Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals at Broncos Week 16

Featured Replies

OK, now you've gone over the cliff.

 

I'm being dead serious. Steelers will have a huge mental advantage.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I'm being dead serious. Steelers will have a huge mental advantage.

And the worst secondary in the league.:lol2:

Another full week of snaps will help McCarron settle into the offense. I think he plays better than he did in San Fran. He's used to the bright lights so it'll be interesting to see how they look compared to the Dalton Bengals in the prime time. Defense should do well vs. the run and make Osweiler throw it around which makes for one dull, boring game.

 

Broncos win this one 10-9.

  • Author
Another full week of snaps will help McCarron settle into the offense. I think he plays better than he did in San Fran. He's used to the bright lights so it'll be interesting to see how they look compared to the Dalton Bengals in the prime time. Defense should do well vs. the run and make Osweiler throw it around which makes for one dull, boring game.

 

Broncos win this one 10-9.

Kinda what I think. The windows to throw in are very tiny against that bunch. And I've not been impressed with the Bengal front, so I'd guess you'll get a heavy dose of pressure because they don't mind at all to leave their DBs on an island. Plus Ward should be back this week for them which makes them more opportunistic on the back end.
Another full week of snaps will help McCarron settle into the offense. I think he plays better than he did in San Fran. He's used to the bright lights so it'll be interesting to see how they look compared to the Dalton Bengals in the prime time. Defense should do well vs. the run and make Osweiler throw it around which makes for one dull, boring game.

 

Broncos win this one 10-9.

 

By a missed extra point... again or 3 field goals?

By a missed extra point... again or 3 field goals?

 

Safety and touchdown. :D

Had heard 2-3 of the Broncos starting DBs are expected to miss the game. Any truth to that?

Had heard 2-3 of the Broncos starting DBs are expected to miss the game. Any truth to that?

 

That could make me rethink my prediction. I like the fact that McCarron played all of those big games at Bama. I just don't see him being afraid of the bright lights like a guy from GA Southern or Northern Iowa might be.

That could make me rethink my prediction. I like the fact that McCarron played all of those big games at Bama. I just don't see him being afraid of the bright lights like a guy from GA Southern or Northern Iowa might be.

 

Or TCU? :D

  • Author
Had heard 2-3 of the Broncos starting DBs are expected to miss the game. Any truth to that?

Not sure who. Harris was healthy at game's end. So was Talib, so was Roby. maybe the only one questionable was the kid that Wallace clocked, but he was the backup to Ward who should return. But who knows?

 

edit: Just looked and it was Brunton who Wallace hit and he is a starter. He is out with a broken fibula, which he played with Sunday.

 

Their site says that they expect TJ Ward and Darian Stewart, both their safeties back this week.

I had no idea on Atkins...

 

This is huge for not only this game, but the playoffs. If Denver wins, for the Bengals to get where they want to get, they would most likely be making a return trip to Denver, if they can get past their 1st round game and won't have his services in the 2nd game.

More on Atkins and Sickle Cell:

 

"Once I learned I had the trait I researched as much as I could and talked with the football training staff," said Atkins during the summer of 2012. "They assured me that the trait would not affect my ability to play. There were four freshmen who tested positive for the trait along with me and we were assigned a trainer who watched us closely during practice sessions and on game day. I was not treated differently by my teammates and went about my life just as I had before. One day I learned that a football player had died from complications of sickle cell trait while participating in spring practice at another university. That's when I realized that this is a serious issue and I should not take any chances with my health. I played at the highest level in college and it earned me a spot in the NFL."

 

Atkins also told the CDC in sharing his story this anecdote, "During the 2011 season we did travel to Denver to play the Broncos and that was the first time I can truly say I felt the effects of the trait. I could not breathe after a 10-play series and had to be given oxygen on the sideline."

 

Clearly, wondering if Atkins will play this Monday against the Broncos may become of interest. If Cincinnati approaches the situation with an abundance of caution, everyone would understand if they deactivated Atkins. However, Cincinnati has only played one game in Denver during Atkins' tenure in Cincinnati and he contributed with a quarterback sack, tackle for loss and an additional hit on the quarterback (aka, a typical day at the office for Atkins).

 

Reminder on sickle cell trait, possessed by Geno Atkins as Bengals prepare for Denver - Cincy Jungle

I assume we will be carrying an extra DT active this week.

I don't predict scores much. However I think the Bengals win this game 27 to 20 as long as Green and Eifert are healthy.

 

 

Is Manning starting this week?[/quote

 

I'm Shocked

 

That's funny I have seen this comment alot through the years. Usually for my predictions on how I think the Bengals will do before the season. I have comments, always the optimist, wearing bengal shaded glasses, drinking the kool aid, etc. However won't you take a lot at who has had the best track record and predicting the Bengals success over the last 5 seasons? I have some time on my hands today to pull alot of old threads up if you like, so you can see what I mean. My predictions on Bengals success has been more realistic than most peoples over the last 5 years.

 

Keep in mind also only one year did I predict a playoff win and that was the 2013 season which I was wrong. So I'm sorry if my "optimistic" view has been more realistic over the years than peoples negative view through the years.

Broncos should win because:

 

1) Broncos defense is tough. If the Bengals cannot run on the 31st ranked defense, hard to believe they run on them.

2) Not sure Geno goes because he has the same condition Ryan Clark has from what I heard. Without Geno, the second toughest loss behind AD.

3) The Broncos simply need it more.

 

The only way I see the Bengals winning is if they get a defensive or ST score(s).

 

I really really want the Bengals to win but I think it will be 10 point loss or greater.

 

Ugh I did forget about Genos condition. He definitely makes the defensive line.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.