Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Is it not "the most important series of the year?" It just irks me how Narron waits and waits on guys when they are pitching and doesn't at least get someone ready in case his current pitcher gets in trouble.

 

I just don't think he gave the Reds much of a chance last night by staying with Ramirez, when he had Franklin in the pen - a guy who was "well" rested and probably itching to play.

 

 

So should he have someone up in the pen as soon as the other team gets a hit? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

 

I've disagreed with Narron in the past, but pick your battles.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That 1st game was the most important of the year and they tanked. A team heading to the playoffs wins that game and sets a tone for the rest of the series, and the season. St Louis goes back to the hotel last night knowing they have the division wrapped up.

 

 

I hope that's what they think.

 

This is one of the most absurd posts I've ever read.

1. Pitchers have bad nights. Ramirez didn't have his stuff and a 5 run spot is hard to overcome for any team.

 

2. Pitchers have good nights. Weaver had his stuff. That fastball he threw to Griffey to K him looking that started inside and cut across the corner was a great pitch. Weaver had command and control and almost all major leaguers are tough when they have that.

 

3. They lost one game. They could possibly win the next three.

 

4. They could get swept. Then possibly go on a ten game winning streak and be right back in the thick of it (LA)

 

5. This is way too pessimistic IMO. This isn't football or basketball (college) where you lose and go home. There is a lot of baseball to be played and the Reds are in a position to make a run at it and I hope they do. They aren't done by any means.

If I made the card tonight, here it is...

 

Freel

Dunn

Hatte

E-5

Junior

Rich

Ross

Clayton

 

 

Is Phillips hurt, or are you sitting him because of his two errors last night?

Milton's pitching tonight so we better get someone up and throwing to replace him in the first inning.

Is Phillips hurt, or are you sitting him because of his two errors last night?

I'm sitting him because there are only 2 off days left in August, and everyone will get their turn. After a great game Saturday, Sunday and Monday left a lot to be desired for BP...

Has the end come yet?

As bad as the NL is (Mets included) nope...

Should they just cancel the rest of the season and be done with it??? :rolleyes:

 

Of course not...It's just hard for Reds fans to keep getting their hopes up when they tank games 13-1. Hopefully the team rebounds better than some of us fans. :thumb:

So should he have someone up in the pen as soon as the other team gets a hit? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

 

I've disagreed with Narron in the past, but pick your battles.

 

I'm just saying he should've went to Franklin sooner. Didn't you see that Ramirez had NOTHING? And considering his last start and how the game began yesterday, Narron shouldn't have hesitated with a change. It's over and done now so what else can you say?

 

Ramirez is not stepping up when it counts. His effectiveness, or lack thereof, wouldn't have been under such a microscope had this start been in April or May.

 

Of course, Dave Williams may have something to say about doing your best every time out.

Does Bowden have a shred of integrity left? Is there anyone in baseball that takes that guy seriously? Does he have a prayer of keeping that job for next year?

 

 

Now I am glad that Jim Bowden's girlfriend slapped him around earlier this year down in Miami.....he is a snake in the grass.....

 

What a loser....he was the savior that brought in Jr and got dirty knees for Carl... I have no use for him.

Milton's pitching tonight so we better get someone up and throwing to replace him in the first inning.

 

Milton has been a little better since the break, but I guess if he gives up 3 bombs in the first 2 innings you would stick it out too uh? :D

 

Surely Milton can turn it around. He's not the type of guy that can "meltdown" at any given time and blow a game. :rolleyes:

:D

I'm just saying he should've went to Franklin sooner. Didn't you see that Ramirez had NOTHING? And considering his last start and how the game began yesterday, Narron shouldn't have hesitated with a change. It's over and done now so what else can you say?

 

Ramirez is not stepping up when it counts. His effectiveness, or lack thereof, wouldn't have been under such a microscope had this start been in April or May.

 

Of course, Dave Williams may have something to say about doing your best every time out.

 

 

i agree...he was throwing batting practice...couldnt even mix in a curve or pitch in the dirt... just kept throwing meatballs.... I believe I could have given up the same hits..... :D

The Reds are not going to win the Wild Card this season, or the Central. Sorry to disappoint all you hardcore fans, but it just isn't going to happen. If they didn't have Jerry Narron as manager they may have a shot, but since he's in the dugout they have no chance.

 

As I've said all season they will not win more than 75 games this year, and I see no reason to change now.

The Reds are not going to win the Wild Card this season, or the Central. Sorry to disappoint all you hardcore fans, but it just isn't going to happen. If they didn't have Jerry Narron as manager they may have a shot, but since he's in the dugout they have no chance.

 

As I've said all season they will not win more than 75 games this year, and I see no reason to change now.

 

I'm not a huge Baseball Guy fan but I that should the Reds not make the postseason, the reason is 60'6" from home plate.

As I've said all season they will not win more than 75 games this year, and I see no reason to change now.

 

50 games left and they are sitting at 57 wins. To max out at 75 wins, they would need to go 18-32. I don't see it.

Boy, if that isn't Deja Vu all over again. :madman: :madman:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.