimistic about your teams. You just gotta admit this isnt a good year, UK like Duke is very down this year. We will be lucky if our teams get through the field of 64.

You're very optimistic about your teams. You just gotta admit this isnt a good year, UK like Duke is very down this year. We will be lucky if our teams get through the field of 64.

 

I don't see any reason both won't be dancing in March in the tournament, just wouldn't be buying those F4 tickets yet.

You're very optimistic about your teams. You just gotta admit this isnt a good year, UK like Duke is very down this year. We will be lucky if our teams get through the field of 64.

 

I am an optimistic person, but I also feel like I look at my teams more realistic than most. Go back and look to what people were saying after UK beat Duke. People were talking crazy saying how this UK team is a better college team than last years team, and how it is a better offensive team and all that. So many fans live in the moment right now, instead of looking at the big picture. It is the same way with the Bengals, and why I have been one of the best at predicting how the Bengals will do each season.

 

When I look at UK and Duke I see obviously two teams that have flaws no doubt. However when I look at UK and Duke I see two teams that are like most normal good college teams and not the teams that we have gotten use to. I see to many people overreact to them not being as great as past teams and calling these teams bad. Both of these teams are not bad, they are just not dominant and can and will lose some games. However with both of these teams I see teams that have talent and pieces that come March could be put together to make a run.

 

It is not like College basketball has that one dominant team this year. They have a lot of teams that are good but also have flaws in their own game. So when it comes time to play on a neutral court during tournament time, things will be wide open. UK for example this year reminds me a lot of the UConn teams who looked terrible all season but put it together come tournament time because of guard play. To many people are living in the moment right now with these teams, and doesn't allow them to think its possible for a team to get better come March.

 

With that said I hope I am wrong about Duke and they do miss the tournament or knocked out in first round. :D

Duke and UK will both make the tourney. It is kind of hard to find 68 decent teams to fill out the tournament any more. That plus the names on their jerseys will assure they are both in unless they both totally collapse. Both are too well coached for that to happen.

Duke and UK will both make the tourney. It is kind of hard to find 68 decent teams to fill out the tournament any more. That plus the names on their jerseys will assure they are both in unless they both totally collapse. Both are too well coached for that to happen.

 

Not to mention, if both teams won their conference tournaments would anyone truly be surprised? I wouldn't be. Duke is bad this season, but college basketball as a whole is crazy this season.

Not to mention, if both teams won their conference tournaments would anyone truly be surprised? I wouldn't be. Duke is bad this season, but college basketball as a whole is crazy this season.

 

I for one would be very suprised if Ky wins their conference tournament.

Saw a Twitter post that Duke had best watch out or Tournament Committee will drop them to a 2 seed.

Saw a Twitter post that Duke had best watch out or Tournament Committee will drop them to a 2 seed.

 

In Greensboro.

Saw a Twitter post that Duke had best watch out or Tournament Committee will drop them to a 2 seed.

 

In Greensboro.

 

:lol2::lol2:

I am an optimistic person, but I also feel like I look at my teams more realistic than most. Go back and look to what people were saying after UK beat Duke. People were talking crazy saying how this UK team is a better college team than last years team, and how it is a better offensive team and all that. So many fans live in the moment right now, instead of looking at the big picture. It is the same way with the Bengals, and why I have been one of the best at predicting how the Bengals will do each season.

 

When I look at UK and Duke I see obviously two teams that have flaws no doubt. However when I look at UK and Duke I see two teams that are like most normal good college teams and not the teams that we have gotten use to. I see to many people overreact to them not being as great as past teams and calling these teams bad. Both of these teams are not bad, they are just not dominant and can and will lose some games. However with both of these teams I see teams that have talent and pieces that come March could be put together to make a run.

 

It is not like College basketball has that one dominant team this year. They have a lot of teams that are good but also have flaws in their own game. So when it comes time to play on a neutral court during tournament time, things will be wide open. UK for example this year reminds me a lot of the UConn teams who looked terrible all season but put it together come tournament time because of guard play. To many people are living in the moment right now with these teams, and doesn't allow them to think its possible for a team to get better come March.

 

With that said I hope I am wrong about Duke and they do miss the tournament or knocked out in first round. :D

 

Not sure who said that but I'd avoid them. They must be off their meds.

Curse of the "Coach Cal being a boss" avatar?

 

Actually, I think it is the opposite. Duke started losing when those guys removed that Coach Cal avatar. If PPride and Grizzly want to get Duke's season back on track, they need to get that Coach Cal avatar back up immediately and leave it there till ... ???? If they doubt me, they need to consult with LRCW, the Swami of Jinxes and Superstitious.

Not sure who said that but I'd avoid them. They must be off their meds.

 

Go back and look at the threads from the first month and also the Duke UK game final thread. It wasn't just one person, many people were saying how great this team can be and may be a better college team and definitely a better offensive team.

 

To many people live in the moment when they form their opinion on a team. Just like now to many people living in the moment when they try to say how bad these teams are.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.