Bengals at Broncos Week 16

spindoc

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start. I think that it's a battle of 2 really good defenses. I think the Denver defense is on another level. Their corners all flirt with the limit of contact on every play and all can challenge the catch. Their run defense is ridiculous and the front is just spectacular. However, their offense is average and if the Bengals can stop the run, I think they can make Osweiler beat them and I'm not sure he can.

I'll take Denver in a low scoring game at home. With Dalton I'd say otherwise.

Who you got?

Denver's defense too strong for Bengals suddenly inept offense. Broncos will be in a bad mood after losing to Steelers. Denver should win this game by ten points or even two touchdowns at home. Without Dalton the Bengals hurting at QB with a backup who is not even as good as Johnny Manziel. I say Denver 31, Bengals 14.

When the Bengals line up with Tez, Rey Rey, and AJ at LB along with their DL depth they are very difficult to run on.

I hate picking against the Bengals but unless AJ McCarron has a big game I just don't see it.

I agree with you. If the Bengals lose, Steelers can win division by winning twice and Bengals dropping their last game against the Ravens. From what I can tell, the Bengals are a 1st place team in the standings looking behind themselves trying to catch up to Pitt. They hear the Steel Curtain closing in on them!

I agree with you. If the Bengals lose, Steelers can win division by winning twice and Bengals dropping their last game against the Ravens. From what I can tell, the Bengals are a 1st place team in the standings looking behind themselves trying to catch up to Pitt. They hear the Steel Curtain closing in on them!

They're not losing to the Ravens. Not happening. What's bigger for Denver is that if they lose the last two and KC doesn't, they lose that division and may not make the playoffs altogether.

Broncos should win because:

1) Broncos defense is tough. If the Bengals cannot run on the 31st ranked defense, hard to believe they run on them.

2) Not sure Geno goes because he has the same condition Ryan Clark has from what I heard. Without Geno, the second toughest loss behind AD.

3) The Broncos simply need it more.

The only way I see the Bengals winning is if they get a defensive or ST score(s).

I really really want the Bengals to win but I think it will be 10 point loss or greater.

They're not losing to the Ravens. Not happening. What's bigger for Denver is that if they lose the last two and KC doesn't, they lose that division and may not make the playoffs altogether.

I was playing with the NFL playoff machine on ESPN.com today. With their schedules and how they are playing Pittsburgh and Kansas City should both win out. If the Jets pull off an upset of New England this week and the Bengals beat the Broncos the Broncos will be out of the playoffs with a week to play.

That being said. Bengals will have to get a running game going against a very good defense to have a chance.

Just being an optimistically blind fan I take the Bengals 17-14 but obviously not with high hopes.

Here's an excerpt from the story about Ryan Clark.

Sickle cell trait is a genetic abnormality which can affect red blood cells. Clark was playing in Denver in October 2007 when he developed significant pain in his left side. He became gravely ill and ultimately lost his spleen and gall bladder, along with the remainder of that football season, as a result.