Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

For those of you who were crying for the Reds to sign Jeff Weaver. In his Cardinals debut he gave up 6 runs on 8 hits (2 homers) in 4 innings of work.

I was never wanting Weaver, he just has never really impressed me all that much.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see the Reds pick up a 1/2 game on the Cards tonight. Lets keep the win streak going tomorrow against the tough Mets

I know, we are starting off great and we have been winning, I just hope we can at least win 3 of the next 6 and keep it close with the Cards. The Mets are tough and I know we can beat the Brewers, as a Beer Vender at the Stadium it is sad to see the numbers over at the stadium some nights, 18,000 last thurs. We need to get behind this team and give them a fan base. They are not used to playing for something in the 2nd half of the season.

2 1/2 lead in the Wild Card, 3 1/2 behind the Cards! Let's go Reds!!!!

I know, we are starting off great and we have been winning, I just hope we can at least win 3 of the next 6 and keep it close with the Cards. The Mets are tough and I know we can beat the Brewers, as a Beer Vender at the Stadium it is sad to see the numbers over at the stadium some nights, 18,000 last thurs. We need to get behind this team and give them a fan base. They are not used to playing for something in the 2nd half of the season.

2 1/2 lead in the Wild Card, 3 1/2 behind the Cards! Let's go Reds!!!!

I agree:thumb: :thumb:

Man, you beer vendors sure do stay up late!

Two posts and no mention of Rick Monday?

 

Rick wasn't there for the classic battles from 1972 through 1976.

Rick wasn't there for the classic battles from 1972 through 1976.

He was a Cub then, first season with the Dodgers was '77, still didn't like him;)

Anyone know how early the gates open before a Reds game?

So with last week's trade, does anybody else think the move was made to help clear some salary so that the Reds could secure a starting pitcher for the stretch run and then re-sign him in the offseason if he was effective?

 

New York Post: "Rodrigo Lopez is very available... The Yanks and, especially, the Mets have been intrigued... The Cardinals, Reds, Padres, Rockies and Diamondbacks are intrigued enough that they are talking to Baltimore about Lopez.”

 

Lopez: (6-10 6.44 ERA) Guy has a high ERA career wise, yet has won 15 games twice and 14 once. Sounds like another Eric Milton though, he's allowed 21 homeruns this season already. He makes $3.7 million.

So with last week's trade, does anybody else think the move was made to help clear some salary so that the Reds could secure a starting pitcher for the stretch run and then re-sign him in the offseason if he was effective?

 

New York Post: "Rodrigo Lopez is very available... The Yanks and, especially, the Mets have been intrigued... The Cardinals, Reds, Padres, Rockies and Diamondbacks are intrigued enough that they are talking to Baltimore about Lopez.”

 

Lopez: (6-10 6.44 ERA) Guy has a high ERA career wise, yet has won 15 games twice and 14 once. Sounds like another Eric Milton though, he's allowed 21 homeruns this season already. He makes $3.7 million.

I am enforcing the "best interest of baseball" rule and using our BGP clout to veto this trade if we have truly inquired. So far, moving guys with high ernies and a propensity for the long ball into our crackerbox hasn't worked out too well! Especially with that salary or more!

Since this will be the first offseason with Krivsky and Castellini "together", I think things will get real interesting.

I am enforcing the "best interest of baseball" rule and using our BGP clout to veto this trade if we have truly inquired. So far, moving guys with high ernies and a propensity for the long ball into our crackerbox hasn't worked out too well! Especially with that salary or more!

 

I would be against this trade as well. The market is very thin when teams are fighting for a guy like Lopez.

Since this will be the first offseason with Krivsky and Castellini "together", I think things will get real interesting.

I agree 100%...

I would be against this trade as well. The market is very thin when teams are fighting for a guy like Lopez.

 

You're not kidding :creepy:

I agree 100%...

 

I'm trying to think of how many guys on the current roster that they'll NOT consider trading for quality pitching. Griffey, Dunn, Phillips...

 

 

I think it's going to be an offseason where no one will feel secure about their status in Cincinnati. That's never a bad thing...every once in a while.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.