August 8, 200620 yr If the Reds are serious about winning the division they must win the next 3 games. I didn't like Narron downplaying this series, saying it made no difference whether they won these games or not. His attitude was reflected in their wonder performance last night. :madman:
August 8, 200620 yr The Reds cost themselves 5,000 a night in walk up patrons with last night's performance. That is the 2nd game that I have REALLY looked forward to in the last 9 months. The first one ended up with Carson on a stretcher, the 2nd ended up with me watching "Country Fried Home Videos" on CMT. Awful.
August 8, 200620 yr The same problem from the past is haunting this team again. Starters that can't get you to the 7th on a regular basis will make it twice as hard to win with any regularity...That was my argument on the trades, they didn't address the main problem in my opinion. When the #3-#5 struggle, it's nearly impossible to be consistent in series. Factor in that Arroyo and Harang will struggle at times and the Reds starters aren't capable of shutting down an offense, in 2 of a best of 4 series. The Reds cost themselves 5,000 a night in walk up patrons with last night's performance. That is the 2nd game that I have REALLY looked forward to in the last 9 months. The first one ended up with Carson on a stretcher, the 2nd ended up with me watching "Country Fried Home Videos" on CMT. Awful.I watched HGTV, kept switching back and forth, for updates. Good news, if there was any, that is just ONE loss for the Reds....today is a new day but if this lead gets to 5.5 or 6.5, than the upcoming series may be too little, too late....perhaps the most important game of the year, for the Reds tonight.
August 8, 200620 yr I talked about the same thing last night. Milton vs Suppan should be interesting... Suppan is not pitching in this series. He pitched on Sunday. Marquis goes tonight.
August 8, 200620 yr Suppan is not pitching in this series. He pitched on Sunday. Marquis goes tonight. My bad...
August 8, 200620 yr Everyone is complaining about the pitching which is terrible.The only way they could have won last night would have been a shutout.It's time dunn and griffey get off their behinds and swing the bat.They could have maybe got back in the game last night early but both of them stand there and take strike three one after the other.All the hitters made the cards worst pitcher look like cy young.The pitching has to improve but the hitters have to be aggressive and carry the load.
August 8, 200620 yr Everyone is complaining about the pitching which is terrible.The only way they could have won last night would have been a shutout.It's time dunn and griffey get off their behinds and swing the bat.They could have maybe got back in the game last night early but both of them stand there and take strike three one after the other.All the hitters made the cards worst pitcher look like cy young.The pitching has to improve but the hitters have to be aggressive and carry the load. The two pitches he struck them two out on were very good. If he could throw it there every time he'd be one of the best pitchers in the league.
August 8, 200620 yr Prediction: I hope I'm wrong, but I believe the Reds are beginning to play at their true level. That is a 500 team. They have played well over their heads until this point and that has come to an end. Poor pitching and inconsistent offense are the Reds demise. 1/2 price seats and 1.00 hot dogs will not fill the seats. If you can't give away a bobblehead away every night, then try putting a true contender on the field. The fans have smelled a rat a year long.
August 8, 200620 yr Prediction: I hope I'm wrong, but I believe the Reds are beginning to play at their true level. That is a 500 team. They have played well over their heads until this point and that has come to an end. Poor pitching and inconsistent offense are the Reds demise. 1/2 price seats and 1.00 hot dogs will not fill the seats. If you can't give away a bobblehead away every night, then try putting a true contender on the field. The fans have smelled a rat a year long. I will agree that the Reds were over achieving at the beginning of the season and if not for bad years in Chicago and Houston, the Reds wouldn't be in the hunt at this point...IMO. However, I believe Krivsky and Company have been and still are trying, to put a contender on the field. The Reds have made more moves to make the post season this year than than 1990 season when they won it all. If the Reds don't make the postseason, but finish fighting til the end, I'm happy. It's at least, a step in the right direction. Something that hasn't happened in 10+ years for the organization. On a side note: Why did Narron leave Ramirez in to suffer through the 1st inning? Why wasn't the bullpen up when it was 2-0? Marty said during the broadcast to Narron downplayed the importance of the series to the media. Surely he's not doing this in the dugout? Everyone could see Ramirez had nothing at the start and Narron didn't give the team a chance to win because he stayed with Ramirez too long.
August 8, 200620 yr I will agree that the Reds were over achieving at the beginning of the season and if not for bad years in Chicago and Houston, the Reds wouldn't be in the hunt at this point...IMO. However, I believe Krivsky and Company have been and still are trying, to put a contender on the field. The Reds have made more moves to make the post season this year than than 1990 season when they won it all. If the Reds don't make the postseason, but finish fighting til the end, I'm happy. It's at least, a step in the right direction. Something that hasn't happened in 10+ years for the organization. On a side note: Why did Narron leave Ramirez in to suffer through the 1st inning? Why wasn't the bullpen up when it was 2-0? Marty said during the broadcast to Narron downplayed the importance of the series to the media. Surely he's not doing this in the dugout? Everyone could see Ramirez had nothing at the start and Narron didn't give the team a chance to win because he stayed with Ramirez too long. It is very rare to see the bullpen get up in the 1st inning especially when it's only 2-0.
August 8, 200620 yr Freel and Dunn both smoked balls in the first inning, I truly believe if those find ground it's a new game. However, I agree with Milford that Dunn needs to re-warm-up (is that a word?) and Griffey needs to continue to ramp up his production (which he is). Aurilia is going to find it hard to get AB's down the stretch if E-5 keeps mashing like he is. That, combined with the fact that Rich looked anemic in the last series.
August 8, 200620 yr Freel and Dunn both smoked balls in the first inning, I truly believe if those find ground it's a new game. However, I agree with Milford that Dunn needs to re-warm-up (is that a word?) and Griffey needs to continue to ramp up his production (which he is). Aurilia is going to find it hard to get AB's down the stretch if E-5 keeps mashing like he is. That, combined with the fact that Rich looked anemic in the last series. :thumb: Take those two shots and add Junior bouncing one off the wall, and it's a new ball game...
August 8, 200620 yr John Fay is reporting that Majewski was told to keep quiet about being hurt when he was traded...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.