Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Went to the game with my son tonight and this is a manager's loss. While Milton threw the pitch, he shouldn't have been on the mound against Beltran.

 

Some other observations:

If 6 of the same gender get up to go to the bathroom together with bases loaded and Beltran up, I will jump to the conclusion, you aren't at the game because you are a baseball fan.

 

Black dress socks with khaki shorts is still not a fashionable look and probably never will be.

 

The Wave and YMCA still gets the fans up better than almost anything else during the game.

 

I miss the cutout dirt areas from Riverfront. When Phillips was leading off, my son and I were talking about it and I fondly remembered Marty talking about Joe Morgan and when he really had a read on a pitcher, he would have both feet on the turf.

 

2 $5 tickets and $5 dollar parking, total $15.

1 44 oz. diet drink, $5.50 and 1 32 oz Jr. souvenier cup, $6.50, total $12.00.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the Reds seem to pitch around LaDuca (sp) to get to Beltran? I know he's having a good year, but that's what it looked like and I questioned it outloud.

Did the Reds seem to pitch around LaDuca (sp) to get to Beltran? I know he's having a good year, but that's what it looked like and I questioned it outloud.

I didn't think so watching it...

Did the Reds seem to pitch around LaDuca (sp) to get to Beltran? I know he's having a good year, but that's what it looked like and I questioned it outloud.

 

Thats what they seem to think on the radio

Something wrong with Ryan Freel? Doesn't Valentin stand a better a chance against the RH starter? Does Phillips need to sit a day to get out of his funk? And is Jr. incapable of sticking his bat out there and justing poking one out into left field. If Narroon keeps making bad managerial decisions and Jr. doesnt start carrying this team the "trade" is useless and the Reds go nowhere. Watch out here come the Braves.

"Beltran can hit anybody," Narron said. "It was going to be (Bill) Bray or Miltie. I thought (Milton) deserved a shot at it."

 

 

Apparently, the Reds are now offering merit badges.

Okay, question that needs to be debated on here regarding Reds' prospects:

 

Obviously, everyone is very high on Joey Votto. Now, since we can assume (especially after the trade) that Dunn probably isn't going anywhere, and since we can assume that Encarnacion "may" end up at 1B (especially since they moved Aaron Herr to 3B), will Votto ever be a fixture on this roster? Additionally, remember, Votto is a slugging left-hander -- would they want two of them in the order together?

 

My point is this, I doubt you'll see him in the line-up as a fixture, and if that's the case, do you think the Reds are willing to deal him for a front-line pitcher? The Giants (hanging on to hope -- so sue me) have clearly lost faith in Lance Niekro.

"Beltran can hit anybody," Narron said. "It was going to be (Bill) Bray or Miltie. I thought (Milton) deserved a shot at it."

 

 

Apparently, the Reds are now offering merit badges.

It's easy to say in hindsight, and I apologize in advance for that, but when you have a guy at the plate the caliber of and playing as well as Beltran, you have to go to the pen for him. You know that eventually Milton is gonna clean out his closet ( donate a hanger ) and Beltran's eyes lit up like a pinball machine. I like our chances with our 2 studs in the next 2 however!

 

P.S. Junior is currently in a major funk, perhaps worse than BP, and I think he needs a day or two to rest his weary bones. I downsized the comment in fear that LBBC would rake on me for hacking on Jr.

Question #2 to ponder today:

 

Lee May's numbers with the Reds:

761 games

2,841 at-bats

395 runs

779 hits

.274 avg

.317 on-base

147 home runs

449 rbi

178 bb's

 

Dunn's numbers thus far with the Reds:

754 games

2,606 at-bats

486 runs

648 hits

.249 avg

.383 on-base

188 home runs

439 rbi

531 bb's

 

Now I understand the factors (new stadium, hitter friendly parks everywhere, pitching is diluted, etc.), however, if Dunn was traded tomorrow would he eventually be enshrined in the Reds' Hall of Fame? I guess so...

 

Lastly, let me again (I guess the first time on BGP) voice my distaste for Seaver going in the Reds' Hall. I'm among the few on here old enough to remember fondly Tom Terriffic pitching for the Reds, and he was great. But, a pitcher being here for 5 1/2 years doesn't make them Hall-worthy IMHO. Tom is a Met. Heck, a large part of his speech was about FACING the Reds. I just think it lessens the Reds' Hall if a guy who is legendary in another city, and spent 5 1/2 years here, is enshrined. Off my soap-box.

Question

 

Now I understand the factors (new stadium, hitter friendly parks everywhere, pitching is diluted, etc.), however, if Dunn was traded tomorrow would he eventually be enshrined in the Reds' Hall of Fame? I guess so...

 

Lastly, let me again (I guess the first time on BGP) voice my distaste for Seaver going in the Reds' Hall. I'm among the few on here old enough to remember fondly Tom Terriffic pitching for the Reds, and he was great. But, a pitcher being here for 5 1/2 years doesn't make them Hall-worthy IMHO. Tom is a Met. Heck, a large part of his speech was about FACING the Reds. I just think it lessens the Reds' Hall if a guy who is legendary in another city, and spent 5 1/2 years here, is enshrined. Off my soap-box.

My answer to question #1 about Dunn is NO. My comment about yours on Seaver is that I can see what you are saying as far as time (years with team) wise but I however agree 100% with Seaver being in the Reds hof bc he was there at a time when his efforts, greatness contributed to much better teams and MUCH more sucsess with his outsanding (hof) pitching performances.

It's easy to say in hindsight, and I apologize in advance for that, but when you have a guy at the plate the caliber of and playing as well as Beltran, you have to go to the pen for him. You know that eventually Milton is gonna clean out his closet ( donate a hanger ) and Beltran's eyes lit up like a pinball machine.

 

:thumb: He did throw up a batting practice meatball to him. I think the call to the pen definately should had been made. At least that is my 2 cents.

If Milton did not have a history of giving up HR's as often as GT has a history of riling up UK fans, I would agree with Narron. But with what we know of Milton before the AB, I can't see it.

 

He made a big deal throughout this year about having Coffey available to come in at anytime during the game in intense key moments. 7th inning, 2 out, bases loaded with one of the best RBI men and power hitters in the NL at the plate, and after the Reds had made a big momentum move scoring 2 in the previous 1/2 inning. I would say that could be a instense, key moment.

 

As far as Jr and rest, ummm, Monday was an off day and that came less than 1 week after a 3 day off time. He is slumping, granted. My son and I talked about how last night was an awful, awful night at the plate for him.

 

 

I also wonder if last night's game saw the most fielding shifts in the history of one game. Shift for Dunn and Jr. Shift for Delgado. At one point on Jr., David Wright was closer to 2B than Jose Reyes. I can see how it is very, very difficult for Dunn and Jr. to get a hit towards RF. That first double play ball was a shot that almost took the pitcher's head off and SS fielded directly behind 2B.

 

Lastly, stat on the Jumbotron for your "Good ole Country Boy" haters. Reds pitchers 6 complete games. Larue has been the catcher for 4 of those.

Lastly, stat on the Jumbotron for your "Good ole Country Boy" haters. Reds pitchers 6 complete games. Larue has been the catcher for 4 of those.

This IMO means that the pitching was good enough on those 4 nights to not need to pinch-hit/double switch for him.;)

 

 

 

.194

This IMO means that the pitching was good enough on those 4 nights to not need to pinch-hit/double switch for him.;)

 

 

 

.194

Interesting that nothing in Ross' or Phillips' MAJOR league experience indicates that what they are doing this year is norm for them but fans are willing to jump on their bandwagon and build this club around them.

 

And yet, nothing in Larue's MAJOR league experience indicates that 194 is norm for him and the fans are ready to get rid of him as soon as possible.

Interesting that nothing in Ross' or Phillips' MAJOR league experience indicates that what they are doing this year is norm for them but fans are willing to jump on their bandwagon and build this club around them.

 

And yet, nothing in Larue's MAJOR league experience indicates that 194 is norm for him and the fans are ready to get rid of him as soon as possible.

Personally, I thought that was one of the worst deals our former GM authored was the salary they offerred Larue. It's not that I dislike Larue, only that he is overpaid per his performance. FWIW, I would give neither Ross nor Phillips the deal Larue currently has. He once was at the top of the League defensively. He is still very good IMO defensively. Offensively, we have less expensive, better offensive options. After the 3rd person interview, I lost any "love" I had for Jason. Jason's opinion of Jason is in the minority I believe. I'd send him packing if I were GM in the event the deal was right. I'd have to bet that Wayne has more than likely shopped him, but with that pricetag, I imagine we'll see him all year here, hovering around the Mendoza.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.