Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals at Broncos Week 16

Featured Replies

I didn't see the game, but I thought Eifert played last weekend. I didn't know he missed.

 

Eifert did not play versus San Fran. Kroft (back up TE) scored his 1st career TD.

  • Replies 117
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Eifert did not play versus San Fran. Kroft (back up TE) scored his 1st career TD.

So this is still from concussion issues?

So this is still from concussion issues?

 

Yup.

 

Tyler Eifert remains in the league's concussion protocol and as of Tuesday has been unable to take part in football activities, so his availability remains very questionable for Monday Night's huge showdown against the Denver Broncos.

 

Wed, Dec 23: NFL Network's Rand Getlin reports Tyler Eifert (concussion) will not play Week 16 against the Broncos, and it's "possible" he doesn't play again until the playoffs.

 

Advice: The Bengals "want to do right by him," according to Getlin. Eifert has a history of neck and concussion issues, suffering a stinger in Week 12, missing Week 13, and then coming back to suffer a concussion on the first series of Week 14. With Andy Dalton (thumb) also out of the lineup and A.J. Green (back) up in the air, the Bengals may simply choose to get healthy for a playoff run. Rookie Tyler Kroft will continue to handle tight end in Eifert's absence.

More: Rand Getlin on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

 

 

Player Note Tue, Dec 22 Tyler Eifert is still in the league's concussion protocol.

 

Advice: Eifert remains without a timetable to return, but it seems likely he will miss this week. Tyler Kroft started and scored a touchdown on three targets against the 49ers, but there are better options on the wire.

More: Paul Dehner on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

  • Author

Dang, if AJ misses you're screwed.

If the NFL is serious about player safety, it needs to adopt some type of escalating punishment for those players that continually make helmet-to-helmet contact. Start with an escalating fine and, if there are multiple violations, suspend the violator.

 

Mitchell has done it over & over again throughout his career. Eifert will now miss 2 full games and 3/4 of another.

 

Agree

 

Mitchell makes over 300K a game and I feel very confident that Mitchell and the Steelers will take a fine each week of 25K (whatever it was) if it means that Mike can knock out one of the opposing teams best players.

 

I don't blame Mitchell. Like CC I blame the NFL, this is just another example of how the NFL pretends to care about something but their actions say otherwise.

 

Again, the NFL is so corrupt.

 

But I will keep watching! :eek:

Oh yeah, because AJ McCarron didn't have Andy Dalton in front of him. Manziel had Hoyer and McCown. Not exactly apples to apples. Also Manziel is a starting QB now. Just like McCarron is a starting QB now. And about where they were selected in the draft, how did that work out for Tom Brady? By the way McCarron has 2 national titles, while Manziel has an individual award. Seems to fit both of their personalities pretty well too. How about you think before you post. Manziel is a scrub and will be a career back up to Tony Romo after this season. McCarron will probably be a starting QB for another NFL team not named the Bengals after this year. Think before you post.

 

Typical Cincy fan response. McCarron has an average arm, is a terrible athlete, runs the 40 in about 5.1, and couldn't read defenses when he was in college. All of that is from the scouts insider before the NFL draft.

 

Manziel is fast, has an above average arm, and is considered high IQ with reading defenses. Same scouts insider from NFL draft.

 

I'm a Steelers fan, and trust me, I hope McCarron is in there in three weeks when we play at Three Rivers Stadium SouthWest in the 1st round. Steelers will beat them with or without Dalton, but maybe another beating with AJ in there will wake you up.

Typical Cincy fan response. McCarron has an average arm, is a terrible athlete, runs the 40 in about 5.1, and couldn't read defenses when he was in college. All of that is from the scouts insider before the NFL draft.

 

Manziel is fast, has an above average arm, and is considered high IQ with reading defenses. Same scouts insider from NFL draft.

 

I'm a Steelers fan, and trust me, I hope McCarron is in there in three weeks when we play at Three Rivers Stadium SouthWest in the 1st round. Steelers will beat them with or without Dalton, but maybe another beating with AJ in there will wake you up.

 

We certainly agree on one thing, AJ ain't no Andy.

 

Hopefully AJ "proves" us all wrong and the Bengals are resting at home during week one of the playoffs.

Yeah Marvin Lewis should just go into the game with the mentality that Denver is going to win and not leave the decision up to Geno. While he's at it, he should sit Green, Eifert, and Burfict just to make sure they don't get hurt. Give me a break buddy. If Geno feels comfortable playing, he should play. But don't give me this crap about a coach sitting a player because he doesn't think they're going to win. C'mon man.

 

You ever hear of liability and negligence? That's what I was saying. If something bad would happen to Geno, do you realize the lawsuit that could follow against the Bengals? I should have written it out so you could comprehend my statement.

We certainly agree on one thing, AJ ain't no Andy.

 

Hopefully AJ "proves" us all wrong and the Bengals are resting at home during week one of the playoffs.

 

I agree with you one hundred percent. McCarron isn't even a Johnny Football or even a Jefferson Street Joe Gilliam, for that matter!

You ever hear of liability and negligence? That's what I was saying. If something bad would happen to Geno, do you realize the lawsuit that could follow against the Bengals? I should have written it out so you could comprehend my statement.

 

I hear you but the $$$ would probably be less than the Bengals will pay Geno if he stays healthy. In other words, if Geno is in, play ball.

I agree with you one hundred percent. McCarron isn't even a Johnny Football or even a Jefferson Street Joe Gilliam, for that matter!

 

In fairness to AJ, he is one of those QBs that needs time to develop.

 

If we all lived in a world where we dumped Andy last year and AJ was the starter all last year and this year I am not so sure even you would say that.

Eifert is football's answer to UK's Skal LeSoft as Air. Both very soft, easily hurt. Some players play with broken bones and torn tendons. Eifert just in it for money. Good receiver, very soft. Hope he is able to play against the Steelers in round 1.

In fairness to AJ, he is one of those QBs that needs time to develop.

 

If we all lived in a world where we dumped Andy last year and AJ was the starter all last year and this year I am not so sure even you would say that.

 

I couldn't believe Bengals fans wanted too get rid of Dalton. He is a decent QB, very tough, and runs their offense the way you would want. He is 10 times the athlete McCarron is.

Eifert is football's answer to UK's Skal LeSoft as Air. Both very soft, easily hurt. Some players play with broken bones and torn tendons. Eifert just in it for money. Good receiver, very soft. Hope he is able to play against the Steelers in round 1.

 

I don't think the money comment is fair but he is definitely a little soft. I think some of it may be a product of his build and what he does to catch balls but either way I agree he is a little soft.

I couldn't believe Bengals fans wanted too get rid of Dalton. He is a decent QB, very tough, and runs their offense the way you would want. He is 10 times the athlete McCarron is.

 

We just want to win in the postseason like very other team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.