August 29, 200620 yr Fours days out of first and I have to read this................. I agree. The Reds will have a better feel for where they stand on Sun. night. Since the Reds have concluded play against St Louis they will have to get helpfrom other teams to win the Central. They have been getting that help all year but have not taken advantage of Cards losing streaks. I still think this Wc race goes to the last weekend and there may be a tie. Maybe more than 2 teams tie. As long as one is the Reds that would be cool. How would that get settled if 3 or more tied at seasons end ?
August 29, 200620 yr They are now 67-65 with 30 games remaining.....3.5 games out A year ago today they were 62-70.........................22 games out
August 29, 200620 yr They are now 67-65 with 30 games remaining.....3.5 games out A year ago today they were 62-70.........................22 games out Amazing comparison, with such a little difference in loses.
August 29, 200620 yr They are now 67-65 with 30 games remaining.....3.5 games out A year ago today they were 62-70.........................22 games out Funny. Only 5 games different in the record. And why I say they need to pull out all of the stops (including pulling Homer up) to make the run now and this year. No guarantee the NL will be this down next year. No guarantee that the Cards will be this down next year. No guarantee the Cubs will be...okay...we can count on the Cubs to be at the bottom again, but you get my point.
August 29, 200620 yr Funny. Only 5 games different in the record. And why I say they need to pull out all of the stops (including pulling Homer up) to make the run now and this year. No guarantee the NL will be this down next year. No guarantee that the Cards will be this down next year. No guarantee the Cubs will be...okay...we can count on the Cubs to be at the bottom again, but you get my point. I agree with this!!
August 29, 200620 yr If they go 0-5 does that guarantee world series? Every game is important from here on out. The Reds are still 1st in the Wild Card correct? No. Yes. My opinion, feel free to have your own. If they do go 1-4, let's look and see where they are in the WC standings on 10/2/06 -- I'll be shocked if it's better than 5th.
August 29, 200620 yr Fours days out of first and I have to read this................. Read it and weep. It is true. I want them to win the whole thing but it will not happen. They are not consistant enough to win it all. It has been a great year. The wildcard maybe but overtake the Cards no way. I hope I am wrong but it is just my opinion.
August 29, 200620 yr Read it and weep. It is true. I want them to win the whole thing but it will not happen. They are not consistant enough to win it all. It has been a great year. The wildcard maybe but overtake the Cards no way. I hope I am wrong but it is just my opinion. I'm not talking win it all I'm talking make the playoffs. You gotta walk before you can run. Who is consistent in the NL? Not the Cardinals. The Mets have been, but they can be beat. The Phillies? Marlins? Dodgers? Who has been more consistent then the Reds? The Cards have lost 8 in a row twice. They can certainly do it again. They have several key injuries and at this point (knock on wood) the Reds don't really have any key injuries. I share your opinion, but I heard the same thing the last time the Reds got close and let it slip away and they went back and tied the division leaders.
August 29, 200620 yr No. Yes. My opinion, feel free to have your own. If they do go 1-4, let's look and see where they are in the WC standings on 10/2/06 -- I'll be shocked if it's better than 5th. That's not all that much of a reach. I'm saying if they go 1-4, but then go 14-2 they'll win either the WC or the division.
August 29, 200620 yr I'm not talking win it all I'm talking make the playoffs. You gotta walk before you can run. Who is consistent in the NL? Not the Cardinals. The Mets have been, but they can be beat. The Phillies? Marlins? Dodgers? Who has been more consistent then the Reds? The Cards have lost 8 in a row twice. They can certainly do it again. They have several key injuries and at this point (knock on wood) the Reds don't really have any key injuries. I share your opinion, but I heard the same thing the last time the Reds got close and let it slip away and they went back and tied the division leaders. That was my point. On two different occassions the team they are chasing lost 8 straight and they gained no ground and all this with players injured. You also have to hit before you can run and with runners on base they simply have not been getting the job done. The inability to play consistent on each game night is the reason they are not on top. If they make the playoffs that would be great but I do not see it.
August 29, 200620 yr Its been a fun season. However, we have to remember that the Reds are a .500 team. In most years in most leagues, that's not a playoff team. We're fortunate as fans that the Cardinals stink and the rest of the NL does as well. Think about it. The Marlins are still in the playoff hunt. That says it all, doesn't it?
August 30, 200620 yr I see that Bob Ritchie and his new bride were in attendance on Monday. "...I'm a cowboy baby...."
August 30, 200620 yr Lancaster... LOS ANGELES -- A familiar face is back in the clubhouse this afternoon. Chris Denorfia flew cross-country last night and joined the team today, making him eligible for the postseason. He takes the roster spot of Chris Michalak, who was optioned to Sarasota. That nifty procedural move would allow the Reds to bring Michalak back the next time they need a fifth starter -- next Tuesday against the Giants. The usual 10-day rule won't apply because Sarasota's season will be over by then. I'm not convinced Michalak will make that start, but the option is there for the Reds.
August 30, 200620 yr That was my point. On two different occassions the team they are chasing lost 8 straight and they gained no ground and all this with players injured. You also have to hit before you can run and with runners on base they simply have not been getting the job done. The inability to play consistent on each game night is the reason they are not on top. If they make the playoffs that would be great but I do not see it. Then who makes it, because at this point they're on pace to make it. Who is this mystery consistent team that is going to win the WC?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.