Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Maybe, but it would only be a short term answer. One of the main reasons I liked the Bray/Majewski move is that they will be here a while...

 

For the short term - YES.

 

I do think Bray is a stud and Majewski is an innings eater. It was just a lot to give up for the future.

 

Ricky P. - I know Clayton is here, but come the end of October, he won't be. Clayton was a throw-in and frankly, we have Castro if you want someone with a glove for defense. Plus, Castro has more power at least recently. :sssh:

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a bad call my friends. Denorfia was safe. :madman: :madman: :fight:

It was just a lot to give up for the future.

I think that with playing in GASP, offensive numbers are easier to replace. Strong young pitching is how you win with a limited budget. Lopez is a Boras client, and he wasn't staying for below market value. I guarantee that...

Hatte for E-5 hasn't worked as planned...

I think that with playing in GASP, offensive numbers are easier to replace. Strong young pitching is how you win with a limited budget. Lopez is a Boras client, and he wasn't staying for below market value. I guarantee that...

 

Excellent point about Boras, GT. Lopez also has a questionable attitude. I think both long and short term this is a good trade. Not a bad trade for Washington either.

Gonna get to grack open that pen now boys! :D

Gonna get to grack open that pen now boys! :D

A run in the 6th would have been nice, don't ya think??? :p:D

I think that with playing in GASP, offensive numbers are easier to replace. Strong young pitching is how you win with a limited budget. Lopez is a Boras client, and he wasn't staying for below market value. I guarantee that...

 

Good point. :thumb:

 

I wasn't against dumping Lopez while he still has some market value. Wagner was a head case. I just hated losing Kearns.

 

No way we could afford to keep both Kearns and Lopez.

 

What can say about Kearns that's bad? Is he replaceable? Yes.

 

Are solid bullpen pitchers hard to come by? Yes.

 

Yet for an immediate solution, Wickman was cheaper. You always have the offseason to deal with the future.

A run in the 6th would have been nice, don't ya think??? :p:D

 

or the 7th or 8th.

Good point. :thumb:

 

I wasn't against dumping Lopez while he still has some market value. Wagner was a head case. I just hated losing Kearns.

 

No way we could afford to keep both Kearns and Lopez.

 

What can say about Kearns that's bad? Is he replaceable? Yes.

 

Are solid bullpen pitchers hard to come by? Yes.

 

Yet for an immediate solution, Wickman was cheaper. You always have the offseason to deal with the future.

 

I hate to see Kearns go also. Given he is a KY boy etc. But it is the nature of the business. I think the Reds got alot better arms than Wickman.

A run in the 6th would have been nice, don't ya think??? :p:D

And in the probable event we didn't score then either, it's hard tellin' who'd be on the hill at this point,,,,,come to think of it, we may not have made it to this point....You wanted Juan Castro,,,,consider that for a nanosecond!!!!

Let's hope Majewski shows why the Reds traded for him. He has been anything but spectacular so far for the Reds.

Good point. :thumb:

 

I wasn't against dumping Lopez while he still has some market value. Wagner was a head case. I just hated losing Kearns.

 

No way we could afford to keep both Kearns and Lopez.

 

What can say about Kearns that's bad? Is he replaceable? Yes.

 

Are solid bullpen pitchers hard to come by? Yes.

 

Yet for an immediate solution, Wickman was cheaper. You always have the offseason to deal with the future.

 

 

I can see your argument. I wish we would have had the chance to see the ownership group take over about 3 or 4 months earlier than they did. I think you'd have seen more than a few changes before Camp even started...

That ball has to be caught. Denorfia calls of Phillips, and then doesn't make the catch. :fight: :fight:

That ball has to be caught. Denorfia calls of Phillips, and then doesn't make the catch. :fight: :fight:

Is the game on?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.