Podcasts

Bipsic

Pardon My Take , the recently added Barstool sports podcast is good so far. It's PFT commenter and Big Cat from Barstool.

If you want to laugh give it a listen.

First week was a little rough, but they are finding a nice rhythm. Funny stuff...

I love "Radiolab."

Radiolab is a show about curiosity. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience.

My second favorite is "StarTalk" by Neil degrasse Tyson. A lot of it is astronomy related, but not all. Bill Nye the Science Guy is a frequent guest, sometimes is a guest host.

A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep.

:lol2:

"The City Council announces the opening of a new dog park at the corner of Earl and Sommerset, near the Ralph’s. They would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park. It is possible that you will see hooded figures in the dog park. DO NOT APPROACH THEM. DO NOT APPROACH THE DOG PARK. The fence is electrified and highly dangerous. Try not to look at the dog park, and, especially, do not look for any period of time at the hooded figures. The dog park will not harm you."

I'm hoping the wife can get tickets when they come to Louisville.

I've had a smartphone for about 2 years now and have had the ability for podcast downloads for awhile now. I started two days ago with the podcast. It's very intimidating when you find one that over an hour and there are already hundreds of episodes. Also it's intimidating to think that this 3 hour episode may stink but the next one could be awesome. I feel the overwhelming urge to start at episode one but I can't fathom listing to hundreds of two hour podcast.

My attention span is hour at most. I know you can pause and come back, but I like it over in one listening.

Either way in hooked on Matt Jones, Bill Burr, Stuff you should know, stuff you missed in history class. They're short enough to keep me intrigued without feeling overwhelmed.

I love this form of radio

:lol2:

"The City Council announces the opening of a new dog park at the corner of Earl and Sommerset, near the Ralph’s. They would like to remind everyone that dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park. It is possible that you will see hooded figures in the dog park. DO NOT APPROACH THEM. DO NOT APPROACH THE DOG PARK. The fence is electrified and highly dangerous. Try not to look at the dog park, and, especially, do not look for any period of time at the hooded figures. The dog park will not harm you."

I'm hoping the wife can get tickets when they come to Louisville.

They were here last spring and I missed it. Bummed me out I tell you.

If you haven't read or listened to the book, you might not be able to completely understand some of the podcasts released after the book came out. Then again, it is Night Vale.

By the way, Cecil is looking for another intern. Interested?

If you haven't read or listened to the book, you might not be able to completely understand some of the podcasts released after the book came out. Then again, it is Night Vale.

Only thing that has confused me so far was the Alice Isn't Dead previews and podcast in the nightvale feed.

Looks like the wife did get tickets so I'll be seeing their live show in Louisville in 10 days.

• 2 weeks later...
Pardon My Take , the recently added Barstool sports podcast is good so far. It's PFT commenter and Big Cat from Barstool.

If you want to laugh give it a listen.

I've done a 180 on this one. Big Cat is great as always. PFT is awful, just not that funny in that format. I probably won't be tuning in anymore unless PFT is replaced or Big Cat goes solo.