Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Delgado/Wright/Floyd in the 9th...

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Reds give up 2 everyday players for bullpen help.

 

The Braves give up their #20 minor league prospect for a closer like Bob Wickman.

 

 

Wickman is 36 while Bray is 23 and Majeski 25. I believe Wickman is a free agent at the end of the year also.

That was a waste of a possibly good inning. :madman:

That was a waste of a possibly good inning. :madman:

3 in a row. Wish they could have scored in the 6th... :fire:

I don't like the looks of this inning. :scared:

Wickman is 36 while Bray is 23 and Majeski 25. I believe Wickman is a free agent at the end of the year also.

 

We got "2" relievers basically in the trade for "2" everyday starters. We needed bullpen help, no doubt. But did we pay too much when the Braves can get Wickman for nothing?

 

Yes, it's like the Eddie deal. Yet do you see the Braves trading regulars for bullpen pitchers?

 

I was all for this trade a week ago because I had hoped the Reds were clearing salary to add another starter. I'm beginning to believe the trade for a starter will not be happening, thus, I think we were took.

We got "2" relievers basically in the trade for "2" everyday starters. We needed bullpen help, no doubt. But did we pay too much when the Braves can get Wickman for nothing?

 

Yes, it's like the Eddie deal. Yet do you see the Braves trading regulars for bullpen pitchers?

 

I was all for this trade a week ago because I had hoped the Reds were clearing salary to add another starter. I'm beginning to believe the trade for a starter will not be happening, thus, I think we were took.

 

So complain about Bowden and O'Brien not leaving anything in the minors worth using to trade...

 

That's the beauty of a farm system, you can use them without affecting the big club.

We got "2" relievers basically in the trade for "2" everyday starters. We needed bullpen help, no doubt. But did we pay too much when the Braves can get Wickman for nothing?

 

Yes, it's like the Eddie deal. Yet do you see the Braves trading regulars for bullpen pitchers?

 

I was all for this trade a week ago because I had hoped the Reds were clearing salary to add another starter. I'm beginning to believe the trade for a starter will not be happening, thus, I think we were took.

If the Braves wanted live young arms, they would have to pay the going rate. Wickman is in a contract year, and the Tribe was happy to get anything in return...

No #10 today either :cry:

I don't like the looks of this inning. :scared:

 

 

 

Good job Eddie. :dancingpa :dancingpa Now let's get a run. Another walk-off by the Big Donkey would be nice.

Nice work Eddie. Deno/Dunn/Rich on the way...

If the Braves wanted live young arms, they would have to pay the going rate. Wickman is in a contract year, and the Tribe was happy to get anything in return...

 

If you knew Wickman was up for grabs, would you have taken him, along with Eddie instead of trading Kearns/Lopez for Majewski/Bray?

The last time I saw Wickman he was giving up 210 runs to the Reds in the 9th inning.

 

By the way the Reds also got Clayton in the deal. The last time I checked he plays everyday. For years all you read was that Lopez couldn't field and Kearns couldn't stay healthy. The miniute you trade them they become irreplaceable.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.