2016 Louisville Invitational Tournament

I'm hesitant to call the boys LIT an all Louisville event since the Bullitt County schools are all eligible. I know why they did it, being they are in a Louisville region, but I'd prefer if it were only Jefferson County schools.

You could call it the Louisville Area Invitational Tournament, but some Frenchman would think it was a milking competition.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hesitant to call the boys LIT an all Louisville event since the Bullitt County schools are all eligible. I know why they did it, being they are in a Louisville region, but I'd prefer if it were only Jefferson County schools.

That's the way I'd prefer it too, but this is fine.

Or conversely, let's make it a full metro area event and include the schools from Shelby and Oldham in the calculations if they'll accept the invite.

I'm hesitant to call the boys LIT an all Louisville event since the Bullitt County schools are all eligible. I know why they did it, being they are in a Louisville region, but I'd prefer if it were only Jefferson County schools.[/quote

They play in the Louisville regions. Why exclude them?

When I was a senior at Daviess County we played PRP in the LIT.

It would be cool to have some non-Louisville schools mixed in as opposed to these bottom of the rung Louisville schools. Imagine if Owen County, Mercer County, Christian County, Bowling Green and Dunbar replaced Desales, Western, CAL, Valley and Southern?

I'd pay to see that. As opposed to the current format.

When I was a senior at Daviess County we played PRP in the LIT.

It would be cool to have some non-Louisville schools mixed in as opposed to these bottom of the rung Louisville schools. Imagine if Owen County, Mercer County, Christian County, Bowling Green and Dunbar replaced Desales, Western, CAL, Valley and Southern?

I'd pay to see that. As opposed to the current format.

Are you saying we won't see a KCD/North Bullitt championship game?

Or conversely, let's make it a full metro area event and include the schools from Shelby and Oldham in the calculations if they'll accept the invite.

You planning to be there any Saturday?

The problem with the old format was getting good out of Co teams. I think the quality had dropped. You can now play 30 games. Each game you play counts towards that number. Teams from out of co have to determine if they could win it or not and save 3 games. If they lost the first game then you have to find games late in the year which can be difficult to do. Louisville teams have to play if they qualify so they schedule accordingly depending on how good you are. Trinity/Ballard will probably save 4 games in hopes of getting to finals. Middle of the road teams may save two or three games. You will see teams in Louisville scrambling to find games once they lose in LIT. A school like Ballard if they lose early will have a tough time finding games.

Yeah. The quality dropped because they didn't have someone like the girls' side of things that cared enough about the tournament to make sure they had good teams each year. I'd rather see 4 top teams from out in the state than Western, Valley and Christian Academy. Those teams are just bad. Really a watered down tournament from where it used to be.

We've already seen Owen County, Bowling Green and Dunbar play against Louisville schools in the KOB. I would rather see the tournament as it is now especially since some Louisville schools refuse to play each other any longer.

That was fine when there was good, deep basketball in Louisville. But with so many teams so bad, doesn't make it any fun.

Male will beat KCD or DeSales by 30 and then probably beat PRP by 15-plus. And also in the top Trinity will beat Valley or Southern by 30 plus and then have already whipped Manual by 20 or so. How's that fun. Now, Saturday morning will be good but give me a break as long as Louisville basketball is down this tournament is down.

Why not make it a true market Championship and invite the best teams from the other side of the creek? Seems odd that a couple of them in Louisville DMA counties in IN aren't invited.

That was fine when there was good, deep basketball in Louisville. But with so many teams so bad, doesn't make it any fun.

Male will beat KCD or DeSales by 30 and then probably beat PRP by 15-plus. And also in the top Trinity will beat Valley or Southern by 30 plus and then have already whipped Manual by 20 or so. How's that fun. Now, Saturday morning will be good but give me a break as long as Louisville basketball is down this tournament is down.

Male will not beat KCD by 30, in fact that would be my upset pick for the 2nd round....KCD over Male. Not saying Male is not better than KCD, but that will be much closer than 30 and could end up with KCD advancing.

The LIT gives KCD the opportunity to show they have removed themselves from the small school world and moved up to a level of being more competitive with the larger schools. Anthony Mathis and Colin Ferguson are quality high school basketball players. Assuming they end up playing Male, I don't know if they can beat Male but I don't think they will lose by 30.