Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Odell Beckham Jr is

Featured Replies

I don't think anyone has ever been suspended for a first offense.

 

I just think there's a difference between a defender going to make a big hit and going helmet to helmet versus how OBJ did it yesterday.

  • Replies 180
  • Views 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it wasn't an unprotected blind shot to the head he wouldn't be suspended. If you don't suspend, you have Will Smith and others saying "I told you they don't care."

I just think there's a difference between a defender going to make a big hit and going helmet to helmet versus how OBJ did it yesterday.

Exactly. This was basically a dead ball situation and Norman wasn't "defenseless", he was oblivious to it coming. OBJ went Million Dollar Baby on Norman.

I personally feel a precedence will be set forth on this Situation. Either way there will be Crybabies complaining about it one way or another. If it's not dealt with accordingly buy new protocol set forth by the NFL, it will only lead to open Headhunting across the board. Way worse than it already is. And it will affect all levels of Football....IMO!

I just think there's a difference between a defender going to make a big hit and going helmet to helmet versus how OBJ did it yesterday.

 

How so? Helmet to helmet is helmet to helmet. How does one make a difference from another? Especially when you look at how Brandon Meriweather and James Harrison used to do it. Do people get suspended for hitting a defenseless receiver for the first time or is it a fine? Same thing.

 

Weren't they both fined a bunch of times before being suspended and Meriweather has been suspended multiple times because he could never quit hitting people helmet to helmet. I still think it started out with fines.

Ian Rappaport (sp?) just said that the league is considering suspension. No clue if that's true or some of his schpeel that no one can verify and if it doesn't come to pass it doesn't come back to him.

Personally I think he will get a hefty fine and that's it. I'll be scocked if he's suspended.

If they take player safety seriously they will suspend him.

How so? Helmet to helmet is helmet to helmet. How does one make a difference from another? Especially when you look at how Brandon Meriweather and James Harrison used to do it. Do people get suspended for hitting a defenseless receiver for the first time or is it a fine? Same thing.

While some of those are bad most are within the context of the play. ODJ was as dirty and cheap as it gets.

Im going to guess his season is over. Just a guess. They're going to want to set a precedent.

I'll be curious to hear if the officials are reprimanded. They were culpable.

How so? Helmet to helmet is helmet to helmet. How does one make a difference from another? Especially when you look at how Brandon Meriweather and James Harrison used to do it. Do people get suspended for hitting a defenseless receiver for the first time or is it a fine? Same thing.

 

Weren't they both fined a bunch of times before being suspended and Meriweather has been suspended multiple times because he could never quit hitting people helmet to helmet. I still think it started out with fines.

 

While some of those are bad most are within the context of the play. ODJ was as dirty and cheap as it gets.

 

HT basically answered for me before I got here.

 

With a lot of the big hits that defenders have had, you can't exactly prove intent and a lot of the times, they happen so quit that I can't always blame the defender from making helmet to helmet contact.

 

This was as blatant as it gets.

HT basically answered for me before I got here.

 

With a lot of the big hits that defenders have had, you can't exactly prove intent and a lot of the times, they happen so quit that I can't always blame the defender from making helmet to helmet contact.

 

This was as blatant as it gets.

 

I don't know about that. Go look at some Meriweather and Harrison clips on YouTube. They knew what they were doing.

 

And again, OBJ was head hunting. My question is what is the past precedence for first offense head hunting? If it is a suspension then so be it. If it is a fine then I don't think he should be treated any different than anyone else has been treated in the past for the same thing.

I don't know about that. Go look at some Meriweather and Harrison clips on YouTube. They knew what they were doing.

 

And again, OBJ was head hunting. My question is what is the past precedence for first offense head hunting? If it is a suspension then so be it. If it is a fine then I don't think he should be treated any different than anyone else has been treated in the past for the same thing.

 

I just really feel that the context of being within a play changes it to be two different things.

 

I just really feel that the context of being within a play changes it to be two different things.

 

This happened right as the play was ending and before the whistle. This wasn't a dead ball hit.

I just really feel that the context of being within a play changes it to be two different things.

 

I think folks are shocked by the violence of his cheap shot because it came from an offensive player. To me it is the same thing as hitting a defenseless receiver. Even in the context of being within a play you still have a guy being drilled in the helmet by another helmet and no opportunity to protect himself.

Btw, the refs let stuff like this go on all game before that shot. There was no no flag

 

josh-norman-body-slams-odell-beckham-jr.gif?w=1000

 

And fwiw, some giants fans that claim to be at the game say they were hitting OBJ after the play most of the game. Not an excuse but the referees did a poor job trying to stop this stuff.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.