December 24, 201510 yr Author I know you are joking but have you seen the Saints secondary:)??? Yes, and the Steelers will give em a run.
December 24, 201510 yr Author McCarron wouldn't been drafted at all if Cincy wasn't taking a chance with a guy that didn't even make the team officially last year, spent it on practice team. Steelers organization never would have taken McCarron or someone who can't read defenses. To say he won 2 National Titles at 'Bama is all well and good, but they won cause of great defense and running backs, not AJ. Dear God, how long have you been a Steeler fan? I have a tshirt I made myself that says " I survived the Kordell years". How about Bubby Brister, he couldn't read Dr. Seuss. And let's not pretend Landry Jones is mentally picking apart NFL defenses over there while he chews his nails (seriously) while praying Ben remains upright. Hey, I'm all for the festive banter, but that statement is nuts.
December 24, 201510 yr Dear God, how long have you been a Steeler fan? I have a tshirt I made myself that says " I survived the Kordell years". How about Bubby Brister, he couldn't read Dr. Seuss. And let's not pretend Landry Jones is mentally picking apart NFL defenses over there while he chews his nails (seriously) while praying Ben remains upright. Hey, I'm all for the festive banter, but that statement is nuts. Good call.
December 25, 201510 yr Dear God, how long have you been a Steeler fan? I have a tshirt I made myself that says " I survived the Kordell years". How about Bubby Brister, he couldn't read Dr. Seuss. And let's not pretend Landry Jones is mentally picking apart NFL defenses over there while he chews his nails (seriously) while praying Ben remains upright. Hey, I'm all for the festive banter, but that statement is nuts. With all due respect, Slash Stewart was actually a WR/H-Back forced to play QB in those years for the Steelers. He did lead them to a 13-3 record one year and to the AFC finals. I was talking about a QB drafted for that position exclusively. Bubby "Brewster" aka known as Brister was a reach and not the brightest apple. That one was a bad choice. I liked Slash as a versatile player, not his fault the Defense couldn't stop the Pats in that AFC finals or we might recall Slash as a Super Bowl winner at QB.
December 26, 201510 yr Author With all due respect, Slash Stewart was actually a WR/H-Back forced to play QB in those years for the Steelers. He did lead them to a 13-3 record one year and to the AFC finals. I was talking about a QB drafted for that position exclusively. Bubby "Brewster" aka known as Brister was a reach and not the brightest apple. That one was a bad choice. I liked Slash as a versatile player, not his fault the Defense couldn't stop the Pats in that AFC finals or we might recall Slash as a Super Bowl winner at QB. Kordell was a QB at Colorado and drafted as such. They "converted" him to be a playmaker because of his athleticism. He pouted until Cowher made a poor decision and put him under center. Hate to shoot down your Zeppelin but Kordell stunk. The best defense in football carried them and he couldn't manage enough to get to the promised land. So in essence he couldn't even do what Trent freakin Dilfer did.
December 26, 201510 yr Kordell was a QB at Colorado and drafted as such. They "converted" him to be a playmaker because of his athleticism. He pouted until Cowher made a poor decision and put him under center. Hate to shoot down your Zeppelin but Kordell stunk. The best defense in football carried them and he couldn't manage enough to get to the promised land. So in essence he couldn't even do what Trent freakin Dilfer did. I did not say Slash was a good QB, only that he was a WR/H-Back type. We can disagree on this one. I would much rather have Slash on my roster than AJ McCarron though.
December 26, 201510 yr U Kordell was a QB at Colorado and drafted as such. They "converted" him to be a playmaker because of his athleticism. He pouted until Cowher made a poor decision and put him under center. Hate to shoot down your Zeppelin but Kordell stunk. The best defense in football carried them and he couldn't manage enough to get to the promised land. So in essence he couldn't even do what Trent freakin Dilfer did. I respect legit fans like you that understand football. No respect at all for honks with an agenda.
December 27, 201510 yr Dear God, how long have you been a Steeler fan? I have a tshirt I made myself that says " I survived the Kordell years". How about Bubby Brister, he couldn't read Dr. Seuss. And let's not pretend Landry Jones is mentally picking apart NFL defenses over there while he chews his nails (seriously) while praying Ben remains upright. Hey, I'm all for the festive banter, but that statement is nuts. :rolleyes: Poor pitiful Steelers fans. You all have it so rough having to suffer through Kordell Stewart. Your team didn't draft Akili freaking Smith. Give me a break.
December 27, 201510 yr Author :rolleyes: Poor pitiful Steelers fans. You all have it so rough having to suffer through Kordell Stewart. Your team didn't draft Akili freaking Smith. Give me a break. I was actually taking up for your side, but you know what? You're over the top. I'm ready for a rematch, if you even get that far.
December 27, 201510 yr I was actually taking up for your side, but you know what? You're over the top. I'm ready for a rematch, if you even get that far. Well considering that Kordell had 2 losing seasons out of 7 when he was on the Steelers and the Bengals went 14 straight years with a record of .500 or worse, I really don't think you have the right to say you "suffered." Kordell Stewart > Akili Smith, Kordell Stewart > Jeff Blake, Kordell Stewart > David Klingler. But oh yeah I'm over the top. With regards to the rematch I told you I wanted, just give me Andy.
December 27, 201510 yr Well considering that Kordell had 2 losing seasons out of 7 when he was on the Steelers and the Bengals went 14 straight years with a record of .500 or worse, I really don't think you have the right to say you "suffered." Kordell Stewart > Akili Smith, Kordell Stewart > Jeff Blake, Kordell Stewart > David Klingler. But oh yeah I'm over the top. With regards to the rematch I told you I wanted, just give me Andy. I'd forgot about those Cincy greats like Akili and Klingler. They helped Steelers fans have some great fun on Sundays years ago.
December 27, 201510 yr Well considering that Kordell had 2 losing seasons out of 7 when he was on the Steelers and the Bengals went 14 straight years with a record of .500 or worse, I really don't think you have the right to say you "suffered." Kordell Stewart > Akili Smith, Kordell Stewart > Jeff Blake, Kordell Stewart > David Klingler. But oh yeah I'm over the top. With regards to the rematch I told you I wanted, just give me Andy. You're gonna get your wish for a rematch if you can win 1 of the next 2 and the Steelers win both as they should. I think Denver beats Cincy pretty easily without Dalton and Eifert, but Bengals should be able to get by Ravens. That will set up Steelers vs. Bengals at Three Rivers Stadium SouthWest in two+ weeks. A bunch of my Steelers buddies up in Pitt. already getting ticket plans for that one if it happens. I'd estimate about 4,000 Steelers fans were here a couple of weeks ago, should be more this time.
December 27, 201510 yr You're gonna get your wish for a rematch if you can win 1 of the next 2 and the Steelers win both as they should. I think Denver beats Cincy pretty easily without Dalton and Eifert, but Bengals should be able to get by Ravens. That will set up Steelers vs. Bengals at Three Rivers Stadium SouthWest in two+ weeks. A bunch of my Steelers buddies up in Pitt. already getting ticket plans for that one if it happens. I'd estimate about 4,000 Steelers fans were here a couple of weeks ago, should be more this time. Denver should be the favorite because Dalton and Eifert are out. But what about Denver makes you think they'll beat Cincinnati easily? There offense lead by Osweiler is just as limited as Cincinnati's offense lead by McCarron. I see zero chance that either team wins by more than 4 points.
December 27, 201510 yr Author Well considering that Kordell had 2 losing seasons out of 7 when he was on the Steelers and the Bengals went 14 straight years with a record of .500 or worse, I really don't think you have the right to say you "suffered." Kordell Stewart > Akili Smith, Kordell Stewart > Jeff Blake, Kordell Stewart > David Klingler. But oh yeah I'm over the top. With regards to the rematch I told you I wanted, just give me Andy. Kordell had a top5 D each year. He sucked. I don't care who the Bengals had or didn't have. Kordell was the Steelers Akili Smith, only Cowher chose to ride that wave and had he had the sense to do something different, there might have been another Lombardi in the already full trophy case.
December 27, 201510 yr Kordell had a top5 D each year. He sucked. I don't care who the Bengals had or didn't have. Kordell was the Steelers Akili Smith, only Cowher chose to ride that wave and had he had the sense to do something different, there might have been another Lombardi in the already full trophy case. Yeah I'm sure Ravens fans have shirts that said I survived the Dilfer years. He was the product of one of the greatest defenses ever. You have 6 rings buddy, sorry if you don't get any sympathy.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.