2016 Louisville Invitational Tournament

True but coaches/AD's are sent weekly updates on the SETH rankings. So you should know by looking at the first one if you are going to be in or not. First rankings come out if you are in top 15 you will probably stay in it.The problem is with 18-22. Fairdale was in until the last games before the new year was played. However, You don't get points for wins or deductions for losses vs out of state teams. Cal Jumped up by winning a tournament and Fairdale/Desales tied. Record vs head to head decided the tie breaker. Fairdale got no points for two wins in Daytona.

I do not like that at all, but I guess the Louisville schools are used to it. So lets say two teams only play one game in the LIT can they quickly schedule a game for later in the week against each other?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not like that at all, but I guess the Louisville schools are used to it. So lets say two teams only play one game in the LIT can they quickly schedule a game for later in the week against each other?

Yes but only on Thursday. Off day for LIT.

A big problem for all teams is scheduling your season around the LIT. All JCPS schools are required to play in it if qualify. Refusing to play causes you a ban for a couple of years. Coaches have to decide how many games to leave for the LIT. Lets say a Ballard leaves 4 games for it thinking they can make the finals and get upset in first rd. They will have to fill 3 games on their schedule which is tough to do at this time. Also if you only leave two games and you play well and make the semi finals, you could be over 1 game and have to cancel a game leaving a team without a game.

CAL of Louisville played & lost Monday night. They have a game scheduled with Jeffersontown on Thursday.