Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Makes sense RBI-wise. Hitting after Griffey didn't leave him much to drive in. Grif's OBP is barely over .300.

That only works if the bottom of the lineup gets on base. The guys hitting in the 6/7/8 spots have been doing their job as well...

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes sense RBI-wise. Hitting after Griffey didn't leave him much to drive in. Grif's OBP is barely over .300.

Creative dig at Griffey but the point was that Dunn's BATTING AVERAGE with RISP was up in the 2nd position and not the TOTAL number of RBI's.

Creative dig at Griffey but the point was that Dunn's BATTING AVERAGE with RISP was up in the 2nd position and not the TOTAL number of RBI's.

I truly wasn't intending a dig on Jr., only to say that his OBP is as poor as I can remember. Adam hitting in the 4 hole was behind a guy that is hitting .256ish and doesn't walk much. In the 2 hole he gets a guy usually that is on base and can get in scoring position. I also agree that the bottom of the order has been on in front of him. That why I believe the bottom is as important as the top to turn the lineup over with someone on the sacks. This in spite of our sub-Mendoza catcher!

I truly wasn't intending a dig on Jr., only to say that his OBP is as poor as I can remember. Adam hitting in the 4 hole was behind a guy that is hitting .256ish and doesn't walk much. In the 2 hole he gets a guy usually that is on base and can get in scoring position. I also agree that the bottom of the order has been on in front of him. That why I believe the bottom is as important as the top to turn the lineup over with someone on the sacks. This in spite of our sub-Mendoza catcher!

I believe most of the time though he was 5th behind Rich. Also, I would say having Griffey and then Rich (two of the Reds best at driving in runs) behind him may help him see a better quality of pitch selection.

I believe most of the time though he was 5th behind Rich. Also, I would say having Griffey and then Rich (two of the Reds best at driving in runs) behind him may help him see a better quality of pitch selection.

:thumb: :thumb:

Reds third baseman Edwin Encarnacion is one of the hardest-working Reds, a fact not lost on Narron. "He's out every day with Bucky Dent early taking fielding practice, and as long as you do that you have a chance to improve and I think he will," Narron said.

 

From Lance McAlister's blog. I think this is something that Narron is high upon and reading the quotes made on Lopez during the trade, his work ethic and want to improve was not high.

Reds third baseman Edwin Encarnacion is one of the hardest-working Reds, a fact not lost on Narron. "He's out every day with Bucky Dent early taking fielding practice, and as long as you do that you have a chance to improve and I think he will," Narron said.

 

From Lance McAlister's blog. I think this is something that Narron is high upon and reading the quotes made on Lopez during the trade, his work ethic and want to improve was not high.

I don't think Felipe ever looked to have a strong work ethic IMO...

I don't think Felipe ever looked to have a strong work ethic IMO...

Based upon the things that I have read, I agree.

I doubt if either team is going to fall out of contention in two weeks.

 

How sweet for us old-timers (those that saw games in the mid-70s) to have a Reds-Dodgers series mean something. Where is Hal King?

 

I was at the game where Bill Plumber was catching for Bench and tagged out Garvey(I think) at the plate and knocked him out cold.

For those of you who were crying for the Reds to sign Jeff Weaver. In his Cardinals debut he gave up 6 runs on 8 hits (2 homers) in 4 innings of work.

For those of you who were crying for the Reds to sign Jeff Weaver. In his Cardinals debut he gave up 6 runs on 8 hits (2 homers) in 4 innings of work.

 

 

I don't remember anyone getting too worked up over Weaver. Also, Joe Mays might have given up 9 runs on 12 hits tonight.

I don't remember anyone getting too worked up over Weaver. Also, Joe Mays might have given up 9 runs on 12 hits tonight.

 

 

 

I didn't say anybody got worked up over him, I was just pointing out that there were some of you who wanted the Reds to take a chance on him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I saw that Jeff Weaver got put on assignment today, and I was wondering what everyone else would think about it if we picked him up. I know I would like the Reds to try to get him, I know he has been having a TERRIBLE season so far. I think we could try to use him in the bullpen though. I think he would be a great setup guy for Coffey. Or even may try to use him as the closer and let Coffey go back to what he did so well earlier in the year and that was going in the game in tough situations and getting outs!

 

I know the chances of any of that happening probably aren't great but I know I would like to see us try to pick him up, because I think he could help this bullpen out. Or we could give him another chance as a starter as well. I personally would like him in the bullpen because he has good stuff and would work pretty well only going an inning or two IMO.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have you ever seen him pitch? Have you looked at his past numbers? He has always given up too many homeruns and I'm not saying Weaver is great. I'm just saying he would be one of our better pitchers in the pen. Yes he's been bad this year, but I wasn't saying that he could pitch at the level he has this year and pitch for us, because he couldn't pitch for anyone with his numbers. However, if you look at his numbers over the last 2 years, he could help us.
There was nothing like going to Riverfront Stadium for a series with the Dodgers as a youngster. The place was always packed, and because my dad worked for Ashland Inc, we always got blue seats about 10 rows back from the field. I hated the Dodgers with a passion, and there was nothing better than going to those Twi-night double headers. Oh the memories. :thumb: :thumb:

I remember Pete going over to the Dodger dugout from third to challenge the whole bench after they were razzing him.

How about Hal King's big blast to turn the season around for the Reds?

Creative dig at Griffey but the point was that Dunn's BATTING AVERAGE with RISP was up in the 2nd position and not the TOTAL number of RBI's.

Plus I would think Dunn is seeing better pitches with Junior hitting behind him.

I don't think Felipe ever looked to have a strong work ethic IMO...

:thumb: :thumb: I also got that impression.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.