July 20, 200620 yr there were 2 outs, you don't remove your best pitcher from a game in that situation. He was going with his heart again and felt Arroyo deserved a chance to drive the run in. He did have those two HR's awhile ago.
July 20, 200620 yr Geez boys. Just got back from a meeting and reading this thread you would've thought the Reds were down 4 with bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs. It is 2-2, correct?
July 20, 200620 yr There's not a manager alive who would have done anything different. There isn't a manager alive that would go for a run with the basses loaded and facing a future HOFer throwing well and set to go 8? RIGHT...
July 20, 200620 yr I would have stayed with Arroyo in that situation. With this game being played close to the best you never know how much you may need your bullpen for later innings. Watching the game, Aurillia got a terrible jump for a runner that is going on contact. He was going back to the bag instead of breaking for home when the ball first came off the bat.
July 20, 200620 yr I'll take him over a pitcher any day of the week. I would too, I just feel like I should usually disagree with you as it has been lately.
July 20, 200620 yr There isn't a manager alive that would go for a run with the basses loaded and facing a future HOFer throwing well and set to go 8? RIGHT... I know you seem to feign some sort of baseball genius, but you don't lose if they don't score, you did play didn't you?
July 20, 200620 yr Excellent bunt for a sacrifice for Denorfia. It's up to the middle of the order now.
July 20, 200620 yr I know you seem to feign some sort of baseball genius, but you don't lose if they don't score, you did play didn't you? So after 7 scoreless last night, you are saying that the pen would have FOR SURE given up runs? Thanks Ms Cleo...
July 20, 200620 yr There's not a manager alive who would have done anything different. Captain Hook would've done it. :ylsuper:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.