Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

I still wonder if the Reds aren't shopping for an everyday third baseman as insurance for Encarnacion. I know Aurelia can play there, but that seems to be the only other positional need they have, unless Ross stays on the DL longer than expected.

 

 

We have two catchers and Castro, Aurilia, and Freel can play third.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can't get Sanders for a song then forget him, IMO! I have a feeling the next 2 series will be the key to the magnitude of the deal that the Reds are willing to make. Granted it will be that much closer to the deadline, but will be a fairly good measuring stick with regards to the position the Reds will be in the division and WC race. Win the next 2 series and I'd bet the pocketbooks may open a bit for another arm ( who that would be is beyond me ) but there will be some folks that are gonna be sellers by then as well!

What about Dunner approaching .250? It's a funny thing when you get excited about .250, but that is a significant improvement. I'll take Dunn's production and .250 all day long.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. This is my independent thought and was not in any way influenced by HSSB or any of his affiliates. Although he may refer back to my desire to trade Dunn for pitching and throw that in my face and I would be deserving!

What about Dunner approaching .250? It's a funny thing when you get excited about .250, but that is a significant improvement. I'll take Dunn's production and .250 all day long.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. This is my independent thought and was not in any way influenced by HSSB or any of his affiliates. Although he may refer back to my desire to trade Dunn for pitching and throw that in my face and I would be deserving!

 

:thumb: :thumb: :lol: :lol:

 

 

I don't know what's more news-worthy, Dunn's climb to .250 or Griffeys' fall to it. :sssh:

Rockies' left-hander Tom Martin calls the homer Dunn hit "the hardest ever hit off me."

 

Denver Post

 

Appreciating how difficult it is to hit MLB pitching, guys like Dunn...well honestly they anger me...

 

I was at the game Sunday and was in a little better shape to "focus" on the game. He has those at bats that you just know he's going to eventually get one. It may be the next at bat or the one after that but you can see him dialed in. It's quite honestly a thing of beauty. Smooth, easy and nothing but power...I love watching it.

 

Those guys are in the "freak of nature" category...at least for me.

All I know is I have Reds/Dodgers tickets for August 3rd and I really hope both are still in contention so it will be an interesting ball game.

All I know is I have Reds/Dodgers tickets for August 3rd and I really hope both are still in contention so it will be an interesting ball game.

 

I doubt if either team is going to fall out of contention in two weeks.

 

How sweet for us old-timers (those that saw games in the mid-70s) to have a Reds-Dodgers series mean something. Where is Hal King?

I doubt if either team is going to fall out of contention in two weeks.

 

How sweet for us old-timers (those that saw games in the mid-70s) to have a Reds-Dodgers series mean something. Where is Hal King?

Where is Davey Lopes, Steve Garvey, Ron Cey ? I hated those guys. It was AWESOME!

Where is Davey Lopes, Steve Garvey, Ron Cey ? I hated those guys. It was AWESOME!

 

Bill Russell, Dusty Baker, Steve Yeager, Tommy John, Reggie Smith, Mike Marshall . That was a great rivalry.

BTW, I can't remember the right fielder's name from the Rockies but dude's got a CANNON!!!

 

He picked one up from the right field corner and threw a laser strike to second.

 

That was the one thing I'll miss about watching Kearns.

I doubt if either team is going to fall out of contention in two weeks.

 

How sweet for us old-timers (those that saw games in the mid-70s) to have a Reds-Dodgers series mean something. Where is Hal King?

 

 

There was nothing like going to Riverfront Stadium for a series with the Dodgers as a youngster. The place was always packed, and because my dad worked for Ashland Inc, we always got blue seats about 10 rows back from the field. I hated the Dodgers with a passion, and there was nothing better than going to those Twi-night double headers. Oh the memories. :thumb: :thumb:

What about Dunner approaching .250? It's a funny thing when you get excited about .250, but that is a significant improvement. I'll take Dunn's production and .250 all day long.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. This is my independent thought and was not in any way influenced by HSSB or any of his affiliates. Although he may refer back to my desire to trade Dunn for pitching and throw that in my face and I would be deserving!

Lance was saying today that since Dunn was moved to the 2nd spot. 333 batting average. And he is driving in runs.

Lance was saying today that since Dunn was moved to the 2nd spot. 333 batting average. And he is driving in runs.

Makes sense RBI-wise. Hitting after Griffey didn't leave him much to drive in. Grif's OBP is barely over .300.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.