Podcasts

Bipsic

I’m prepared for the backlash on this one because of my fandom and what listening to this podcast sort of alludes to me doing. But Zach Smith. Yes THE Zach Smith. Aka the ex Ohio State recievers coach who was at the center of the domestic abuse scandal last year. He has started a podcast and it’s actually pretty decent. Zach was in and around some of the best teams and players in college football history and is able to give some incredible insight into the sport that we haven’t had much access to in the past. The podcast is far from perfect and yes the first couple episodes do dive in a little bit to the domestic abuse case with his ex wife. Once you get past that, it’s a very entertaining listen for any college football diehard. Particularly for fans of teams in the Big 10 and SEC. If you’re a Texas fan I would stay away but I think most fans would at least find it entertaining. The podcast is called Menace 2 Society and is on all the major podcast outlets. I struggled myself about whether or not I wanted to give this guy any attention, but he has insight into my favorite sport and favorite team that I wouldn’t be able to get elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

I have a new one that I love. "This Podcast Will Kill You" is extremely interesting. It is about diseases and the podcasters talk about the biology, the history, literature, cultural effects, and everything else. So far, I've listened to podcasts about the 1918 Influenza epidemic, small pox, the bubonic plaque and leprosy. Fascinating and entertaining!

• 2 weeks later...
Brand new podcast called "Bardstown" will release its first episode on August 28th. It's focusing on the five murders that have occurred in the town since 2013. There's a short trailer that has been released, if you want to listen. I've already subscribed.

Maybe @Jim Schue has more info on this?

First I've heard of it.

Brand new podcast called "Bardstown" will release its first episode on August 28th. It's focusing on the five murders that have occurred in the town since 2013. There's a short trailer that has been released, if you want to listen. I've already subscribed.

Maybe @Jim Schue has more info on this?

Right up my alley. I just subscribed. Tomorrow is the day!

I listened to it on the way into work. Excellent podcast. After listening to it, I feel as though I know Officer Ellis a little bit better.

I'm going to listen to the first one later tonight. I'm torn because I am halfway through a really good book, but I want to listen to this too.

I listened to it on the way into work. Excellent podcast. After listening to it, I feel as though I know Officer Ellis a little bit better.

I thought both episodes were good. They haven't really gotten into the other murders besides Officer Ellis, so I imagine this will be a lengthy series.

• 2 weeks later...