Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Stiff left forearm, below the elbow. "Should" be ready tonight.

 

I hope he doesn't need a DL trip -- my ticker can't take it.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, at work where the internet works:madman: :madman:

First, I would split the decision between Harang (who was masterful) and Brandon Phillips. Offense aside(which was huge last night), I have to say that the 2 highlight reel plays BP made ( the turn on the throw from Rich for the DP and the over the shoulder catch to prevent a run) were spectacular. There are only a handful of guys in the league that could make either of those plays. On a side note, I expected Cowboy to look like a 9y.o. facing his first 12y.o. little league pitcher last night(which he did not disappoint), but Jr. looked like manure. I can't recall a funk for him quite like this one. I understand we're talking about facing the Rocket, but he has solid career stats against him and 90 ABs, this wasn't the first county fair for Jr. against him. On the other hand, nearly everyone else looked like professional hitters against him, Hatteburg, Rich, BP, Dunner, all looked like our lineup should. I know we only put up 2, but against the Rocket, I thought we banged out some decent offense, just missed a few opportunities.

 

 

I also would subtly like to wish the best for Bronson in his 7th attempt for 10.

Finally, at work where the internet works:madman: :madman:

First, I would split the decision between Harang (who was masterful) and Brandon Phillips. Offense aside(which was huge last night), I have to say that the 2 highlight reel plays BP made ( the turn on the throw from Rich for the DP and the over the shoulder catch to prevent a run) were spectacular. There are only a handful of guys in the league that could make either of those plays. On a side note, I expected Cowboy to look like a 9y.o. facing his first 12y.o. little league pitcher last night(which he did not disappoint), but Jr. looked like manure. I can't recall a funk for him quite like this one. I understand we're talking about facing the Rocket, but he has solid career stats against him and 90 ABs, this wasn't the first county fair for Jr. against him. On the other hand, nearly everyone else looked like professional hitters against him, Hatteburg, Rich, BP, Dunner, all looked like our lineup should. I know we only put up 2, but against the Rocket, I thought we banged out some decent offense, just missed a few opportunities.

 

 

I also would subtly like to wish the best for Bronson in his 7th attempt for 10.

Good post doc!! and 100% correct in your assessment. Phillips was a steal for the Reds.The double play was unreal. It was a great game to watch.AH showed a lot of guts and did not seem to be intimidated by the Rockets Red Glare. Griff was 3 seconds behind every pitch so maybe he is hurt again (DUH). Also Aurillia (spelling) made a great play at 3rd.

Good post doc!! and 100% correct in your assessment. Phillips was a steal for the Reds.The double play was unreal. It was a great game to watch.AH showed a lot of guts and did not seem to be intimidated by the Rockets Red Glare. Griff was 3 seconds behind every pitch so maybe he is hurt again (DUH). Also Aurillia (spelling) made a great play at 3rd.

You beat me to giving doc the :thumb: on that post cville. Both of you had very good observations / post.:thumb:

Finally, at work where the internet works:madman: :madman:

First, I would split the decision between Harang (who was masterful) and Brandon Phillips. Offense aside(which was huge last night), I have to say that the 2 highlight reel plays BP made ( the turn on the throw from Rich for the DP and the over the shoulder catch to prevent a run) were spectacular. There are only a handful of guys in the league that could make either of those plays. On a side note, I expected Cowboy to look like a 9y.o. facing his first 12y.o. little league pitcher last night(which he did not disappoint), but Jr. looked like manure. I can't recall a funk for him quite like this one. I understand we're talking about facing the Rocket, but he has solid career stats against him and 90 ABs, this wasn't the first county fair for Jr. against him. On the other hand, nearly everyone else looked like professional hitters against him, Hatteburg, Rich, BP, Dunner, all looked like our lineup should. I know we only put up 2, but against the Rocket, I thought we banged out some decent offense, just missed a few opportunities.

 

 

I also would subtly like to wish the best for Bronson in his 7th attempt for 10.

Marty gave Phillips props for the DP but indicated that he had to make the over the shoulder catch because he had misjudged the ball.

 

Also, glad to see Bray have a good showing.

On Coffey closing last night, I thought "baseball guy" was giving Eddie an extra day-off since the Astros had a less threatening part of their lineup due in the 9th and they hadn't hit all night. I was just guessing.

 

Yet, it was great to see Bray get the job done.

 

If Narron was looking to boost a reliever's confidence last night, it was Bray that benefitted, and right now, I'd take Bray in any situation in a setup role over Majewski and Coffey.

 

Majewskis and Coffey are suffering from the same problem - and it starts in the head.

Marty gave Phillips props for the DP but indicated that he had to make the over the shoulder catch because he had misjudged the ball.

 

Also, glad to see Bray have a good showing.

I watched the game and saw the replay a dozen times, and I didn't think he misjudged it at all, batter took a big swing, he got a good jump and made a spectacular catch. Saved a run and possibly the game.

 

I also think that we perhaps have just witnessed the closer of the future, Bray! He's nasty!

BP almost cost them a run too. He's lucky the first baseman didn't look him back to third a little better.

BP almost cost them a run too. He's lucky the first baseman didn't look him back to third a little better.

Look him back to what? No one was covering 3rd...

Look him back to what? No one was covering 3rd...

 

Doesn't matter. The third baseman's on his way back on a bunt down the first baseline. Harang took 42 seconds to get to first. Bad baseball all around.

 

If he takes one good look at third 1 of 2 things happens. 1) BP doesn't score or 2) BP gets thrown out at home.

Doesn't matter. The third baseman's on his way back on a bunt down the first baseline. Harang took 42 seconds to get to first. Bad baseball all around.

 

If he takes one good look at third 1 of 2 things happens. 1) BP doesn't score or 2) BP gets thrown out at home.

He stayed even with Huff, and when Lamb gave a weak look back, he took off...

Doesn't matter. The third baseman's on his way back on a bunt down the first baseline. Harang took 42 seconds to get to first. Bad baseball all around.

 

If he takes one good look at third 1 of 2 things happens. 1) BP doesn't score or 2) BP gets thrown out at home.

He did look him back, his problem was he never stopped him, you're correct in the fact he had a week to get Harang. BP did exactly what you're supposed to do and that is follow the 3rd baseman as far as he goes down the line. Astros had the wheel play (s.s. to cover 2nd, 2Baseman to 1st, corners charge) and the firstbaseman didn't stop him. Perfect baserunning!

He stayed even with Huff, and when Lamb gave a weak look back, he took off...

 

Which is where he got lucky. ;)

 

I'm sure that's not what Narron thought about when he gave Harang the bunt sign.

He did look him back, his problem was he never stopped him, you're correct in the fact he had a week to get Harang. BP did exactly what you're supposed to do and that is follow the 3rd baseman as far as he goes down the line. Astros had the wheel play (s.s. to cover 2nd, 2Baseman to 1st, corners charge) and the firstbaseman didn't stop him. Perfect baserunning!

 

Actually, perfect baserunning would've been to go when the bunt was laid down considering it was a safety squeeze.;) No way they try to throw him out at the plate.

Which is where he got lucky. ;)

 

I'm sure that's not what Narron thought about when he gave Harang the bunt sign.

If Lamb gives a longer look, he keeps moving with Huff. He didn't break until Lamb turned his back...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.