Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals at Broncos Week 16

Featured Replies

Huh? Not as good a Johnny Manziel are you kidding me? Wow, I've heard some crazy things, but this is pretty high up there. Yeah there is a drop off from AD to AJ, but to compare him to Johnny Manziel is just laughable.

 

Umm...Manziel, 1st round draft choice, Heisman Trophy Winner, Starting NFL QB for Browns.

McCarron, 5th round draft choice, Backup QB at best in NFL.

 

Think before you post.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More on Atkins and Sickle Cell:

 

"Once I learned I had the trait I researched as much as I could and talked with the football training staff," said Atkins during the summer of 2012. "They assured me that the trait would not affect my ability to play. There were four freshmen who tested positive for the trait along with me and we were assigned a trainer who watched us closely during practice sessions and on game day. I was not treated differently by my teammates and went about my life just as I had before. One day I learned that a football player had died from complications of sickle cell trait while participating in spring practice at another university. That's when I realized that this is a serious issue and I should not take any chances with my health. I played at the highest level in college and it earned me a spot in the NFL."

 

Atkins also told the CDC in sharing his story this anecdote, "During the 2011 season we did travel to Denver to play the Broncos and that was the first time I can truly say I felt the effects of the trait. I could not breathe after a 10-play series and had to be given oxygen on the sideline."

 

Clearly, wondering if Atkins will play this Monday against the Broncos may become of interest. If Cincinnati approaches the situation with an abundance of caution, everyone would understand if they deactivated Atkins. However, Cincinnati has only played one game in Denver during Atkins' tenure in Cincinnati and he contributed with a quarterback sack, tackle for loss and an additional hit on the quarterback (aka, a typical day at the office for Atkins).

 

Reminder on sickle cell trait, possessed by Geno Atkins as Bengals prepare for Denver - Cincy Jungle

 

Hate to hear this. I see no way Cincy can play someone who is at risk. Not worth it. Denver should win the game even if he plays, so the right thing to do in this case is deactivate Atkins for the Denver game.

Hate to hear this. I see no way Cincy can play someone who is at risk. Not worth it. Denver should win the game even if he plays, so the right thing to do in this case is deactivate Atkins for the Denver game.

 

I would say the decision is ultimately up to Atkins with no pressure from the team. Or at least I hope so.

  • Author
I would say the decision is ultimately up to Atkins with no pressure from the team. Or at least I hope so.

 

Well, I only remember what happened to Clark and it was definitely a touch and go situation for him for a while. I do know that the Sickle Cell trait presents differently for those who have it. Clark might have been on the extreme side, however, if I understand correctly, there's only one way to know. And it was very rough on him when he found out. I hope Geno can play and has no issues at all.

Umm...Manziel, 1st round draft choice, Heisman Trophy Winner, Starting NFL QB for Browns.

McCarron, 5th round draft choice, Backup QB at best in NFL.

 

Think before you post.

Oh yeah, because AJ McCarron didn't have Andy Dalton in front of him. Manziel had Hoyer and McCown. Not exactly apples to apples. Also Manziel is a starting QB now. Just like McCarron is a starting QB now. And about where they were selected in the draft, how did that work out for Tom Brady? By the way McCarron has 2 national titles, while Manziel has an individual award. Seems to fit both of their personalities pretty well too. How about you think before you post. Manziel is a scrub and will be a career back up to Tony Romo after this season. McCarron will probably be a starting QB for another NFL team not named the Bengals after this year. Think before you post.

Hate to hear this. I see no way Cincy can play someone who is at risk. Not worth it. Denver should win the game even if he plays, so the right thing to do in this case is deactivate Atkins for the Denver game.

Yeah Marvin Lewis should just go into the game with the mentality that Denver is going to win and not leave the decision up to Geno. While he's at it, he should sit Green, Eifert, and Burfict just to make sure they don't get hurt. Give me a break buddy. If Geno feels comfortable playing, he should play. But don't give me this crap about a coach sitting a player because he doesn't think they're going to win. C'mon man.

  • Author
Oh yeah, because AJ McCarron didn't have Andy Dalton in front of him. Manziel had Hoyer and McCown. Not exactly apples to apples. Also Manziel is a starting QB now. Just like McCarron is a starting QB now. And about where they were selected in the draft, how did that work out for Tom Brady? By the way McCarron has 2 national titles, while Manziel has an individual award. Seems to fit both of their personalities pretty well too. How about you think before you post. Manziel is a scrub and will be a career back up to Tony Romo after this season. McCarron will probably be a starting QB for another NFL team not named the Bengals after this year. Think before you post.

Because Romo is an ironman, right?

Umm...Manziel, 1st round draft choice, Heisman Trophy Winner, Starting NFL QB for Browns.

McCarron, 5th round draft choice, Backup QB at best in NFL.

 

Think before you post.

 

You do realize if McCarron was with the Browns he is probably starting and not Johnny. The Browns were basically done with Johnny but have no choice but to play him. If McCarron was there they probably would have went with him. So weak argument.

  • Author
You do realize if McCarron was with the Browns he is probably starting and not Johnny. The Browns were basically done with Johnny but have no choice but to play him. If McCarron was there they probably would have went with him. So weak argument.
But your argument is rock solid.:lol2:
Eifert is out...

 

NFL radio reported he probably miss next two games and be back for playoffs.

Looks like Osweiller is the QB Monday Night. Not the script ESPN wanted with backup QB's but a great meaningful matchup. That is good.

Eifert is out...

 

If the NFL is serious about player safety, it needs to adopt some type of escalating punishment for those players that continually make helmet-to-helmet contact. Start with an escalating fine and, if there are multiple violations, suspend the violator.

 

Mitchell has done it over & over again throughout his career. Eifert will now miss 2 full games and 3/4 of another.

AJ leads the team to win vs Denver. He will also get the Bengals their first playoff win since before he was born.

  • Author
If the NFL is serious about player safety, it needs to adopt some type of escalating punishment for those players that continually make helmet-to-helmet contact. Start with an escalating fine and, if there are multiple violations, suspend the violator.

 

Mitchell has done it over & over again throughout his career. Eifert will now miss 2 full games and 3/4 of another.

I didn't see the game, but I thought Eifert played last weekend. I didn't know he missed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.