August 30, 200620 yr Its been a fun season. However, we have to remember that the Reds are a .500 team. In most years in most leagues, that's not a playoff team. We're fortunate as fans that the Cardinals stink and the rest of the NL does as well. Think about it. The Marlins are still in the playoff hunt. That says it all, doesn't it? Didn't the fish start off 12-32 or something awful. We have to play them again and it could be a huge series.
August 30, 200620 yr Then who makes it, because at this point they're on pace to make it. Who is this mystery consistent team that is going to win the WC? I stated that they may win the WC!! However, if they continue to choke they will not win the WC and they certainly will not catch the Cards. No one is consistent, that is why the Reds are still in the hunt. If you think that winning two & losing 4 is consistent then we have different ideas as to what it is. I just stated that my opinion is they will not win and the next few days will decide. I have been a Reds fan since I was old enough to know what a baseball was so I really would like to see them win it but it will not happen.
August 30, 200620 yr Its been a fun season. However, we have to remember that the Reds are a .500 team. In most years in most leagues, that's not a playoff team. We're fortunate as fans that the Cardinals stink and the rest of the NL does as well. Think about it. The Marlins are still in the playoff hunt. That says it all, doesn't it? :thumb: Thank you!! Right on the money with your post!!
August 30, 200620 yr Its been a fun season. However, we have to remember that the Reds are a .500 team. In most years in most leagues, that's not a playoff team. We're fortunate as fans that the Cardinals stink and the rest of the NL does as well. Think about it. The Marlins are still in the playoff hunt. That says it all, doesn't it? You and HSSB deserve each other...
August 30, 200620 yr Mike Burns was called up in Boston... ...which says a lot about the state of pitching on the team with the 2nd highest payroll.
August 30, 200620 yr Reds best chance at the playoffs IMO, is still to catch the Cards. Keep looking up... not behind you.
August 30, 200620 yr Lancaster... LOS ANGELES -- A familiar face is back in the clubhouse this afternoon. Chris Denorfia flew cross-country last night and joined the team today, making him eligible for the postseason. He takes the roster spot of Chris Michalak, who was optioned to Sarasota. That nifty procedural move would allow the Reds to bring Michalak back the next time they need a fifth starter -- next Tuesday against the Giants. The usual 10-day rule won't apply because Sarasota's season will be over by then. I'm not convinced Michalak will make that start, but the option is there for the Reds. I like this move, give Freel a few days off and let Deno play. Michalak IS TERRIBLE. I dont even like to watch when he pitches. I am intrested to see who starts this game. Could it be........:sssh:
August 30, 200620 yr I hope Milton is on tonight but here's a prediction....He'll allow 3 runs, before the 3rd inning is up. 2 will be on a 2nd inning HR. I've been wrong before and waiting till pre-game is over, to watch.
August 30, 200620 yr That was my point. On two different occassions the team they are chasing lost 8 straight and they gained no ground and all this with players injured. You also have to hit before you can run and with runners on base they simply have not been getting the job done. The inability to play consistent on each game night is the reason they are not on top. If they make the playoffs that would be great but I do not see it. I agree with the points that you make about their lack os consistency cville and for them not to overtake "the man who invented baseball" when they lose 8 straight (twice!!) does not look good as far as winning the division. I have not lost hope (yet) of making the playoffs with the WC but the Reds just cannot keep depending on other teams to lose for the to win the WC or division. Reds have to take care of business on the field and they are not getting it done right now, plain and simple. I hope that this changes fast, if not we are out of it. I love the Reds...always have, always will and the front office imo has improved things greatly but the players have to perform on the field.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.