Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Odell Beckham Jr is

Featured Replies

Btw, the refs let stuff like this go on all game before that shot. There was no no flag

 

josh-norman-body-slams-odell-beckham-jr.gif?w=1000

 

And fwiw, some giants fans that claim to be at the game say they were hitting OBJ after the play most of the game. Not an excuse but the referees did a poor job trying to stop this stuff.

I get it somewhat, but that's not even close to what he does with the head shot.

  • Replies 180
  • Views 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get it somewhat, but that's not even close to what he does with the head shot.

 

I didn't say it was.

I didn't say it was.

 

No, but you are using that try to defend it a little bit it seems. Not everything is a direct try to put words in your mouth.

 

 

Your other point, the refs did a miserable job handling the situation.

For the record, I don't think he should be suspended. I think he should receive a hefty fine. I think Norman should be fined. I think the refs should be punished.

 

Players have been caught twisting other players ankles without suspension. Heck, the "victim" Norman admitted in an interview once that he eye gouged a player at the bottom of a pile. It's a violent game and Odell let their talking get in his head. He made a mistake but he doesn't have a pattern of going after people like that.

 

No, but you are using that try to defend it a little bit. Not everything is a direct try to put words in your mouth.

 

I'm not defending anything. That's exactly what you are trying to do right now.

 

I'm saying the Panthers aren't just victims in this. They played dirty too, especially Norman.

Throwing someone down after the whistle is miles apart from a direct head shot at someone at the end of the play for no reason with the crown of your helmet.

I think folks are shocked by the violence of his cheap shot because it came from an offensive player. To me it is the same thing as hitting a defenseless receiver. Even in the context of being within a play you still have a guy being drilled in the helmet by another helmet and no opportunity to protect himself.

 

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree with it.

 

I have a hard time saying this is the same as a defender laying a hit on a WR, fast forward to 1:14:

 

Throwing someone down after the whistle is miles apart from a direct head shot at someone at the end of the play for no reason with the crown of your helmet.

 

Again, never said it was the same. I'm not sure why you want to argue that I did.

 

My point is kinda two parts. The Panthers and Norman weren't innocent victims. They talked smack and hit late (not just that play, that's just one example), they grabbed his facemask, hit him in the back after plays, all before this happened. It's not an excuse for OBJ, he shouldn't have done it. I told my wife during the game that he was acting like an idiot.

 

Second, the refs let too much go prior to this happening. Heck, they called Norman for a penalty after the head shot because he retaliated. I can't remember if penalties off set or if they missed OBJs.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree with it.

 

I have a hard time saying this is the same as a defender laying a hit on a WR, fast forward to 1:14:

 

 

 

Really? James Harrison wasn't trying to murder people with his head?

 

 

 

[video=youtube_share;6BfxMalwza4]http://youtu.be/6BfxMalwza4

Brandon Meriweather wasn't headhunting on most of his plays?

 

 

[video=youtube_share;Y87P63C4eMk]

Really? James Harrison wasn't trying to murder people with his head?

 

 

 

[video=youtube_share;6BfxMalwza4]http://youtu.be/6BfxMalwza4

 

He's making a play on the guy that has the ball in every play.

 

Already posted it in the Steelers Bengals "fine" thread. He's on the list.

 

To be suspended?

Btw, if I do think OBJ needs to learn this stuff can't happen. It's unacceptable. If he's suspended there's no better time than when the Giants are essentially eliminated.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.