2016 Louisville Invitational Tournament

Why not make it a true market Championship and invite the best teams from the other side of the creek? Seems odd that a couple of them in Louisville DMA counties in IN aren't invited.

At the 2014 KOB tourney, I asked Lloyd "Pinky" Gardner why an Indiana team has never played in the KOB. His response...Quote...Are you kidding me, I would love to have Indiana teams here, but Indiana rules say they can't play in tournaments like this that are out of state.

So I suppose that would go for the LIT as well!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be out of town Saturday night, but if it's Trinity/Male in the semis, I'll definitely be in attendance on Saturday morning. Probably will go to the morning session no matter what.
I plan on the same thing. Let's catch up.

I'm hesitant to call the boys LIT an all Louisville event since the Bullitt County schools are all eligible. I know why they did it, being they are in a Louisville region, but I'd prefer if it were only Jefferson County schools.

They play in the Louisville regions. Why exclude them?

One might argue as I do that they should be in the 5th Region, thus solving that problem.

At the 2014 KOB tourney, I asked Lloyd "Pinky" Gardner why an Indiana team has never played in the KOB. His response...Quote...Are you kidding me, I would love to have Indiana teams here, but Indiana rules say they can't play in tournaments like this that are out of state.

So I suppose that would go for the LIT as well!

Indiana has very tight restrictions on the number of games they can play.

Can someone explain how teams like Fairdale who did not make the field know to schedule games during the LIT? I get the concept but then if you think you are going to be in it before the season starts and then you do not make it......then you are stuck. Or do Louisville teams not making the field just play each other.

Can someone explain how teams like Fairdale who did not make the field know to schedule games during the LIT? I get the concept but then if you think you are going to be in it before the season starts and then you do not make it......then you are stuck. Or do Louisville teams not making the field just play each other.

6th/7th region teams that does not make the LIT field are only allowed to schedule games on the Thursday that LIT games are not played. In most cases, that game would be scheduled once you don't make the field or in some cases, some teams already has a team scheduled for that Thursday.

Very bad rule. I think you can also play on the Monday to if you don't make the field. If your going to make this a rule than JCPS should automatically schedule the teams not playing against each other. Some teams wont play certain schools and leaves teams scrambling to find games. JCPS wants this tournament to be the showcase so you cant have games during LIT game days. So not only do teams struggle to find games they don't get any of the money that's generated if you don't play in it.

Very bad rule. I think you can also play on the Monday to if you don't make the field. If your going to make this a rule than JCPS should automatically schedule the teams not playing against each other. Some teams wont play certain schools and leaves teams scrambling to find games. JCPS wants this tournament to be the showcase so you cant have games during LIT game days. So not only do teams struggle to find games they don't get any of the money that's generated if you don't play in it.

How is the money divided between the schools? Do they split admission?

That's the big problem. It's 10+ games into the season before a team knows whether they've made the field or not.

True but coaches/AD's are sent weekly updates on the SETH rankings. So you should know by looking at the first one if you are going to be in or not. First rankings come out if you are in top 15 you will probably stay in it.The problem is with 18-22. Fairdale was in until the last games before the new year was played. However, You don't get points for wins or deductions for losses vs out of state teams. Cal Jumped up by winning a tournament and Fairdale/Desales tied. Record vs head to head decided the tie breaker. Fairdale got no points for two wins in Daytona.