2016 Louisville Invitational Tournament

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the seeding perfect? No! But if you look at some of these teams....Doss, Central, Ballard, Butler, Fern Creek, they're wins & losses are all over the map. Consistency is not a stronghold.

In the 2nd round there are some great matchups...

Doss - PRP

Eastern - Manual

N. Bullitt - St. X

Fern Creek - Central...will be a helter skelter showdown.

Ballard could be playing a talented Waggener team.

You pickem fellas...good luck!

Can someone explain the difference between the boy's and girl's LIT? Seems like the boy's side is all Louisville area teams. On the girl's side I am sure Mercer County will be playing in the LIT. How does that happen?

I'm fairly certain the girls' LIT still uses the old format of several local teams plus a group of teams from around Kentucky brought in. A few years ago the boys' tournament switched to this 6th/7th regions only format.

I've enjoyed the switch on the boys' side as getting the best of those two regions together gets us a tournament that functions as a unofficial city championship.

I couldn't answer why the girls didn't make the same switch. The gulf between the good girls teams and the not so good is pretty wide; maybe they worried about competitiveness.

The girls side is not run by the same committee. Jerry Wyman does not over see it. The boys is all Louisville schools. The girls still have the old format and use the LIT ratings to seed and determine the Louisville schools. Personally like the boys way of an all Louisville tournament to see who is the best. I think the girls do it for a better crowd/attendance. Its very restrictive on Louisville teams to get in. Its usually the same Louisville schools every year. Its hard for up an coming girls teams in Louisville to get in. As for the Boys seeding, the only thing that needs to change is you get no points for playing out of state teams. You can beat the #1 team from another state and get no points. The SETH rankings can hurt teams who like to travel out of state for tournaments.

The boys went to a true LIT a few years ago it most the coaches and AD like it. They use to bring in out of county teams now just 6th and 7th region.

The SETH ranking are not perfect bit they are a lot better then the Lit rankings that were previously used. If you were high in the rankings and lost a ton of games you would still make the field. Now losses hurt a lot more then wina, but most times you won't get a 1-10 school in. The small schools have a chance now.

The problem with the old format was getting good out of Co teams. I think the quality had dropped. You can now play 30 games. Each game you play counts towards that number. Teams from out of co have to determine if they could win it or not and save 3 games. If they lost the first game then you have to find games late in the year which can be difficult to do. Louisville teams have to play if they qualify so they schedule accordingly depending on how good you are. Trinity/Ballard will probably save 4 games in hopes of getting to finals. Middle of the road teams may save two or three games. You will see teams in Louisville scrambling to find games once they lose in LIT. A school like Ballard if they lose early will have a tough time finding games.

If that's the truth then no way is Ballard #2 seed

Ballard won two out of three games in Tennessee against the kind of competition that you can't find locally in a holiday tournament. Bad loss against Doss... Other loses were close.

Trinity over Valley, Eastern over Manual, Doss over PRP, Male over KCD, Ballard over CAL, Central over FC, NB over X and BE over Butler. Then Trinity over Eastern, Doss over Male, Ballard over Central and BE over NB. Finally Trinity over Doss, Ballard over BE and Trinty wins final.

Edited by Knownothing
accidently hit enter