Podcasts

Bipsic

"The Thing About Pam" is a twisty story & is produced by Dateline. I thought it ended rather abruptly, but it's a quick & interesting listen.

I felt like it promised more than it delivered. Yes, there were twists (sort of), but no big gut punch. With that said, I did enjoy it.

• 1 month later...

Bill Simmons has a new podcast called "Book of Basketball 2.0" which I've enjoyed listening to. It's basically a sequel to his book that he wrote about 10 years ago. I'm thinking of potentially buying the book after listening to this.

It's a similar format to his Rewatchables podcast, if you're familiar with that one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Man in the Window" is one of the best True Crime investigative podcasts that I've heard. It's about the Golden State Killer. So much detail and information. I was really surprised by the way in which the crimes were "investigated" as well as punishments for those crimes at the time. Did you know that in the 1970s in California (probably other places) that someone stealing a shovel off your front porch would receive more jail time than if he raped your daughter?

@Randy Parker, I think that you will like this one.

Over My Dead Body- True crime podcast about 2 different people who have private zoos (mainly Tigers), and how they became enemies and a murder plot. Interesting and well done by the journalist who covered it. Joe Exotic is definitely a character.

The Mysterious Mr. Epstein- Self explanatory

To Live and Die in LA- True crime about the disappearance of an aspiring model and actess in LA. Pretty solid. 12 main episodes and bonus episodes.

American Scandal- I have really liked this podcast. Each season covers a different scandal in America. Each season is relatively short.

Season 1: BALCO (steroids in sports), Season 3: Iran Contra, Season 4: Exxon Valdez (major oil spill in Alaska), Season 5: Hare Krishna Murders, Season 6: Payola (radio pay for play), Season 8: Tuskegee Syphilis Study, Season 9: The Standoff at Wounded Knee, Season 10: Enron, Season 11: New York State of Crime (Covers Eliot Spitzer's time as governor of New York), Season 12: The Plame Affair.

"Man in the Window" is one of the best True Crime investigative podcasts that I've heard. It's about the Golden State Killer. So much detail and information. I was really surprised by the way in which the crimes were "investigated" as well as punishments for those crimes at the time. Did you know that in the 1970s in California (probably other places) that someone stealing a shovel off your front porch would receive more jail time than if he raped your daughter?

@Randy Parker, I think that you will like this one.

I've seen that, but never listened to it. Thanks for the heads up. :thumb:

"Monster: The DC Sniper" podcast is pretty good. It's 5 episodes in.

Love it!!!!! Fantastic listen.

Have either of you listened to Atlanta Monster or Monster: The Zodiac Killer? I believe they were done by the same creators and didn't know if they were worth a listen or not. I haven't started DC Sniper, but it is on my list.

Have either of you listened to Atlanta Monster or Monster: The Zodiac Killer? I believe they were done by the same creators and didn't know if they were worth a listen or not. I haven't started DC Sniper, but it is on my list.

I have not listened to either of those, but I will search them in iHeartRadio and make sure I check them out.

I have not listened to either of those, but I will search them in iHeartRadio and make sure I check them out.

I haven't listened to the other two either. I will have to check them out.

• 3 weeks later...